Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-21, 06:48 PM   #12421
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

< Every person has the right to speak and demonstrate.

The different was that a huge group of these demonstrator crossed a red line.

I'm pretty sure that a majority of the Americans would not prevent these Trump supporters they lawful right to demonstrate.

Markus
mapuc is online  
Old 01-07-21, 06:50 PM   #12422
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 130

The idiots may have their moment in the Worlds view.
Should they take it beyond reason for the REAL Americans?
Then the World would be shook.

There is a reason some say Yamamoto said
"There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."

Totally not proven that was ever said but you get the idea.

Some Guy wearing a Buffalo skin and really bad choices of Tattoos makes a tempting target.
Old 01-07-21, 06:55 PM   #12423
Gorpet
Still Searching

Downloads: 364

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
I have a question about your laws.

68 has so far been arrested and more will follow.

Which law will the authorities use-when these people is prosecuted ?

How long prison time will those who are found guilty get ?

Markus
Well if they get bailed out quickly they just might be Antifi Infiltrators sent in to start the whole thing. Let's wait and see what comes out in the wash.

Last edited by Gorpet; 01-07-21 at 07:05 PM.
Old 01-07-21, 06:57 PM   #12424
bstanko6
Admiral

Downloads: 390
Uploads: 13

Gorpet...

Agreed!

DISCORD
https://discord.gg/6tFeTSUmVc
Old 01-07-21, 07:01 PM   #12425
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Wait, so they were antifa?! Holy crap!.. but wait.. weren't they just protesting? So.. they were antifa, but were not actually doing anything wrong?

Guys, I'm starting to get confused here.
Old 01-07-21, 07:03 PM   #12426
skidman
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorpet View Post
Well if they get bailed out quickly they just might be Antifi Infiltrators sent in to start the whole thing. Let's face it the rat's are better organized than your everyday working Trump supporters.And turning the other cheek has its consequences.
Wow, just wow. The highest possible level of absurdity has just been reached. Spectacular!

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.” (Douglas Adams)
Old 01-07-21, 07:07 PM   #12427
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstanko6 View Post

The people are in charge in this county.

It’s written in the constitution.
Yea but there is a technicality to it. The people elect other people and delegate to them the authority to be in charge. It is an ordered and legal process. Mess with that and you're in banana republic territory.

Quote:
What happened yesterday was a protest. They were taking selfies in the chambers.
Was that before or after the woman was shot?

Quote:
If the people want to take over, trust me it would be a different outcome.
You better hope it doesn't come to that. Everybody should.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is online  
Old 01-07-21, 07:11 PM   #12428
bstanko6
Admiral

Downloads: 390
Uploads: 13

Under the Harris administration... this scene holds so true!

DISCORD
https://discord.gg/6tFeTSUmVc
Old 01-07-21, 07:16 PM   #12429
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post
Wait, so they were antifa?! Holy crap!.. but wait.. weren't they just protesting? So.. they were antifa, but were not actually doing anything wrong?

As am I! And I live in this Country!
Old 01-07-21, 07:56 PM   #12430
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Downloads: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post

I'm wondering if this wasn't the dreaded White ANTIFA or possibly Shape Shifters controlled by the lizard men from the basement of a pizza parlor?

'Cuz that would be really bad.
Old 01-07-21, 07:57 PM   #12431
Wolferz
Navy Seal

Downloads: 52
wolf_howl15 Can"t help but laugh

I still think back to the Vice Presidential debate between VP Pence and now VP elect Kamala Harris.
When Pence tried to bolster his boss' message and ol' Mikee suffered a freudian slip and referred to President Trump as President Dump.
Dump just keeps stepping in his own defecations and wipes his shoes off on Mike Pence' trouser legs.

You guys keep on fighting it out in this thread while I go ponder which federal country club Trump will be playing golf at next.
Cya in four years. If I live that long.

Tomorrow never comes
Old 01-07-21, 08:04 PM   #12432
vienna
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
You don't really believe that Trump or any President can just start pushing buttons on his own do you?

As the President elect likes to say ... Come on man.

Ooh, touchy touchy...

Note I said "buttons" and not "The Button"; you know, there more than one kinds of buttons in the White House, and in the government; when I made that remark, I was thinking more in the context of Trump being like a petulant child or, perhaps, a vindictive lunatic, and allowing someone like that to continue unattenuated in the possibility of malicious misuse of those powers and privileges; Trump still as, for all intents and purposes, a whole, wide, and very concerning, range of things he can heavy-handely screw up, perhaps just to show he can, or just to spite his imagined foes; his judgement, or lack thereof has always been an issue, even in his business life and his idiotic appearance at a rally to exhort his followers on Wednesday morning just prior to the riot is a prime example...

Take, for instance this: several people on this thread have stated or made allusion to the claim that Trump is a 'great president' because he hasn't gotten us into a shooting war, although it is well known that he has made rumblings in meetings with his advisers of initiating military action against North Korea and Iran, and according to one report, even some sort of military activity against China in an attempt to bolster his failed tariff policy; fortunately there were a few level headed adults in the room able to sway Trump from any action that would have disastrous implication for national security; but, now, there is Trump, grousing and pouting in the Oval Office, and he is looking for a quick way to make himself seem powerful and in charge as his pathetic con game comes to an inglorious end; well, history has shown that megalomaniacs in power have often resorted to costly and unnecessary military action to bolster their image; what makes you, or anyone, for that matter, seriously think that a desperate, unstable personality like Trump wouldn't, under any circumstances, if left to his own devises, be capable of doing something as rash as instigate a senseless military action just to salve his own ego, particularly when, at this point, he really has nothing to lose; and if you doubt that it could happen there's this:

Trump Sought Options for Attacking Iran to Stop Its Growing Nuclear Program --

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/16/u...n-nuclear.html

A Very Trumpian Christmas Surprise? Signs Point to a Possible US Attack on Iran --

https://www.thenation.com/article/wo...p-iran-attack/

The only thing that has stopped Trump until now is adult supervision; what happens if a sulking petulant Trump decides to ignore the few smart, rational, people around and decides to go out in a blaze of "presidential glory"..?...

...and its not just the possibility of military action to be concerned about: Trump has shown a proclivity for exercising his powers, even powers he assumes but does not have, a la his mass of Executive Orders, and there is a lot of damage he could do in a couple of weeks to the economy, public safety, governmental stability, etc. There's an awful, awful lot of buttons that could be pushed in two weeks, not just "the Button"...

...admint it; Ya Canucks are secretly hoping the Lower 48 is going to implode just so you can take over and live in better climates without having to wage war...

<O>
Old 01-07-21, 08:06 PM   #12433
Wolferz
Navy Seal

Downloads: 52
wolf_howl15 This just in...

Trump has finally conceded the election.
Changing his tune to the peaceful transition of power to Joe Biden.

Too little too late Donnie boy.
Have fun in prison.

PS:
My condolences to the families of those who lost their lives in the mob action on the capitol.
Though I think those families may be thinking,
"Good riddance to bad rubbish"

Tomorrow never comes

Last edited by Wolferz; 01-07-21 at 08:17 PM.
Old 01-07-21, 08:12 PM   #12434
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

I thought this article was very thought provoking and comprehensive. I don't agree with all of his ideas and conclusions, but it's completely unbiased in that left and right are treated equally harshly. It should make a good read by both sides of the forum although you all might wince once and awhile. I did. Hard to argue with some of his conclusions though. Our foreign commentator contingent will surely get something to feel superior over as well. I look forward to mostly ignoring or mocking their condescending remarks over passages i'm sure they'll find particularly amusing.

Quote:
The Five Crises of the American Regime

The mob assault on the Capitol is simply another entry in the catalog of American decline

byMichael Lind
January 07, 2021

In the last eight months, two Capitol Hills have fallen. Two shocking events symbolize the abdication of authority by America’s ruling class, an abdication that has led to what can be described, not without exaggeration, as the slow-motion disintegration of the United States of America in its present form.The first occurred on June 8, 2020, when the Seattle police evacuated their East Precinct building in the Capitol Hill neighborhood of Seattle, Washington. Left-wing rioters stormed the police headquarters and looted it. For 24 days, Seattle’s government allowed would-be revolutionaries to create an anarchist commune, acting out the fantasy of “abolishing the police” embraced by much of the American left as well as liberals who should have known better. This anarchist commune, created in the midst of nationwide protests against the death on May 25 of a Black Minnesotan, George Floyd, in police custody, was the scene of the fatal shootings of two Black men before the police finally shut it down on July 1.

On January 6, 2021, America’s elite abandoned another Capitol Hill to rioters. After President Donald Trump stirred them up in an incendiary address in which he claimed that Joe Biden had stolen the presidency from him, a mob of right-wing radicals broke into the United States Capitol, where the certification of the results of last November’s election results was taking place. Like the leaders of Seattle in June, America’s congressional leaders abandoned their posts and fled. In the ensuring chaos, the Trumpist rioters, mostly men wearing MAGA hats or more exotic outfits, posed for selfies in the well of the House chamber or in the legislative offices they broke into. Shots were fired, fatally killing a woman. Three others died as a result of “medical emergencies.” As in Seattle’s Capitol Hill, so in America’s: The forces of legitimate authority and coercive order for a period were nowhere to be seen.

What is the meaning of these dystopian scenes? Many Democrats claim that Republicans are destroying the republic. Many Republicans claim the reverse. They are both correct.
The leaders of both parties have weaponized anarchic mobs against their rivals—the Democrats, by tacitly encouraging and bailing out foundation-funded NGO staffers with secret identities and superhero-style Antifa outfits during the tolerated anti-Trump riots of Summer 2020, and now the squalid, defeated demagogue Donald Trump, unleashing his own costumed followers on the U.S. Capitol itself. As a rule, comparisons between the United States and Weimar Germany or late republican Rome are misleading, but when rival elite political factions tolerate or encourage mob violence in the streets, the comparisons might be forgiven.
https://www.tabletmag.com/sections/n...apitol-assault
Old 01-07-21, 08:29 PM   #12435
vienna
Navy Seal

<O>

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter