SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-06-20, 05:23 PM   #76
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Default welcome aboard!

Sampan One!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-20, 05:45 PM   #77
The Kraken Wakes
Watch

Downloads: 5
Default All the best Guys

Hi,
reporting in from West Midlands, Britain. CV still increasing here but we are nearly at the peak, and only going out when strictly necessary, complying with the Law here = total lockdown.
But I have never seen so much brotherhood and loyalty in this country before in my whole life. Our Queen spoke to the whole country on 4th April.
She asked us for discipline and good humoured resolve.

A small suggestion - if you have any garlic, peel it, chop 1 clove into 5 pieces and eat it raw, 1 clove a day. And grow some.
All the best everyone.
The Kraken Wakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-20, 06:30 PM   #78
toddacoco
Nub

Downloads: 24
Default Central Louisiana Lockdown

Central Louisiana, USA (Very Rural).
We are in a lockdown situation. Travel to grocery and pharmacy only.
No unnecessary visits are allowed. Strict social distancing order.
This is week 4 for us and we have 4 more to go for sure.
I’m a retired network administrator so it has not inconvenienced me much.
I do miss my granddaughter’s hugs though.
Hoping things get better for everyone soon.

My daughter is an ICU nurse practitioner.
She is working hard. She's on crazy schedules but is doing fine so far.
She’s healthy and has the needed ppe at work.
They have been able to handle the cases that have come to their hospital
with varying results.
I’m praying for everyone.

Stay safe.
toddacoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-20, 07:20 PM   #79
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy

Default Welcome back!

toddacoco! as u astutly point out, being retired is a good thing!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Old 04-06-20, 09:43 PM   #80
Silverbeard
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 88
Default Queensland Lockdown

Here at Noosa we are staying indoors except for a walk around the block in the evening when few people are around. Ordering in food etc from online supermarkets and liquor stores.
Word is that Queensland will peak somewhere around September so this will be a long haul. I would imagine its more comfortable than a U-Boat by a country mile!
Keep safe.
Silverbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-20, 09:50 PM   #81
sabot
Watch

Downloads: 90
Default Safe here in Japan

Over at CFAY Japan.

We're safe and out of school. Kiddo's are doing the virtual school thing, Staff are freaking out because they have to actually use lesson plans, and ADMIN can join their virtual classroom at any time.

Everyone has been instructed to wear face coverings on base and only trips to store, Post Office and NEX. We live off post so there's really not much change here. People are keeping to themselves for the most part.

Send Beer!!!

[IMG][/IMG]
sabot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-20, 11:06 PM   #82
Eisenwurst
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbeard View Post
Here at Noosa we are staying indoors except for a walk around the block in the evening when few people are around. Ordering in food etc from online supermarkets and liquor stores.
Word is that Queensland will peak somewhere around September so this will be a long haul. I would imagine its more comfortable than a U-Boat by a country mile!
Keep safe.
Stay safe up north. XXXX and vegemite cures everything.

Eisenwurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-20, 01:43 AM   #83
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Default welcome aboard!

Silverbeard! NOTHING LIKE A PANDEMIC TO GET SILENT RUNNERS TO THE SURFACE AFTER FIVE YEARS!

Old 04-07-20, 01:56 AM   #84
wwicio3
Swabbie

Downloads: 356

Hi! I'm from Poland

There is no need for blocking / curfew in my city of Bielsk Podlaski.
Residents are aware of the situation and are following the government's recommendations.

The streets are empty, and people who can, like me, get married at work and sit at home.
People in quarantine cannot leave the house anywhere - the financial penalty is 2 months of work so they are afraid and good
wwicio3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-20, 02:07 AM   #85
Taimax
Nub

Downloads: 41
Default Quarantine

Hello, i am from Russia, Siberia. The authorities and Putin introduced a regime of self-isolation, but did not give help. No money, 2 dollars left. Businesses are closing down, staff are being fired. They force me to stay at home until May 1, without money. Help, who than can please !!! Rather, this Putin would have already been removed, the whole people hate him, and even abroad. ---------------------------------------

It's a shame, but there is nothing to eat until the summer, and potatoes will grow only in August.
Even 5-10 dollars would be a good help. We in Siberia have an average salary of 300-400 dollars ....per month... Superpower ...

Last edited by Onkel Neal; 04-10-20 at 06:41 AM. Reason: Requests for money unapproeved
Taimax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-20, 03:06 AM   #86
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

I tend to not notice things until it's too late. This is one of those cases. I may have read something about the virus, but I didn't pay attention. Then I made my weekly run to the supermarket and was shocked to see the toilet paper shelves completely empty. I've stumbled across some from time to time, so I've never completely run out.

In some ways the reaction to this thing has been a blessing for me. I never go out anyway, and I don't socialize, so nothing much has changed. What has changed is the number of my neighbors wanting to talk to me about nonsense I'd rather avoid. This goes double for our apartment manager. He either stays at home or comes to his little office and locks himself in. The one thing he has stopped doing is getting in my face wanting to complain about one thing or another. Apparently a lot of my fellow residents feel the same way. I'm now doing what I always do but this time nobody bugs me about it.

Our VA hospital has called everybody cancelling a huge number of appointments. You don't get into that hospital unless it's a real emergency. Like a lot of others my travelling is limited to the grocery store.

As of today the case number for Covid-19 here in the desert and mountains of Utah has reached 1,675 with 13 deaths.
Old 04-07-20, 04:11 AM   #87
TheCabal
Swabbie

Downloads: 63
Icon5

####################
SECRET

084658Z JUN 20 - FLASH PRIORITY

TO: SUBSIM COMMUNITY

SUBJ: SITREP POLAND

1. SITUATION: .... no just kidding

A German-Polish-German-but-more-Polish dude from the vicinity of Wroclaw reporting in. Well, the outskirts are extremly calm here... with some obvious idiots still ignoring the lockdown. Kids.. well they are handling it somehow (or rather we) but sometimes they go nuts out of boredom.

We are playing together like the whole day, can be hard sometimes. My little company still holds itself (thank god) and yeah... trying to survive the day till the kids go to sleep so I can relax a bit with my wife doing just nothing... we both lack even the power for some loving acts at the end of the day.

While Poland has reacted very fast reg. COVID-19, lockdowns etc. I still think they overreacted a bit too much with all the restrictions to (at some degree) make some ads for the next political voting-session as well. But... I would rather do the same instead of explaining myself if chaos hit Poland. Well, I hope it's done in 1-2 weeks.

Despite this, feeling a bit sorry for my daughter and her upcoming birthday which she won't experience in the kindergarden like others have.

What about you guys and our subsim.com father? All sounding a bit similar?

___/ Twitch \___
__// Twitter \\__
_/// Youtube \\\_

TheCabal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-20, 04:17 AM   #88
Taimax
Nub

Downloads: 41

We have closed state institutions in Russia, but there is no support for business and people, so people are forced to go to work, who has it left. There are no tests, no masks, recently Putin sent a plane with medical equipment to the United States, and his doctors and people are sitting without protection. Russians now have a choice - to die from the virus or die of hunger in quarantine, so no one sees at home
Taimax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-20, 04:44 AM   #89
yelrom treblig
Nub

Downloads: 1540
Default Yelrom treblig

All doing well here, locked down with all hatches fast, very sunny Widnes just East of Liverpool, good to hear no S.O.S. keep taking the tablets as Moses said.
yelrom treblig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-20, 05:03 AM   #90
Kebster
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 13

Here in southern part in Finland everything is good. They've quarantined the greater Capital area from other parts of Finland, no entry or exit without valid cause (like trip to work and back). Situation is turning towards better around here, I think.
Kebster is offline   Reply With Quote