Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-19, 04:34 AM   #10816
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Well then he can set up a new conservative party with all that dosh.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 09-03-19, 04:43 AM   #10817
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Actually despite the opinions of a growing number of the public and dare I say yourself included, some, not a great many but some politicians are genuine people who are in politics because they believe in what they do for the good of the electorate.

Over the years I have met quite few and they are like a breath of fresh air, often cleansing me of pent up cynicism.

Sadly, there are a great many who are the exact opposite but when you meet them you soon suss them out and learn not to take any notice of their rantings.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 09-03-19, 08:52 AM   #10818
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
The PM faces a showdown in Parliament later as MPs aim to take control of the agenda to stop a no-deal Brexit.

Ex-chancellor and Tory rebel Philip Hammond said he thought there was enough support for the bill, seeking to delay the UK's exit date, to pass.

No 10 officials warned the prime minister would push for an election on 14 October if the government lost.

Boris Johnson said he did not want an election, but progress with the EU would be "impossible" if MPs won.

Last-ditch efforts to get the Tory rebels on side have been taking place, but BBC political editor Laura Kuenssberg said the meeting between the prime minister and the group went "less than swimmingly" and was "less than cordial".

There are thought to be about 15 confirmed Tory rebels - set against the government's working majority of just one.

The government had hoped the threat of an election - and of deselection and expulsion from the party - would be enough to bring rebels into line.

To call an election under the Fixed-term Parliaments Act, Mr Johnson would need support from Labour as he requires the backing of two-thirds of the UK's 650 MPs to trigger a poll.

But BBC assistant political editor Norman Smith said the momentum inside Labour was increasingly against giving Mr Johnson support for a snap election.

"Why? Because they don't trust him not to change the date of the election to after 31 October, after we have left the EU without a deal,"
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49560557
This really quite a conundrum but matters should look a little clearer after tonights vote which is scheduled to commence at 9pm.

Old 09-03-19, 09:48 AM   #10819
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

BREAKING NEWS: Tory MP Phillip Lee defects to Lib Dems, leaving UK government with no working majority in Commons.

Old 09-03-19, 10:52 AM   #10820
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

Please enlighten me.

Was the several voting option to those who wanted to leave EU ?

I already know the answer...

So why are the politicians in the English Parliament, many of them, mocking the English voters - Those who voted - Leave EU.

Markus
mapuc is online  
Old 09-03-19, 11:14 AM   #10821
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

^ one point being they realized they have been lied to by the brexiters; another they probably try to prevent problems and hardship for their people.
For Boris Johnson it is all a game, he'll be well off whatever happens. I guess it never dawned on him what he did.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.

Last edited by Catfish; 09-03-19 at 12:24 PM.
Old 09-03-19, 11:16 AM   #10822
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

It would appear the defector, Phillip Lee has not voted with the whip for some time, so the mathematics haven't changed.

I'm still of the opinion we will remain in the EU.

Old 09-03-19, 03:50 PM   #10823
STEED
Lucky Jack

What's all the hoo-ha, so one Tory turns yellow big deal. Wake me up when another four or five walk so I can roll over and go back to sleep.

WE ARE NOT LEAVING THE EU LIVE WITH IT.

We won the vote and lost the outcome, time to move on a prepare for the day the EU falls and on that day we will be ready.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 09-03-19, 04:13 PM   #10824
STEED
Lucky Jack

Bojo lost the vote and is now crying like a big baby and general election here we come may be. I am off to bed good night.

Old 09-03-19, 04:18 PM   #10825
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0

Won't it make things easier for you if we buy Ireland off of you? I think it would make an awesome theme park.
Old 09-03-19, 05:49 PM   #10826
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEED View Post
Bojo lost the vote and is now crying like a big baby and general election here we come may be. I am off to bed good night.

Good Morning STEED

You have slept for a very long time. A lot have happened since last time your read or watch the news.

To make it short-Great Britain is now under EU's Control.

Steptoe won this extra election which was held on Oct. 12. Even thou there was chaos in the English Parliament. They just couldn't agree on anything regarding Brexit and the deal or no deal.
Steptoe did what he thought was necessary - handing over the key to Downing Street 10 to the leader of EU.

Markus
mapuc is online  
Old 09-04-19, 05:09 AM   #10827
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by em2nought View Post
Won't it make things easier for you if we buy Ireland off of you? I think it would make an awesome theme park.

Old 09-04-19, 05:25 AM   #10828
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Round one is defeated by 27 votes, 21 of which were by Tory defectors who now find themselves banned from the party and unable to stand at the next general election under the Tory banner.

WHAT AN ABSOLUTE MESS.

The PM is to call for a general election if he is forced to request an extension to the 31 October deadline.

MPs will now vote on the Brexit delay bill. If it passes, the vote on whether to hold an election will follow.

But unless two thirds of MPs back the move for an election it cannot be called - which looks unlikely, given Labour's opposition.

What I find totally crazy about this situation is that Steptoe, the biggest EU sceptic in Parliament is now leading the fight against a Brexit which must surely make him the biggest hypocrite in modern British politics.

Old 09-04-19, 05:38 AM   #10829
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Good Morning STEED

You have slept for a very long time. A lot have happened since last time your read or watch the news.

To make it short-Great Britain is now under EU's Control.

Steptoe won this extra election which was held on Oct. 12. Even thou there was chaos in the English Parliament. They just couldn't agree on anything regarding Brexit and the deal or no deal.
Steptoe did what he thought was necessary - handing over the key to Downing Street 10 to the leader of EU.

Markus
Sod it, he could not get that right. I was hoping Lary the cat got the job.

Old 09-04-19, 05:44 AM   #10830
STEED
Lucky Jack

So Psycho Dominick you're foul mouth goon achieved nothing but you are safe as Bojo is thick as two short planks as he can not see you for what you are. The puppet master gets to be rude and vulgar and pull Bojo's strings for another day.

Closed Thread

Tags
british, politics