Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-20, 04:18 PM   #10906
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Amy Coney Barrett, a weasel dancing on tiptoes. She should be persecuted for disregard for the committee.

Another illustration for how kaputt the whole smoldering system is.
Old 10-18-20, 04:21 PM   #10907
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Yep, pretty disgusting.
Ya think so? Here's another one for you.

The person on the right is Sen. Mazie Hirono, D-Hawaii. She has a law degree. Note the binder of highlighted notes. The picture on the left is Barrett's response to Sen. John Cornyn, R-Texas when he asked her what was on the single piece of paper in front of her. She answered every single question by every Senator without referencing any notes. It was a stunning display of knowledge about constitutional law. It was no contest.

Oh and by the way one of Hirono's questions was ... wait for it ... 'Since you became a legal adult, have you ever made unwanted requests for sexual favors, or committed any physical or verbal harassment or assault of a sexual nature?'

Now that is disgusting.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is online  
Old 10-18-20, 04:55 PM   #10908
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Amy Coney Barrett, a weasel dancing on tiptoes. She should be persecuted for disregard for the committee.

Another illustration for how kaputt the whole smoldering system is.

No, it's just another illustration of how ridiculously biased you are.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
Old 10-19-20, 02:25 AM   #10909
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
Ya think so? Here's another one for you. [...]
No, your picture in your first post is disgusting, not necessarilay Mrs Barrett.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 10-19-20, 02:28 AM   #10910
Catfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
The Liberal Champion is a crook and should be in jail. [...] https://www.foxnews.com/politics/hun...ource-verifies
"AP FACT CHECK: Trump’s falsehoods on virus, taxes and Bidens"

"TRUMP on Joe Biden and Ukraine: “I never had a quid pro quo. How about this quid pro quo? ‘We’re not going to give you the billion dollars unless you get rid of the prosecutor ... Stop investigating my son.’ And then he goes, boom, the prosecutor was fired and they got the billion dollars.” — rally Saturday in Muskegon, Michigan.

THE FACTS: Trump is repeating a false claim alleging that Biden as vice president pressed to have a prosecutor fired while the prosecutor was investigating Burisma, the energy company in Ukraine where Biden’s son Hunter sat on the board of directors. In fact, by the time Biden came out against the prosecutor, the investigation into the company was dormant.

Biden, among other international officials, was pressing for a more aggressive investigation of corruption in Ukraine, not a softer one.

Trump’s team often cites a video of Joe Biden from 2018. Speaking on a public panel, Biden recounted threatening to withhold a loan guarantee from Ukraine’s government unless it fired the prosecutor, who was widely considered ineffective if not corrupt himself.

What Trump doesn’t say is that in February 2016, a few months after Biden threatened to hold back a $1 billion loan guarantee, the International Monetary Fund threatened to delay $40 billion in aid unless Ukraine took action to fight corruption.

An investigation into Burisma’s owner for money laundering, tax evasion and other alleged misdeeds began in 2012 and pertained to the years before Hunter Biden joined the board."

https://apnews.com/article/election-...552424f3f54b20

Old 10-19-20, 04:31 AM   #10911
u crank

Quote:
No, your picture in your first post is disgusting, not necessarilay Mrs Barrett.
Well your going to have to explain why. It was suppose to be a funny jab at Skybird. Why are you offended?

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is online  
Old 10-19-20, 07:19 AM   #10912
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post
Biden wasn't a government official in 2017, so no that law doesn't apply here.
Allegations date back to when Joe Biden was VP, so it does apply (assuming said allegations are accurate).
Old 10-19-20, 07:27 AM   #10913
u crank

Quote:
"AP FACT CHECK: Trump’s falsehoods on virus, taxes and Bidens"
Well that is all very interesting stuff.

But let's ask a question. Why is Joe Biden and the Biden/Harris campaign not talking about the fact that their opponent was impeached less than a year ago? Impeached for a supposedly improper phone call that had something to do with Joe and Hunter Biden. One would think that this would be a prime talking point in the campaign. One would think they would talk about how corrupt Trump was in making that phone call. Strange.

Maybe they forgot about it.

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is online  
Old 10-19-20, 07:50 AM   #10914
Catfish

Because reasonable people already know it?
Because they know nothing will convince a Trump cult follower that their shining example ever did wrong?
Maybe they do want not throw around the same amount of dirt as the Donald, and appear more statesmanlike?

Old 10-19-20, 09:05 AM   #10915
u crank

Quote:
Because reasonable people already know it?
Know what? That Joe and Hunter Biden were acting in a corrupt manner? If that is the case then why isn't it a major news story? The reasonable people who support Biden do not want to know all the facts but it may be to late for that.

Quote:
Because they know nothing will convince a Trump cult follower that their shining example ever did wrong?
I think that Buddahaid had a very good point in post #10891.

Quote:
I don't want either extreme but politics has become binary in the US. Your a zero or a one, white hat or black hat (you choose your color), right or wrong, etc. The system still apparently works because no one is getting it all their way a bleating the sins of the others. Rubbish wins in the end.
So what about you? Do you hold a binary position or can you see both sides?

Hey I'll go first.

I think that Donald Trump is ill suited to be the President. His personality, his poor grasp of the facts and his past make it so. The Trump drama can't end soon enough.

Joe Biden is a corrupt politician. He is a liar, a plagarist, and his political accomplishments are pitiful at best. He is also displaying signs of senility. I don't want Joe Biden to be President.

Your turn.

― Arthur C. Clarke

Last edited by u crank; 10-19-20 at 09:43 AM. Reason: Grammar.
u crank is online  
Old 10-19-20, 09:49 AM   #10916
Catfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
Know what? That Joe and Hunter Biden were acting in a corrupt manner? If that is the case then why isn't it a major news story? The reasonable people who support Biden do not want to know all the facts but it may be to late for that.
I suppose this is just one more of Trump's fog bombs. He is just repeating the same lame old accusations the Fox viewers already "know" by heart, now (together with this Bannon fellow) trying to throw mud at Biden since neither Clinton nor Obama are his direct competitors.
I think Trump is becoming a victim of his own filter bubble, Fox et al gladly echo anything he says or wants them to say, but it is not important, nor true, nor do much people believe his accusations anymore. It is clar that he only tries to divert from his own wrongdoings, and how he managed the corona crisis.

I am not for Trump, not because he is "republican" (he even is not in my book, he could and would run for any party), but because he is unelectable as a person.

Biden:
I do not think he is more corrupt than Trump, just because Bannon says so. Try to accuse him, i guess this will peter out like trying to impeach Trump.
He is too old, he is probably becoming senile, but he will never do as much harm as Trump.
And he will probably give the reigns over to Pence soon, after he has been elected. He does have the stature for this. Trump has not.

Old 10-19-20, 10:08 AM   #10917
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

An airliner whose two pilots suddenly become unconscious, will not immediately crash. It will not react to anything but else it will fly on nicely and steadily.

Until it runs out of fuel.

Thats my view of the US as it is and will be in the coming years. Autopilot is engaged, but nobody knows how much fuel still is left in the tanks. The cabin crews yell and run, but the door to the cockpit is locked.

On the ground meanwhile, some masked Russians run away and under their coats hide the drill machines they just have used before the plane took off.
Old 10-19-20, 11:58 AM   #10918
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

This is a Biden question post.

1. If Mr. Biden and Son have done something wrong, either morally or legally, then it must be up to the voters to judge him and the law if he has broken some federal laws.

2. Biden is a Democrat, but how much Dem are he ? Will the politics he's going to use be the same as Obama used and Clinton ?

Markus
mapuc is online  
Old 10-19-20, 12:07 PM   #10919
u crank

Quote:
I suppose this is just one more of Trump's fog bombs. He is just repeating the same lame old accusations the Fox viewers already "know" by heart, now (together with this Bannon fellow) trying to throw mud at Biden since neither Clinton nor Obama are his direct competitors.
I think Trump is becoming a victim of his own filter bubble, Fox et al gladly echo anything he says or wants them to say, but it is not important, nor true, nor do much people believe his accusations anymore. It is clar that he only tries to divert from his own wrongdoings, and how he managed the corona crisis.
So you are absolutely certain that all of this is just a 'Trump fog bomb'? What if it is true? So far Joe Biden is keeping strangely silent on the whole affair.

Some inconvenient facts.

By September 2019 the FBI had a forensic copy of the laptop. This should have been at least mentioned at Trump's impeachment hearings. Instead silence. If this evidence was in anyway damaging to Trump (as Russian disinformation) it would have been leaked to the MSM and for certain to Adam Schiff.

The current treatment of the story says a lot without saying anything. There has been an almost complete media blackout of the actual story. The 'Russian disinformation' angle is all they will report on. Twitter has shamefully repressed this story as well. They know it is not a good look for Joe and they are scared.

Finally there is candidate Biden's reaction. A bit of a denial but no actual attempt to disprove it.

Is it true? I don't know because I am not Hunter Biden. If it is true it's a pretty big scandal.

Kinda funny to. Those darn pesky laptops. Anthony Weiner meet the new boss .. Hunter Biden.

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is online  
Old 10-19-20, 01:53 PM   #10920
Catfish

Yes i am almost sure that it is a Trump fog bomb again (among how many? I lost count).

Trump's strategy at work, and it is exactly working how it should, make the wildest accusations and wait for the reaction of the people like "What if it is true? So far Joe Biden is keeping strangely silent on the whole affair." as you did. Smoke and mirrors, throw dirt all around you to divert from your failure.

But the denouncer has to prove the wrongdoing. A reasonable man will not answer to such accusations. Don't let yourself be drawn down to Trump level.

Closed Thread

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter