SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-22-21, 06:28 AM   #6031
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

I sincerely hope this is not true but I have two friends who are leaders of their respective local authorities and I'm led to believe this may well become a reality next week,

Quote:
Covid vaccine supplies in Yorkshire and the North East are reportedly being diverted to other parts of England.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-55755529

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-21, 06:32 AM   #6032
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

EU leaders have agreed to keep internal borders open but say tighter travel restrictions may be needed. European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen wants extra restrictions for Covid hot spots that would be designated as “dark red” zones. EU leaders have agreed to work on a common vaccination certificate and will decide later whether it can be used for travel.

French President Emmanuel Macron says from Sunday any traveller arriving in France from within the EU will require a negative PCR test taken at least 72 hours before arrival. Cross border workers and essential travel will be exempt. Meanwhile French health minister Olivier Véran has appealed to people to stop using home-made fabric masks – French health officials recommend medical masks are worn instead.

A group of 14 British students staying in the Chamonix area of France have tested positive for Covid. The mayor of Vallorcine where they’ve been staying has texted all the town’s residents to trace anyone in touch with them.

German health officials say the national death toll from Covid has climbed above 50,000 – with another 859 deaths in the past 24 hours. But infections have fallen in the past week, with an average infection rate of 115 per 100,000 people. Spain has registered a record 44,357 cases in one day.

Dutch MPs have backed a 21:00 to 04:30 curfew from tomorrow night. The move required parliamentary backing because the government resigned a week ago.

Old 01-22-21, 08:18 AM   #6033
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 01-22-21, 12:15 PM   #6034
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

New UK strain by preliminary results described to be not just more infectous, but also causing higher mortality.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-55768627
Old 01-22-21, 12:18 PM   #6035
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

I don't want to be 'chicken little', but this is alarming

A ‘healthy’ doctor died two weeks after getting a COVID-19 vaccine; CDC is investigating why

https://www.chicagotribune.com/coron..._HAmyPxIUJx0H0

Quote:
Two weeks after getting a first dose of a Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine, a 56-year-old doctor in South Florida died this week, possibly the nation’s first death linked to the vaccine.

Health officials from Florida and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention are investigating what role, if any, the vaccine played in the death of Dr. Gregory Michael, a Miami-Beach obstetrician who, his family says, was in otherwise good health.

Michael received his first dose of Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine on Dec. 18 at Mount Sinai Medical Center, according to a Facebook post from his wife, Heidi Neckelmann.

Three days later, small spots began to appear on his feet and hands and he went to the emergency room at Mount Sinai, where he has worked in private practice for 15 years, according to his personal website.
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-21, 12:53 PM   #6036
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

"There is some evidence that the new variant... may be associated with a higher degree of mortality," the PM tells a Downing Street briefing.

Overall data from people who test positive with the new variant suggests greater mortality, Sir Patrick Vallance says, though the data is currently uncertain.

For example, among 1,000 60-year-olds with the old variant, 10 might be expected to die. But this rises to about 13 with the new variant, he says
There are more than 38,000 people in hospital, 78% higher than there were at peak of the first wave, Johnson adds.

The number of people catching the virus is “turning the corner” but from an exceptionally high level, chief medical officer Chris Whitty says.

A further 1,401 people have died in the UK with coronavirus within 28 days of a positive test.

UK R rate estimated to be between 0.8 and 1 - meaning the outbreak could now be shrinking.

Old 01-22-21, 12:54 PM   #6037
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Nuke Mother nature meets the placebo effect

Now that a case of Covid has been reported in Skagway Alaska, all counties in the US are afflicted. With my reference to 'goddess Gaeia' (mother nature)reducing the earth's 8 billion population with a "cleansing" global killer after practice rounds with similar bat induced Ebola, Marburg, Lhasa, & Sars fevers, one wonders if 'social distancing' will impact the mudball's birthrate statistics? Apparently China is also having a troublesome resurgance as a new variant of the virus manifests its appearance. I wonder if, being on "b3 Tier 1 age 65+" to recieve the scarce vaccine, the placebo will work on the newer resistant virus variants by then!! I'm due in April at the earliest according to my flu-shot pharmacist!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-21, 01:10 PM   #6038
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

The UK government has announced a further 1,401 people have died with coronavirus within 28 days of a positive test.

That takes the total by that measure to 95,981.

There have also been a further 40,261 daily cases - the first time in six days that the number reported has been over 40,000.

Meanwhile, more than five million people in the UK have received the first dose of a Covid-19 vaccine - 5,383,103,according to the latest government figures.

Some 409,855 people received the first dose on Thursday, which is the highest number given in the UK in a 24-hour period so far.

Old 01-22-21, 02:20 PM   #6039
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

This is probably the divine punishment for people who never paid for WinRar.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-21, 07:29 PM   #6040
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

The mortality of the British strain may be raised by 30% at least.

German chief virologist Drosten said that if lockdown is eased too early and the British strain is not contained, Germany will have in summer infection rates of 100,000 per day.

30 million dosesof vaccines that German health minister Spahn said he had ordered after the German and eu policy had come under fire, apparently are anything but fixed and safe orders, but may be bogus numbers only. At the current vaccination rate, Germany would have vaccinated its population not before in over 5 years.

Astra Zeneca must reduce the ammount of promised doses for the EU, adding to the overall woes of the EU. The vaccination program has been attacked since ong time now,a nd rightly so. They did once again made a lot of loud words - and pityful deeds and chaotic planning. It hasn't covered itself with fame in all this.
Old 01-23-21, 08:00 AM   #6041
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

From tonight, anyone outside in the Netherlands between 9pm and 4.30am must have a valid reason.

Belgium bans people from taking foreign holidays while Finland tightens arrival rules.

In the UK, doctors say gap between the first and second Pfizer vaccine jabs should be cut.

EU expresses 'deep dissatisfaction' over delays in vaccine distribution.

Doctors say 'it's not clear' yet that a variant of coronavirus first identified in the UK may be more deadly.

A further 1,401 people have died in the UK with coronavirus within 28 days of a positive test.

It is one year since Wuhan, where the virus emerged, began its lockdown.

Old 01-23-21, 08:14 AM   #6042
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Norway’s capital Oslo and surrounding areas are being placed under tight restrictions following an outbreak of the coronavirus variant first identified in the UK. Non-essential shops were closed from midday on Saturday and will not re-open until 1 February at the earliest, the government said.

Belgium is set to ban residents from going on holiday abroad in a bid to limit the spread of more infectious coronavirus variants. The rules will come into force next week and remain in place until March.

As of Sunday, France is making Covid tests compulsory for all travellers arriving in the country, including those from the EU

Coronavirus vaccine manufacturer AstraZeneca has warned of supply issues to the European Union, compounding frustration in the bloc.Some nations' inoculation programmes were already slowed due to a cut in deliveries of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine.

Sri Lanka's Health Minister Pavithra Wanniarachchi, who publicly endorsed a herbal syrup made by a sorcerer, has tested positive for Covid-19, officials say.

Thousands of people in Hong Kong have been ordered to stay at home in the city’s first coronavirus lockdown.

Old 01-23-21, 12:39 PM   #6043
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 01-23-21, 12:40 PM   #6044
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

When it comes to this Corona-Covid19 there are things which makes me wonder how-How could this be possible ?

Markus
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-21, 12:42 PM   #6045
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

The number of coronavirus patients on mechanical ventilation in the UK has passed 4,000 for the first time in the pandemic.

A total of 4,076 Covid patients were on hospital ventilators as of Friday, according to government data.

That is higher than during the first wave, when the peak was 3,301 on 12 April.

It comes as another 1,348 deaths and 33,552 new infections were reported on Saturday.

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan