Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-29-24, 11:27 AM   #7606
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
Trump’s lawyers are arguing inconsistent positions in different criminal and appeal courts about Trump’s presidential immunity and first amendment protected free speech.

Trump’s criminal defense lawyer Sadow in Georgia is arguing to dismiss the indictments as protected free speech of "candidate" Trump while Trump's lawyers make the opposite to the US Supreme Court for the presidential immunity appeal hearing.

This will not end well as it can't be both. Trump is either candidate Trump, or President Trump.
Doesn't it depend on what Mr Trump was when he said these things ?-Was he President or was he a candidate ?

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-24, 12:12 PM   #7607
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Downloads: 58

ET2SN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-24, 12:58 PM   #7608
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Doesn't it depend on what Mr Trump was when he said these things ?-Was he President or was he a candidate ?

Markus
https://constitution.congress.gov/co...ion/article-2/

I don't see campaigning listed as a presidential duty in the Constitution because it isn't.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-24, 01:13 PM   #7609
Buddahaid

Here’s John Eastman’s disbarment ruling.
https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...ed-full-ruling

David Bowie
Old 03-29-24, 01:41 PM   #7610
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Biden hosts star-studded NYC fundraiser with Obama and Clinton

Quote:
US President Joe Biden hosted a record-breaking election fundraiser in New York City, alongside his predecessors Barack Obama and Bill Clinton.

His team said the star-studded evening at Radio City Music Hall raised over $26m (£21m) for the campaign - a record for a single political event.

The president has a cash advantage over Republican Donald Trump so he can spend more on advertising in key states.

Polls suggest the race for the White House rests on a knife edge.

Mr Trump attacked the event's guest list as "deranged Hollywood liberals".

His campaign said on Thursday that the cash disparity demonstrated the difference between Democratic reliance on billionaires in contrast to the working-class supporters donating to the former president.

The high stakes of November's election were underlined by the speeches at the Biden event in New York.

Senate Majority Leader and New York Senator Chuck Schumer told the raucous crowd of 5,000 Democrats they must do whatever they could to ensure that the "dishonest, chaotic, ineffective regime of Donald Trump" did not return.

Comedian Mindy Kaling hosted the event and spoke just moments after singer Lizzo finished a rendition of her hit About Damn Time. Other stars such as Queen Latifah and Cynthia Erivo also took the stage.

But the longest standing ovation was saved for the moment when the three presidents - Mr Biden, Mr Obama and Mr Clinton - came out.

Chants of "four more years" echoed throughout the auditorium for Mr Biden.

"Three presidents... and none of them are here [in New York] to go to court," joked comedian Stephen Colbert, alluding to Mr Trump's legal troubles.

The late-night comedy host then moderated a conversation between the three presidents.

Mr Biden began with an oft-repeated slogan, saying democracy was at stake in this election. He said Mr Trump had a "perverse view of the world", noting his opponent's vocal support of those who participated in the 6 January Capitol Riot and his buoying of authoritarian leaders abroad.

"But I'm really hopeful," the president added. "If we get by this election, we can set the course for the next four, five, six decades."

Mr Obama, for his part, touted Biden's legislative victories. He said the president had done everything from reducing the cost of medicine to creating jobs - particularly for African Americans.

He added that Mr Trump, the presumptive Republican nominee, and his supporters seemed "increasingly unconcerned with the essence of America", which he said was centred on the idea of "bridging our differences and moving forward".

Mr Clinton, meanwhile, accused Mr Trump of "stealing a few good years" from the back of Mr Obama's administration and somehow claiming "overnight" successes.

The four men ended their time on stage by putting on aviator sunglasses in an impression of Mr Biden, which earned a standing ovation.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-68685608

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-24, 05:48 AM   #7611
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Trump accused of ‘inciting violence’ after posting image of Biden tied up in a truck

Quote:
Donald Trump has been accused by Democrats of inciting violence against Joe Biden after he posted a video on social media featuring an image of the US President hog-tied in the back of a truck as if he had been kidnapped.

The former president on Friday shared a clip on his Truth Social account that contained an image of Mr Biden painted on the tailgate of a pickup truck.

The US president is depicted bound by his hands and ankles in the bed of the vehicle, which Mr Trump said was spotted in Long Island, New York, on Thursday, where Mr Trump this week attended a memorial service for a recently killed police officer.

The truck is also decorated with a “Trump 2024” sticker and flags claiming support for the police.
Mr Biden’s campaign quickly condemned the video for suggesting harm to the president.

“This image from Donald Trump is the type of crap you post when you’re calling for a bloodbath or when you tell the Proud Boys to ‘stand back and stand by,’” said Michael Tyler, the Biden campaign’s communications director, referring to the Right-wing group involved in the 2021 attack on the Capitol.

He added: “Trump is regularly inciting political violence and it’s time people take him seriously – just ask the Capitol police officers who were attacked protecting our democracy on January 6.”

The Trump campaign responded on Friday, saying the Democrats have encouraged violence against Mr Trump’s family.

“That picture was on the back of a pickup truck that was traveling down the highway,” spokesman Steven Cheung said.

“Democrats and crazed lunatics have not only called for despicable violence against President Trump and his family, they are actually weaponising the justice system against him.”

Mr Cheung cited a comment by Mr Biden in 2018 in which he said, “If we were in high school, I’d take him [Trump] behind the gym and beat the hell out of him.”

The post was still live on Trump’s feed on Saturday morning.

It is not the first time the former president has shared posts that contain violent images featuring his opponents.

Last year, before his indictment in New York over hush money paid on his behalf during his 2016 campaign, Trump posted a photo on social media of himself holding a baseball bat next to a picture of District Attorney Alvin Bragg.

In 2017, Mr Trump shared a doctored video of him hitting a golf ball at Hillary Clinton, who falls down. He shared another similar video featuring Mr Biden last October.

Throughout an increasingly hostile campaign for the White House, Mr Biden’s team has attacked Mr Trump, the presumptive Republican nominee, for language that they say insights violence.

In October, Mr Trump was accused of echoing the rhetoric of Adolf Hitler with regard to immigrants, following an interview in which he claimed that undocumented migrants were “poisoning the blood” of the United States.

The former president has painted an apocalyptic picture of the country if Mr Biden secures a second term and promised “ultimate and absolute revenge” if he returns to the White House.

“If I don’t get elected, it’s going to be a bloodbath for the whole — that’s going to be the least of it. It’s going to be a bloodbath for the country,” he warned at rally in Ohio earlier this month, while talking about the impact of offshoring on the US’s auto industry.

At a recent rally, Mr Trump cast Mr Biden’s handling of the border as “a conspiracy to overthrow the United States of America.”
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world...b3450432&ei=13

Old 03-30-24, 05:56 AM   #7612
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Trump accused of ‘inciting violence’ after posting image of Biden tied up in a truck
I've "liked" that image before. Funny how this image didn't bother them at all.

It will be a financial bloodbath if Biden's latest efforts to kill diesel semi-trucks gets traction. Might be time to learn how to do everything for yourself.
Old 03-30-24, 06:03 AM   #7613
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Yeah, I reckon both are as bad as each other.

Old 03-30-24, 11:25 AM   #7614
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Yeah, I reckon both are as bad as each other.

Well Trump never tried to use the law to knock his opponent out of the race.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-24, 01:21 PM   #7615
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
I reckon times are a changin’ because I always thought it was the likes of Stalin, Mao, Hitler, Putin, Mussolini who did that kind stuff. I think I figured out the Democrat’s 2024 election platform and slogan. Let’s Destroy Democracy to Save It!

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-24, 01:55 PM   #7616
Buddahaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
That belongs in the joke thread.

David Bowie
Old 03-30-24, 11:17 PM   #7617
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
I reckon times are a changin’ because I always thought it was the likes of Stalin, Mao, Hitler, Putin, Mussolini who did that kind stuff. I think I figured out the Democrat’s 2024 election platform and slogan. Let’s Destroy Democracy to Save It!

Sounds about right. I really hope that if Trump wins back the Oval office he'll return the favor.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-24, 11:19 PM   #7618
Gorpet
Still Searching

Downloads: 364

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
Now who poked Gorpet? Fess up!
NATO,..... that is what pokes me.
And this Administration , Look i don't give a chit , The party of government that is now in charge, driving us into a world war, Elect Me, I will have all of them arrested.And we can stop the madness. Look the in 1968 these people were anti war hippies.Look all of them up.Now the same hippies who got into government and have been there for the last 60 some years, Are now in power and have decided they and their families want to rule the planet. Johnny Depp.Has told us .The super rich live on wine and mushrooms.

And, Buddahaid it will require everything from war to virus, Anything for these people who want to be the masters of the Planet. There is nowhere for the people of Earth to go. These Cockroaches know this and that is why, Their virus unleashed on us. Scared them and they had the antidote. So it's war, having a bunker to hide in , in a mountain they think is a way to cleanse the planet and they and their families and those who support them.Will come out from their holes and rule again. Who knows ? They think it's possible so let the dogs of war lose. Look the best brains of the best in the last 75 yrs have, got us right here.On the verge. If you think your going to Mars, Your fuking retarted. Oh damn , I just got reminded shut the hell up. Do you want to have a Drone fly into your house.? Well i don't have gas .I do live close to an airport , Ah what the hell Boeing are falling apart so if an engine hits my house. it is what it is.

Last edited by Gorpet; 03-31-24 at 02:55 AM.
Gorpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-24, 02:13 AM   #7619
Gorpet
Still Searching

Downloads: 364

Quote:
Trump warns of 'bloodbath' if he loses presidential election
Oh Hell the Bloodbath. Damn does that bring back memories of the battles of The British Empire?

Ya know what, You got more to worry about than Donald Trump. You got the Americans and if you don't think your Island is not disposable , Your government turned your country over to our government back in 1943.And just as we gave Japan their Emp. We let you have a K@Q . Its all for show , Your politicians are as courpet as ours.And they belong to us...Damn Jimbo it's Democracy and the new version.Is the same thing as Benito.

Last edited by Gorpet; 03-31-24 at 02:45 AM.
Gorpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-24, 06:07 AM   #7620
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Donald Trump Criticizes Prosecutors and Judges to Provoke His Supporters to 'Attack' Them, Says Michael Cohen

Quote:
Michael Cohen, an ex-lawyer of former President Donald Trump, claimed that the GOP nominee's continuous criticism of those handling his prosecutions is a deliberate strategy to provoke his supporters into attacking them, RadarOnline.com has learned.

Trump, who had previously bombarded New York civil trial Judge Arthur Engoron for months, continued his attacks on Judge Juan Merchan, who is overseeing the former president’s criminal trial in Manhattan, which is set to begin on April 15.

District Attorney Alvin Bragg alleges the ex-president falsified business records to conceal hush money payments to cover up extramarital affairs with adult film star Stormy Daniels.

The 77-year-old former president has pleaded not guilty and has repeatedly attacked Merchan and his daughter, doing so by name on Thursday, March 28.

During a recent interview with MSNBC's Joy Reid, Cohen tried to portray Trump's line of thinking, telling the host, "I have been treated very unfairly by this judge. Now, this judge is of Mexican heritage. I’m building a wall, ok? … The Trump-hating prosecutor in the case, his wife, and family despise me much more than he does. And he decides, I think he’s about a 10. They’re about a 15 on a scale of 10."

"Then you have deranged Jack Smith, who’s a Trump hater and represents all the Trump haters … You have a radical left attorney general like Letitia James, who’s a disgrace to our country," he continued. "The judges on these cases, they’re all Trump haters."

Reid asked Cohen, "Michael, what’s his goal when he does that?"

He answered, "His goal is to fuel up his supporters … to fuel up his [supporters] for the sole purpose of getting them to act no differently and as stupidly as they did on January 6th."

"His goal is to get them to attack these individuals, these critics of him as often and as frequently as they possibly can, whether it’s going to be on social media, whether it’ll be through phone calls, whether it will be in person. I mean, that’s his goal. Intimidation and witness — it’s witness intimidation and it’s harassment.

This isn't the only legal issue the ex-prez is facing. He is currently charged with 91 counts across four separate indictments in D.C., New York, Georgia and Florida.

The charges include solicitation, racketeering, forgery, false statements, obstruction, conspiracy against civil rights and the willful retention of national defense information.

He could face up to 300 years behind bars if he's found guilty of every charge.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world...9cc5a956&ei=54