SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-20-21, 01:34 PM   #1171
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 0

Small world, but I once saw an E-4 (747 doomsday plane) flying low near my town then head north towards Des Moines.

That was during the Baltimore riots and I'm guessing the secret service convinced Pres. Obama that "Right Now!" would be a good time to get out of town and Barry chose Chicago.
The E4 can also be used as a comms hub and they don't send them to the same city, but one that's somewhat close to AF1.

They don't do scramble exercises with the E4's, there aren't enough of them to start with and they have ground based trainers at Offutt for that stuff. I wonder if its the same with the RC-135s?

BTW, its was defiantly an RC-135. 707 wings, the big, upgraded engines, pointy black nose, silver underbody, white tail with the OF tail code and an American flag. Too bad I couldn't see its roof and the antennas.
ET2SN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-21, 01:53 PM   #1172
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
If Trump didn't incite the capital violence then neither did she with her recent comments.
If you say so. But I saw & heard her say what she did.
MaDef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-21, 04:24 PM   #1173
Texas Red
Fastest Gun Around

Downloads: 527
Uploads: 5

Quote:
If Trump didn't incite the capital violence then neither did she with her recent comments.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDef View Post
If you say so. But I saw & heard her say what she did.
Did you also listen to what Trump said and did during the riots and while the capitol was under attack? He said nothing for a good four hours, which I would say points to the fact that he wanted the attack to happen and wasn't willing to intervene. Even though Trump didn't say much until a little while later, his actions spoke what he wanted to say. And when he did speak, he said certain phrases that made some people think that he was on the side of the rioters during this siege against our nation.

I can agree that I know what she did was inciting violence, but if you look at what Trump did during our time of crisis and if you looked at the Democrat's argument in his impeachment trial most people would come to the conclusion that he did incite the violence.

I'm not very active on the forums anymore. If you have a question, please DM me and I'll respond ASAP!
Texas Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-21, 07:10 AM   #1174
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Whacko View Post
Did you also listen to what Trump said and did during the riots and while the capitol was under attack? He said nothing for a good four hours, which I would say points to the fact that he wanted the attack to happen and wasn't willing to intervene. Even though Trump didn't say much until a little while later, his actions spoke what he wanted to say. And when he did speak, he said certain phrases that made some people think that he was on the side of the rioters during this siege against our nation.

I can agree that I know what she did was inciting violence, but if you look at what Trump did during our time of crisis and if you looked at the Democrat's argument in his impeachment trial most people would come to the conclusion that he did incite the violence.
I did, and Trump never came close to what Maxine Waters said. "You People" need to start assessing these things objectively rather than through whichever political lens you normally look through.
MaDef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-21, 07:34 AM   #1175
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 247

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDef View Post
I did, and Trump never came close to what Maxine Waters said. "You People" need to start assessing these things objectively rather than through whichever political lens you normally look through.
That there is the challenge... The majority of the populace are poorly-educated, lack critical thinking skills, have poor impulse control, don't think beyond their next breath, and are easily manipulated by the media to react emotionally to dogwhistles...

It doesn't help that the people being elected to office are power-mad narcissists who themselves can barely fog the glass. Even the lawyers in Congress - if they were really good at the law, they'd be quietly making bank doing it instead of grand standing in front of the media.
3catcircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-21, 09:09 AM   #1176
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Whether Trump did or did not incite the riots at the Capitol is really immaterial. The issue at hand is rhetoric that Trump and Waters is spewing can become(or has become) a problem. Maxine is no different than Trump with the rhetoric.
Old 04-21-21, 01:25 PM   #1177
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk View Post
Whether Trump did or did not incite the riots at the Capitol is really immaterial. The issue at hand is rhetoric that Trump and Waters is spewing can become(or has become) a problem. Maxine is no different than Trump with the rhetoric.
Considering her very long record of inciting violence with her rhetoric, I'd argue she's worse.
Old 04-21-21, 01:26 PM   #1178
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3catcircus View Post
Considering her very long record of inciting violence with her rhetoric, I'd argue she's worse.
I don't know. Trump had a good solid 5 years of rhetoric(counting the campaign trail).
Old 04-21-21, 02:54 PM   #1179
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk View Post
I don't know. Trump had a good solid 5 years of rhetoric(counting the campaign trail).
I think decades beats 5 years, but what do I know...
Old 04-21-21, 03:00 PM   #1180
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
I think decades beats 5 years, but what do I know...
Maxine has only become very vocal as of late. I can assure you the Obama years were quiet ones for Maxine. Now, we can count out her age at 82. Me thinks the gray matter is not what it used to be. Both she and Joe can talk about Pop Corn who is one bad dude and any other crazy jibberish that comes with age.
Old 04-21-21, 07:07 PM   #1181
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
That there is the challenge... The majority of the populace are poorly-educated, lack critical thinking skills, have poor impulse control, don't think beyond their next breath, and are easily manipulated by the media to react emotionally to dogwhistles...
You are mostly describing people who until recently in American history would rarely make the actual effort to go down to the polls and vote on election day. Too much work, too many competing time fillers. But now we've made it so easy to vote this natural stupid voter filter has been eliminated and we are feeling the full effect. I ask again how ever can the Republic survive!

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-21, 07:52 PM   #1182
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
You are mostly describing people who until recently in American history would rarely make the actual effort to go down to the polls and vote on election day. Too much work, too many competing time fillers. But now we've made it so easy to vote this natural stupid voter filter has been eliminated and we are feeling the full effect. I ask again how ever can the Republic survive!
Who says it will survive? They problem is one of appeasement of a mob of miscreants who will *never* be satisfied. History proves appeasement never works.
Old 04-25-21, 01:53 PM   #1183
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

The first 100 days - a (subjective) interim balance.

https://translate.google.com/transla..._13227227.html

Busy days for sure.
Old 04-25-21, 05:39 PM   #1184
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0

There is nothing that Trump said which formed my opinion that the 2020 election was stolen. What formed my opinion that the 2020 election was stolen were things that democrats and the media "did".
Old 04-28-21, 04:18 AM   #1185
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-56903805

^ Well, we'll see. So far, I am neutral on his internal US policies (which must interest me only in so far as they create fallout in Europe and Germany), and shifting towards the critical on his foreign politics. I do not have the impression that Bejing or Moscow take him serious, and his relaunching of supporting the Palestinians and his verbal attacking of Putin while not havign serious means to have deeds following his words and then inviting Putin for a summit, had me scratching my head, so had the returning to support of various UN institutions. I miss consistency and a fundament in his displayed foreign-polticla detemrination, but then, it is 100 days and the big crisis may still catch up with him, then we will see what he is made of.

The one big thing that is the elephant in the room and that does not get mentioned is the unimaginable amount of debts and the systematical devaluation/inflation of currency tokens.

Until here: not the best and not the worst of presidencies. No need to paint in black and white only.