QR code passes in Moscow.
Old 03-31-20, 07:13 AM   #2132
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Thats the way to go. Ignoring quarantine orders should be treated as "negligent slaughter". Personal freedom ends where it claims the right to seirously harm others, even bringing them to death or lasting health deficits for the rest of their lives.

Some local jurisdictions are beginning to get serious about the idiot scofflaws:

NJ Couple Charged With Child Endangerment for Party During Pandemic --

https://www.thedailybeast.com/nj-cou...uring-pandemic

Florida Pastor Arrested for Defying Social Distancing Ordinance --

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020...cing-rule.html

Then, there is the justice of kharma:

11 Liberty University students report COVID-19 signs after return to campus --

https://theweek.com/5things/905554/n...turning-campus

Liberty University student tests positive for Covid-19 after Falwell reopens campus --

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...rry-falwell-jr

One can almost hear the personal injury lawyers salivating over the chance to file suits on behalf of those students; the main hope is none of the students will have to pay an ultimate price for the idiocy of Falwell...

<O>
Old 03-31-20, 07:28 AM   #2133
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikalugin View Post
Remember patient 31 from ROK?
One of the stupids.

Here's a case that happened here. A family of four arrived at Charlottetown airport from a Caribbean holiday. This was just before all eating establishments here were closed but warnings were being given at the airport about self isolation. These idiots went directly from the airport to a popular eating spot. They began talking about their trip and patrons sitting near them began to move to other tables. Finally all the other people literally shamed them out of the restaurant.

Stupidity. Ingnorance. Recklessness. It doesn't really matter. For sure the virus does't care.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

Last edited by u crank; 03-31-20 at 07:39 AM. Reason: Added to post.
u crank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-20, 07:40 AM   #2134
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Wonder how long it takes until Fauci gets fired.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-20, 07:43 AM   #2135
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
'Virus-fighting' scientist gets magnets stuck in nose

An Australian astrophysicist who hoped to create a device to help stop people catching the coronavirus has ended up in hospital - after getting magnets stuck up his nose.

Dr Daniel Reardon came up with a plan to create a necklace which would react if your hands were near your face.

Unfortunately, the device did not work quite as planned.

"My invention had the opposite effect – it buzzed continuously until a magnet was put close."
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-52094804
Good to be able to post something funny about this serious situation we are all facing.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-20, 07:46 AM   #2136
ikalugin
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 8

Russia is just late to the party.

Old 03-31-20, 08:03 AM   #2137
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

I'm not sure I believe anything Russia puts out is much more truthful than that of China but that's just me I guess.

Old 03-31-20, 08:11 AM   #2138
ikalugin
Ocean Warrior

It would be non trivial to hide thousands of people in ICU and then thousands of people dying. My opinion is simple - through tight border security and low income (and thus low travel) we got some time before it became bad here and now we are catching up.

If anything unlike many of the other countries releasing emergency powers to the executive branch we did not do this to the same extent and we had significant internal criticism of the cases where there was over reach (ie in Moscow) by regional executive authorities.

In fact we even have pushed the vote that will reset the presidential terms further into the future due to the COVID-19.
Old 03-31-20, 08:43 AM   #2139
ikalugin
Ocean Warrior

In the other news. Putin may have been exposed to COVID-19.
Old 03-31-20, 09:02 AM   #2140
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
The sad part of this whole exercise is that the virus will not be spread by responsible citizens. It will be spread by the stupids, those that just don't care or those who are clueless about the severity of it all. Every society has more than enough of these types.
Yep, foolish, selfish and reckless people will cause the suffering of the rest. Imagine you're watching TV, and your wife passes out. You call 911, they are delayed because of covid-19 cases taking time, delayed from timer spent cleaning their vehicle and equipment; you get to the hospital, the waiting room is packed with coughing, sick people; the doctor is delayed because he has 15 covid-19 cases where with the flu he usually has 2. Everything is slowed and delayed, they may not even have a bed. You have to wait for the catscan machine, there are a line of patients getting their lungs examined.

Two years ago that happened to me; I had a surgery, then a week later had a delayed adverse reaction to a blood transfusion. Rushed to the ER, they did not have an open bed, we were told there were an unusually high number of flu cases (normal flu, the kind I don't think I ever contracted), so off to another hospital and same thing, no rooms; and my doctor had to wrangle to get me in. That was during normal non-covid times. Now take a look at the areas that are affected with covid-19 now, it's 10x worse.

Thankfully, most people have enough sense to see where we would be without the lockdowns and emphasis on distancing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna View Post

The scale of deaths is staggering, indeed; the latest US expert estimates are a possible high of 200,000 deaths in the US this year alone; as a bit of perspective, that total would be more than three times the total fatalities of over 58,000 suffered by the US during the entire Vietnam War which lasted over all about 20 years...
I agree with you.

Edit: I meant to add, if we as a society manage to keep the numbers down and this passes, there will be some people who compare it to Y2K, "this was a big nothing".

Last edited by Onkel Neal; 03-31-20 at 09:40 AM.
Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-20, 09:18 AM   #2141
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5

Quote:
One can almost hear the personal injury lawyers salivating over the chance to file suits on behalf of those students; the main hope is none of the students will have to pay an ultimate price for the idiocy of Falwell...
Before you condemn Falwell & Liberty University, you should look a little deeper into why the University remained "open", and the precautions taken for the students that did remain. here's a hint, that university has a large contingent of international Students.
MaDef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-20, 10:01 AM   #2142
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 03-31-20, 10:45 AM   #2143
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

When did they start counting? The end of February perhaps

United States March 31st 2020

Confirmed cases of Covid-19

Deaths from Covid-19

So I got to wondering about the 2019 to 2020 normal flu season

https://www.upi.com/Health_News/2020...8851585320945/

Quote:
March 27 (UPI) -- The flu has taken a backseat to COVID-19 in the minds of Americans, particularly as the winter season winds down, but its effects are still being felt, according to a report released Friday.

There was a slight uptick in cases of influenza across the country during the week ending March 21, with an estimated 1 million Americans becoming infected. The added cases bring the total for the 2019-20 flu season to an estimated 39 million, according to the latest FluView report from the U.S.
My God the 2019-2020 flu season has already claimed 39 million people

See why they think this Covid-19 virus could reach 200,000 this year?

Here's a seed thought what if the people with the normal flu type A and B accidently get Covid-19 while they have the flu?

These numbers are not available, but old people in nursing homes get the flu and pneumonia and die from that alone. Now they have Covid-19 to contend with also.

This could be why so many older generation people are dying for it has been reported that 47% of the people dying from Covid-19 are in the age group of 18 to 47

Whoops left out this part of the regular season Flu A & B

Quote:
The agency estimates that 400,000 Americans have required hospitalization for the flu -- up 10,000 from the prior week -- and 24,000 have died, including 155 children
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Last edited by Mr Quatro; 03-31-20 at 10:58 AM.
Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-20, 11:15 AM   #2144
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 130

Checking on filing unemployment now.
No way I'm going to Pontiac Michigan to work!
Old 03-31-20, 11:18 AM   #2145
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post

My God the 2019-2020 flu season has already claimed 39 million people

[/B]
"Claimed" usually means "killed".

In this case, there have been 39 million reported cases, not fatalities.

Quote:
There was a slight uptick in cases of influenza across the country during the week ending March 21, with an estimated 1 million Americans becoming infected. The added cases bring the total for the 2019-20 flu season to an estimated 39 million, according to the latest FluView report from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

The agency estimates that 400,000 Americans have required hospitalization for the flu -- up 10,000 from the prior week -- and 24,000 have died, including 155 children, which is a high since the H1N1 flu pandemic in 2009.
Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan