SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-31-21, 09:55 AM   #6796
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-21, 09:58 AM   #6797
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
They should look at this 'propaganda' because I believe there are strong elements of truth within it.

I am not surprised one bit by the British reaction. Not one bit.

Its the same like with Western sanctions on Russia leading to increased Russian self autarky in food production, and US sanctions meant to damage China and force it into concessions having China redesigning policies for greater autarky in high tech key production, and greater indep0endency form the US dollar. So far, the Us sancitons have led to right th eopposite of what they were meant to acchieve.

Now the British demonstrate a similiar stubborness to comply with bullying and attempted blackmailing.

Moral of the sotry: sanctions only have a chance to work if hitting a dependent, weak receiver of sanctions who does not have the means to adapt or to strike back, and is too weak to ever reach a status of autarky.
Old 03-31-21, 11:58 AM   #6798
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

When a person change nationality s/he becomes lesser infectious.

I'm not kidding.

A few days ago I had a chat with my cousin from Sweden and he said that many Danes who live in Sweden and work in Denmark, has chosen to change nationality-Because as a Swedish citizens you do not need to stay in quarantine for 10 days after they have been outside the country.

So a person Danish, German or Norwegian who is infected, will infect lesser if this person change nationality to Swedish.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-21, 12:27 PM   #6799
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

"As restrictions lift and the weather improves, we cannot drop our guard," Public Health England medical director Dr Yvonne Doyle says
"We're not out of the woods yet," she warns as thousands enjoy warm weather in outdoor spaces, prompting social distancing concerns.

Many areas have seen a sunny week so far - coinciding with England easing some restrictions.

Health Secretary Matt Hancock warns people not to "blow it" by breaching coronavirus guidelines.

Two parks in Nottingham are closed by the council after "appalling scenes" of crowds drinking and brawling earlier in the week.

Outdoor pubs and restaurants can reopen on 26 April as long as coronavirus rates remain low, the Welsh government has said.

Pfizer says US trials of its Covid vaccine in children aged 12-15 show 100% efficacy.

Northern Ireland's coronavirus vaccination programme has been opened up to people aged from 45 to 49

Glastonbury organisers announce plans for a livestream from Worthy Farm, after the festival was cancelled for a second year.

Old 03-31-21, 12:32 PM   #6800
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 03-31-21, 02:55 PM   #6801
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184

French president Emmanuel Macron announces nationwide Covid-19 lockdown, warning: ‘We will lose control if we do not move now’
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/coron...?ocid=msedgntp

You should have done it weeks ago you thick pillock.
Old 03-31-21, 03:52 PM   #6802
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

All these lockdowns will not help-It may decrease the spread of the disease, but not stop it.

There will ALWAYS be people who for many reason will break any restriction rules.

The virus keep on mutate.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-21, 04:19 PM   #6803
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
They should look at this 'propaganda' because I believe there are strong elements of truth within it. [...]
Not me. From where do you get information apart fom this, and did you read any of what i quoted or wrote here?

In fact the export data shows Britain to be the biggest importer of doses produced in the E.U.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/10/w...d-vaccine.html

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ts-eu-concedes

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN2AP2RS

And this is what REALLY happens! The whole world has seen what Johnson did, the bullying, brazenness and accusations, what do you say about all the EU vaccine exports to the UK?
Really, i find this unbelievable.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.

Last edited by Catfish; 03-31-21 at 04:37 PM.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-21, 04:35 PM   #6804
Moonlight
Admiral

@Mapuc, Ultimately this is the fault of politicians and there medical advisors from all over the world who have not come up with a better plan than a bleeding Lockdown.

Many years ago you could have relied on some input from the World Health Organisation but they're too busy absolving China of any blame and letting the Chinese try and foist it on some other innocent country.

I wonder who is eventually going to be blamed for it?, my best guess would be a country who has already had a diplomatic row with China over this virus.

@Catfish, were you like this with the UK before Brexit or is it since we voted to go our own way that's made you into a UK bashing crackpot?, bloody calm down man or you'll do yourself some medical damage, I've heard yoga is good for you, try holding your breath for a minute, or even better, until you faint.

Last edited by Moonlight; 03-31-21 at 04:49 PM.
Moonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-21, 06:13 PM   #6805
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Not me. From where do you get information apart fom this, and did you read any of what i quoted or wrote here?

In fact the export data shows Britain to be the biggest importer of doses produced in the E.U.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/10/w...d-vaccine.html

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ts-eu-concedes

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN2AP2RS

And this is what REALLY happens! The whole world has seen what Johnson did, the bullying, brazenness and accusations, what do you say about all the EU vaccine exports to the UK?
Really, i find this unbelievable.
What is unbelievable in - that whatever the Brits do, it works? Half of their people have the stuff in their arms, and their data analysts can prove now that the high rate of vaccination is responsible for their downward tendency in cases. That trend now is empirically valid, and verified. It was a race against the EU, and they won it clearly and with a great lead. And I think this itches you terribly!

It works.

Imagine how many billions and billions, doezns and in the end hundreds of billions it could have saved us, Germany, if our government would have been this efficient, too, so that we could save many, many weeks of lockdowns!

That others were ot up to playing him, is not Johnson's fault. He did what a state government had to do to serve its people to which it is accountable. And after that lousy a start!

Germany is busy with shooting itself in the foot again and again and again and again and again. Its like a sketch by Laurel and Hardy where the joke lies in the repetition.
Old 04-01-21, 02:55 AM   #6806
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
@Mapuc, Ultimately this is the fault of politicians and there medical advisors from all over the world who have not come up with a better plan than a bleeding Lockdown.
No, it is everyone's fault, after all someone voted for the existing politicians in the government.

Lockdown is the only thing that helps if you have no vaccine. When all this started last year in march there was no vaccine, and it was not known at the time how fast someone could come up with one, if at all.
Quote:
@Catfish, were you like this with the UK before Brexit or is it since we voted to go our own way that's made you into a UK bashing crackpot?, bloody calm down man or you'll do yourself some medical damage, I've heard yoga is good for you, try holding your breath for a minute, or even better, until you faint.
First i have a problem with England, or better its nationalistic neophytes, not with the UK. You like to make it look as if there was a row with the UK. But England decides and does it all for Wales, Scotland, Ireland. The latter can try, and do, and want what they want, but in this constellation they will never get their ideas through. They only have an equal status in theory.

Yes, indeed i am quite open to international relations of all kinds, travelling, studying, working (also in the UK), and after brexit (along with the Trump election) i have found a fallback and fail on all important things, from trade to scientific interchange, to freedom, to improve things like workers rights and "humane" behaviour and cooperation internationally, to democracy.
Instead there's now a war of words, distrust, military posing and bragging. Not from the EU b.t.w.. which is the reason why Russia hates it; a multipolar world with single nationalist states with their diversion, aggression, and where everyone looks for his own petty advantage is much easier to manipulate and deal with. Same for the Murdoch type.

Brexit is indeed a fallback in dark times, you may not see this now but it clearly will some years from now. It effectively ruins the future of the young generation, and you are back to petty nationalism, jingoism and xenophobia. It may have been there all the time, but with the right-wing swingaround five years ago, in the new atmosphere of hate and denigration all the usual SA types have extended their heads out of the ground.

I'm quite relaxed when it comes to vaccinating, campaign is making good now and even this Astra-Zeneca problem will not slow it down.

What i despise is e.g. some clown like Boris bragging about how well he pirated from others for his own political standing at home, depending on the nationalist idiots he does not even like. He was against brexit, then he supported it, rode on the cheating bus and won an election over it.. there is a reason why John le Carrée called him a mob orator.
Johnson brags how well he personally (lmao) did it all, what about the situation a year agon when Johnson heavily relied on EU vaccines (german Biontech), and the EU delivered? Something he does not want to give back, or even acknowledge? And then he has the nerve and brags just of all about the EU's failing of international cooperation?

Again: https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/10/w...d-vaccine.html

See the face of brexit and english jingoism is Rees-Mogg, Farage and Johnson. Add Ann Widdecombe and all that. This is quite an ugly crew.

And if you swing along with Skybird, be careful what you wish for. What he really promotes is the EU acting like England, towards England. And maybe it should, but you may not like it.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.

Last edited by Catfish; 04-01-21 at 03:14 AM.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-21, 03:44 AM   #6807
Skybird
Soaring

In alliances, especially the weaker members tend to doze off. Competition strenghten states, since they must become and remain competitive.

Practically all of Euopes traditional strengths in past centuries, stem from needing to compete and to compensate for own deficits in other sectors, caused by geographical isolation of regions. The likes of the Swiss havung no ressources to barter with, and so needing to export first military skill, then intellectual capability resulting in skills in for example engineering skills.

Greece allowed to get itself financed over decades by the superpower usa and nato, due to its geopolitical relevance. It did not form economic competence, being lulled by the easy money income. And so they did not form any exportable skills, like the Swiss - because noboy cared for and needed the Swiss.

The Euro drama and collectivization of debts are textbook examples. Now that euro bonds and state financing will come this way or the other, even if Stupigermany must change its cnstituion for allowing it, certain states will bdcome even more irresponsibly wasting funds. Like Germany irresponsibly cuts down its defences.
You also said lockdowns are the only solution if you have no vaccine. Technic ally that is not correct, a lockdown is no solution since it heals nothing and only extends the duration of th e pandemic on the time scale, at the cost of increasing the economic costs. You only hope to avoid an overwhelming of the health sector. The only solution is immunity, either by herd immunity (takes years) or vaccination (takes shorter, except in Stupigermany...)
Old 04-01-21, 10:42 AM   #6808
Moonlight
Admiral

There may be a lot of trouble ahead for Mighty Mouth Macron, politically, financially and more importantly personally, the dickheads going to pay for this mess he's created with his constant dithering and his political rivals will be scenting his blood.
You can bet Marine le Pen couldn't have asked for a more inept response to this China virus than what Macron's delivered up to now, I think it's going to cost the braindead pillock dearly.

Macron can't bear France being bailed out again by his hated Britain PAUL BALDWIN
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/other...?ocid=msedgntp

French economy faces €15bn hit after Macron’s lockdown U-turn
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/othe...?ocid=msedgntp

Macron's 'Waterloo'? French president comes under attack for lockdown U-turn
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world...?ocid=msedgntp
Old 04-01-21, 10:44 AM   #6809
Skybird
Soaring

Germany will pay for it, dont worry.

That was always Macronman's plan.

The German Constitutional High Court may currently block the Eurobonds, but that is just temportary, and Germany in the end will pay for it, no matter what. If need be, they will change the German constitution for allowing that. And the next government from autumn on most likely will see the green Reds and the redder Reds in government. And for these, there is nothing more beautiful than collectivising European debts and foreign state financing at the Germans' expenses.
Old 04-01-21, 11:21 AM   #6810
Skybird
Soaring

Mood in Germany completely tipped - record displeasure with the pandemic management.

National elections in Germany this Septembre.

https://translate.google.com/transla...anagement.html

And if the Merkel party dares to make Merkel's chatter-boy Laschet the candidate, they do not even have to run for election. Even with a CSU runner Söder, their chances are thin.

Last edited by Skybird; 04-01-21 at 11:33 AM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan