SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-04-21, 04:24 PM   #5896
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Vaccination rate in various countries. Vacci8nation per 100 populöation for January 3rd. Speaks volumes.

Old 01-04-21, 04:43 PM   #5897
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Based on news from Sweden and Denmark regarding the pensioners and nurse who work in these retirement homes. I Have concluded that this Corona virus is most definitely airborn. From the Swedish news it was told that nurse was not allowed to go from one section to another-Well there is a tiny chance some could have broken this rule or some other rules at this retirement home. Nevertheless it kept on spreading from section to section- Aircondition I'm pretty sure they hadn't installed things in the aircondition to prevent the virus to spread.

Corona mutation:

There are two-The British and the South African.

The British mutation is far more contagious than the one who abounds the world last year in the spring and summer.

The South African mutation is even more contagious than the British.
And(if I heard it correctly in the news on the radio) The vaccine which has been developed has no effect on the South African mutation.
(I hope I heard it wrong)

Markus
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-21, 04:43 AM   #5898
Skybird
Soaring

"So even if you think you do no harm by bending the rules a little bit, you are. It has a knock-on effect. And we are seeing the knock-on effect here."

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/health-55540701

Some days ago, some dozen stupid echo caves on necks and shoulders were dancing a polonaise on Berlin Alexander Plaza, singing a once famous German Schlager song, I think "Ein bißchen SARS muß sein, dann ist die Welt voll Sonnenschein" (A bit of SARS should be, then the world is filled with sunlight). Without masks, needless to say that.

Spit and vomit for these creeps. Stupidity is the most disgusting of all evils in the world. And honestly said I often think one should let stupid people simply die. They are wasting oxygene.
Old 01-05-21, 09:05 AM   #5899
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-21, 09:36 AM   #5900
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

PM Boris Johnson warned the coming weeks will be the "hardest yet" as he announced another national lockdown for England.

Johnson will hold a press conference at 17:00 GMT

All schools have been ordered to switch to online learning and this summer's exams will not go ahead.

Businesses in the retail, hospitality and leisure sectors will receive a grant worth up to £9,000, the UK chancellor announces.

Scotland entered another tough lockdown at midnight, with schools remaining closed to most pupils until at least the start of February.

Northern Ireland will legally enforce 'stay at home' orders and schools will have an "extended period of remote learning"

And in Wales, which is already under lockdown, schools and colleges will shut until 18 January.

Globally at least 85 millions cases of Covid have been reported and 1.85 million deaths, according to Johns Hopkins University.

Old 01-05-21, 09:39 AM   #5901
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

A blame game has erupted in Europe over the pace of coronavirus vaccinations, with some of the blame directed at the EU.

The UK and US are far ahead of EU member states in terms of people vaccinated. But the world leader by far is Israel, which has vaccinated more than 10% of its 9 million-strong population.

The reasons for Europe’s roll-out delays are complicated – and there are pros and cons to the EU role in this.

The EU Commission – acting for all 27 member states – has secured orders for two billion doses of vaccine, which is four times the EU population.

The orders are with six vaccine producers: months ago, when the orders went in, nobody knew which vaccine would be authorised first.

By clubbing together, EU member states accepted that the Commission would have more financial clout to get cheaper and fairer vaccine deals for all 27

The Commission ordered 200 million doses of the Pfizer/BioNTech one, the first to be rolled out, and will get at least 100 million more this year.

The Commission is co-ordinating the strategy – vaccinations began on 27 December - but each country decides exactly how much it needs, who to vaccinate and when.

The EU’s European Medicines Agency uses conditional market authorisation – slower than the emergency drug approvals in the UK and US, but less risky because it makes the manufacturer liable if there is a problem.

The EMA has only approved the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine so far: it’s more expensive than some rivals and has to be stored at -70C, posing logistical problems.

BioNTech admits it needs to expand capacity urgently to meet the huge demand – both it and the Commission regret the current supply bottlenecks
Article share tools.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-55542393

Old 01-05-21, 10:31 AM   #5902
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Well, like I said early on the U.S. is somewhat of a rusty squeaky wheel but when things start turning eventually we answer up with an overwhelming response. I think the U.S. is far ahead in the testing department. Well over two thirds of our population (250 million) giving us a good idea how far the virus has really progressed. Our home based Moderna announced it has geared up production and will have 600 million doses sometime this year for priority distribution to the U.K., Canada and the U.S.

Of course ask anyone from the Merkelreich and they will say increased testing proves nothing and that only contact tracing and obedience to the reich can achieve success.

and 3... 2... 1 ...

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-21, 10:57 AM   #5903
Skybird
Soaring

Hey Rocky - geht's noch...?
Old 01-05-21, 10:59 AM   #5904
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Well testing is something of a snapshot in time but still it is a measure of where things stand and developing trends.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-21, 11:56 AM   #5905
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Heard a rumor that the flu season is down by 98% 😯
So I went to check it out
Wow!

https://www.kabc.com/news/cdc-us-flu...ng-98-percent/

Quote:
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says that the flu numbers in the U.S. have plummeted 98%. Experts say that the reasons for the dramatic decline include fewer people traveling, more people wearing masks and social distancing, along with more Americans getting the flu shot, according to NBC News.

More adults have gotten the flu shot from pharmacies in 2020 compared to last year, says Healthline, and as of November of this year, 188 million doses of the flu vaccine had been distributed across the country, according to a new weekly flu vaccination dashboard provided by the CDC.
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-21, 12:01 PM   #5906
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Coronavirus death toll triples in Russia after government admits to downplaying COVID-19 outbreak.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-12-...-toll/13018842

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-21, 12:54 PM   #5907
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 01-05-21, 12:59 PM   #5908
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

The number of new daily confirmed cases of coronavirus in the UK has topped 60,000 for the first time since the pandemic started.

According to government figures on Tuesday,the number of people who have tested positive reached 60,916.

A further 830 people have died within 28 days of a positive coronavirus test in the UK, the latest figures show.

It takes the total by this measure to 76,305.

Old 01-05-21, 01:48 PM   #5909
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 01-05-21, 03:09 PM   #5910
skidman
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 85

The latest US achievement: On site triage. Just let them die.

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...ce-of-survival

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.” (Douglas Adams)
skidman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan