SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-28-11, 03:46 PM   #61
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
Nice , Floating harbor markers with lights ?
very doable
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-11, 04:08 PM   #62
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 833
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
why don't both of you get in contact with Magnum. I will assist if you all need help. The easist way I see to add all this is to make new layers in the Common part of the campaign. Each person (or group) can be assigned a layer to add the items (mines, subnets, icebergs, etc.). By making them in the common part of the campaign they will be available to ALL campaigns. No reason to do the work more than once

EDIT:

going to work on the damage inflicted by the mines. Still not satisfied with it. The changes I make will have no impact to campaign or single mission mines placed in them. I'm just changing the symantics of it.

EDIT2:

The only thing to realize is that the mines add 2 new entries in the zones.cfg file. We'll need to make a standardized zones.cfg file that includes all changes made by all modders (mainly acrlight and I are the only ones who have messed with that file)
I wrotted to Magnum. i am waiting his answer.
stoianm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-11, 02:12 AM   #63
u47
Swabbie

Downloads: 289
Uploads: 0
problemes mines missions editing

hello and thank you for your wonderful work I would insert the mines and nets antisousmaryns in a multiplayer mission that I am trying to edit but do not appear in my mission to show them how to thank you
u47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-11, 08:33 AM   #64
oscar19681
Admiral

Downloads: 119

Good work TDW. I feel that sh-5 is a puzzle that is slowly being put together by the mod community. Skies the limit it seems.

Jim Morrison 1943-1971
oscar19681 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-11, 08:50 AM   #65
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscar19681 View Post
I feel that sh-5 is a puzzle that is slowly being put together by the mod community
That's all any piece of software is until you take it apart and figure out how it works (or doesn't work) and how you can manipulate it
Old 04-08-11, 04:27 PM   #66
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

from my work on importing SH3/4 units into SH5 I have figured out how the game determines the damage/col model. From this knowledge the mines are now able to be destroyed from gun fire (or from torpedoes or bombs or anything that explodes on contact) They can be destroyed by shooting them with the deck gun or flak gun or torpedoes

Last edited by TheDarkWraith; 04-08-11 at 04:46 PM.
Old 04-08-11, 04:47 PM   #67
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Zedi has requested that I make underwater mines which I will gladly oblige (probably set depth to 10-15m) Life is going to get very very hard in the campaigns now with these and subnets
Old 04-08-11, 08:09 PM   #68
7thSeal
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 199

Quote:
Life is going to get very very hard in the campaigns now with these and subnets
Crap, this with your AI mod will cause havoc....
7thSeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-11, 11:13 PM   #69
ETsd4
中国水兵

Downloads: 91

Quote:
They can be destroyed by shooting them with the deck gun or flak gun...
Good news.

Maybe that someone could add also a good little realistic training mission, something like "28.08.1939, familiarization with mines&subnets":

Point of departure: harbour Kiel
Targetarea: Eckernförde-uboat-testarea (ca. 30 km NW of Kiel harbour)

Task:Eleminate one sea-mine etc.
Infomaps: detailed chart of the location of the seamine and subnet.
Expected threats: ...
Expected friendly KM-ships: ...
etc.

Last edited by ETsd4; 04-09-11 at 12:34 AM.
ETsd4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-11, 04:05 AM   #70
Zedi
Sea Lord

Downloads: 184
Uploads: 2

Does any1 have/know a map with the naval mines used in WW2. I know about the areas mined in North Sea, but where else?

If the mines can be destroyed by guns, then a player can clear the mines in 1 campaign if he knows where they are.
In this case.. maybe TDW can add mines to planes in IRAI and make things be more realistic and painful. This way, the campaign will be really dynamic, you will never be sure about the mines and the minefields will be filled all the times. The only problem is that dunno how can the planes be controlled, so they will not drop mines every day and over filling the waters with mines.

EDIT: I think I know a way. If TDW can make a plane carry and drop mines, soon as a mine will be destroyed, a plane will come and drop another. So, TDW cand you add mines to planes? Damn, this will be really evil if is doable.
Zedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-11, 04:25 AM   #71
ddrgn
Korvettenkapitän

Downloads: 362
Uploads: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedi View Post
Does any1 have/know a map with the naval mines used in WW2. I know about the areas mined in North Sea, but where else?

If the mines can be destroyed by guns, then a player can clear the mines in 1 campaign if he knows where they are.
In this case.. maybe TDW can add mines to planes in IRAI and make things be more realistic and painful. This way, the campaign will be really dynamic, you will never be sure about the mines and the minefields will be filled all the times. The only problem is that dunno how can the planes be controlled, so they will not drop mines every day and over filling the waters with mines.

EDIT: I think I know a way. If TDW can make a plane carry and drop mines, soon as a mine will be destroyed, a plane will come and drop another. So, TDW cand you add mines to planes? Damn, this will be really evil if is doable.
Hmmm why not just put mines and nets around major harbors for starters?
ddrgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-11, 04:28 AM   #72
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Quote:

And you said that you not agree the killing part of the game... i think you are to other side ... you want very hard that our uboats to be distroyed with anny price...
Old 04-09-11, 04:58 AM   #73
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

Hi Zedi,

Are you placing mines and nets in axis harbours or just around the UK

Scapa Flow

Old 04-09-11, 04:59 AM   #74
ddrgn
Korvettenkapitän

Downloads: 362
Uploads: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevally. View Post
Hi Zedi,

Are you placing mines and nets in axis harbours or just around the UK

Scapa Flow

Can we not look at where SH3 placed the mines?
ddrgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-11, 05:13 AM   #75
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Quote:

@Zedi,

pls do not put mines around our harbors... i want to use the pilot harbor mod in the future and i do not want to end up each time in the mine field