SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-08-21, 01:56 PM   #1261
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

No scandal, no spectacle, no provocation, no offending, no character assassination. Biden is so boring! Cant we get back some screaming nuts man from the mental asylum's dungeons again? I am gaining weight since I no longer spit my dinner on the TV screen.
Old 06-08-21, 02:18 PM   #1262
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 247

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
He's right Biden has barely been in the Oval Office for 6 Month.

I should have waited another 18 month before asking.

I don't think you can judge a politician on a so short a term.

Markus
Why not? The press and leftists certainly judged Trump even before he took office, and, in Biden's case, we have decades of his past performance to go by.
3catcircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-21, 02:23 PM   #1263
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3catcircus View Post
Why not? The press and leftists certainly judged Trump even before he took office, and, in Biden's case, we have decades of his past performance to go by.
How could I forget ...Well then judge Biden, If leftists and the press could do so against Trump-Then go ahead and do the same to Biden.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-21, 06:51 PM   #1264
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171

^ +1 to that!!

Sub captains go down with their ship!
Reece is online   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-21, 08:13 PM   #1265
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
No scandal, no spectacle, no provocation, no offending, no character assassination. Biden is so boring! Cant we get back some screaming nuts man from the mental asylum's dungeons again? I am gaining weight since I no longer spit my dinner on the TV screen.
Hmmm, I thought the Repulicans were going to bring him down over the Ukraine.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-21, 07:02 AM   #1266
FireDragon76
Bosun

Downloads: 111

Quote:

Markus

A president's main job in our style of republic is to be a head of state, a figurehead that represents the nation. In that sense I think Biden has already proven himself better than Trump. Biden also has a relatively warm and congenial personality which is important in such a role.

That Biden chooses to be careful in his speech is a good thing. Right now America needs to tone down divisive rhetoric. Our country has literally been bleeding in the streets and we had one narcisistic man pouring gas on the fire constantly by assigning blame to one segment of society, instead of causing people to reflect on the "better angels of their natures".
FireDragon76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-21, 07:20 AM   #1267
FireDragon76
Bosun

Quote:
Poll: 15-20% of Americans believe in core QAnon conspiracy theories

https://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs...iracy-theories

Harsh accusation I must say. NO I don't believe a word of it.

What scares me, is the number 15-20 % 1 out of 5 Americans.

Markus

It's entirely believable, unfortunately. The Religious Right in my country primed people to believe this. The standard Dispensationalist view of the Bible, popular in US Fundamentalist circles, is not far from this sort of logic.

After the end of the Cold War, a certain segment of the US started turning away from a science-based worldview. Even if you don't like them, the Soviets had a way of keeping America grounded in something like reality.
Old 06-09-21, 09:27 AM   #1268
Texas Red
Fastest Gun Around

Downloads: 527
Uploads: 5

Quote:

Markus
Yeah I agree 100%. It's like saying a baseball team sucks even though its the first half of the first inning, it's too early to judge them. Who knows? Maybe Biden will pull the US out of it's slump and return it to greatness or maybe he is really loosing his mind and Kamala Harris will have to take over.

I'm not very active on the forums anymore. If you have a question, please DM me and I'll respond ASAP!
Texas Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-21, 10:05 AM   #1269
FireDragon76
Bosun

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Whacko View Post
Yeah I agree 100%. It's like saying a baseball team sucks even though its the first half of the first inning, it's too early to judge them. Who knows? Maybe Biden will pull the US out of it's slump and return it to greatness or maybe he is really loosing his mind and Kamala Harris will have to take over.

The presidents powers are limited in our system of government, even if the US public consistently blames presidents for the state of the economy. Economic policy is really controlled by Congress. The president only has limited veto power.

The more crucial role for the president is as a diplomat and representative of the country, both to itself and to foreign nations.
Old 06-09-21, 11:27 AM   #1270
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireDragon76 View Post
A president's main job in our style of republic is to be a head of state, a figurehead that represents the nation. In that sense I think Biden has already proven himself better than Trump. Biden also has a relatively warm and congenial personality which is important in such a role.

That Biden chooses to be careful in his speech is a good thing. Right now America needs to tone down divisive rhetoric. Our country has literally been bleeding in the streets and we had one narcisistic man pouring gas on the fire constantly by assigning blame to one segment of society, instead of causing people to reflect on the "better angels of their natures".
You're confusing being careful with his speech with his being hidden away by wranglers to minimize the public seeing his dementia-riddled brain on full display. They're terrified of revealing his incapacity and there are former campaign workers who've attested to having picked up Alzheimer's medication under fake names while other staffers debated which adult diapers he should wear.

Most days, they call a lid on him before noon - it's well-documented that dementia sufferers are close to lucid in the mornings and their faculties decline as the day progresses. We have someone in the presidency who should instead have been committed to a long-term care facility. It was evident by his activities during the campaign and it is evident now.

I'll take a president who sends out mean tweets, while getting four peace deals between Israel and other countries done, gets Kim Jong Un to even come to a negotiating table, terrifies China's economy, and maintains low gas prices every day of the week. Instead we have a dementia sufferer in charge and an incompetent who slept her way to the top as his second in command. They can talk in pleasantries all they like, and all it does is embolden our enemies.
Old 06-09-21, 11:32 AM   #1271
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Whacko View Post
That would be fine if it weren't for the fact that Biden's been in federal government for ***DECADES***. It's the bottom of the eleventy-seventh inning for him. Anyone who has actually paid attention to action rather than talk knows he is a piece of trash from the early days in Congress.
Old 06-09-21, 11:42 AM   #1272
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

I take it your not a fan then?

He's on his way to Europe now and if he can get any one the mainland to stump up their commitment to military spending then he'll be fine by me.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-21, 11:50 AM   #1273
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-21, 11:54 AM   #1274
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
I take it your not a fan then?

He's on his way to Europe now and if he can get any one the mainland to stump up their commitment to military spending then he'll be fine by me.
Getting European pols to say they'll increase spending isn't the same as actually holding them to it - especially when many of them have never spent a sizeable amount on their own defense and instead spend unsustainable amounts on an increasing population of economic refugees.

I'm all for every government taking care of their own citizens' needs before a single penny is sent to any other country. I'm also a proponent of every country having open borders when it comes to emigrants while retaining sovereign control of borders when dealing with immigrants. The lack of border security that results in African and Middle Eastern refugees bypassing "less desirable" European Union states for ones with higher benefits significantly impacts their ability to spend GDP on there own defense needs when illegal aliens or economic refugees swarm in unobstructed and instantly demand aid. This is the same concern as when illegal aliens enter the US or Australia or Canada and apply for benefits, it just has a bigger impact on the smaller European economies.
Old 06-09-21, 12:08 PM   #1275
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3catcircus View Post
That would be fine if it weren't for the fact that Biden's been in federal government for ***DECADES***. It's the bottom of the eleventy-seventh inning for him. Anyone who has actually paid attention to action rather than talk knows he is a piece of trash from the early days in Congress.
Can you compare a simple Senator with a President ?

I thought there was some differences.

What has Biden done for USA throughout his political career compared to Trump's not so many years as politicians ?

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote