Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-24-21, 11:01 AM   #136
Sonicfire1981
Engineer

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3catcircus View Post
You really think Burden is gonna last 100 days? We've already got proof that he has handlers feeding him info in an earpiece.
The earpiece thing again?
Quote:
We've had proof all year long that he is suffering from some form of mental degradation. We have a whistleblower who worked on his campaign claiming they "called a lid" so often and so early because they didn't want people seeing his dementia, not always successfully - at one point he thought he was campaigning against Gary Hart in the 1980s... This same whistleblower claims that interns would be sent to pick up his Namenda prescription under false names and that staffers actually sat around a conference room table to discuss which adult diapers he should wear - so that they were less visible, would be least likely to leak, and least likely to make crinkle-crinkle noises while he moved.
That's made up. Fun story thou.

Quote:
Face facts - Burden is exactly that - a Burden on Americans who are already suffering under his first batch of EOs; a burden for his handlers who are doing the bidding of an unelected communist oligarchy; and a burden on Heels Up Harris who is visibly champing at the bit until they can 25th Amendment him.
There is not a single "unelected communist oligarchy" on this entire planet.
Harris would be refreshing as president; women make competent political leaders, ask germany, new zealand and others. Or do you believe women should stay home, take care of house and kids and do that well?
Sonicfire1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-21, 11:03 AM   #137
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Graham's hierarchy of disagreement.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-21, 11:03 AM   #138
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
It appears to me that the US has plenty of oil independence.

https://www.eia.gov/tools/faqs/faq.p...Fd%20in%202019.

Posting stats from 2019 doesn't prove anything. Give your boy a chance. It'll take more than a few days for his job killing policies to take effect.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-21, 11:08 AM   #139
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonicfire1981 View Post
Or do you believe women should stay home, take care of house and kids and do that well?

That's about as sexist as you saying that their gender alone makes women more competent leaders than men.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-21, 11:18 AM   #140
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

The upcoming impeachment will not end happy for the former President of USA.

I think this time he will get a verdict.

Now Since neither the Congress or The Senate can judge a civilian-they can, what I understand- Give him a verdict posthum. What kind of verdict I don't know.
Maybe close the door to the White House-the next 5-10 years.

Markus
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-21, 11:21 AM   #141
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

I think that comment arises from the childish misogynic nicknames Harris's detractors use. This thread would probably work better if everyone stopped with the derogatory nicknames of which I've been guilty of using as well at times.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-21, 11:49 AM   #142
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
And?

I know what an EO is Skybird. I don't understand the link.
First table, fourth and seventh column.
Old 01-24-21, 11:56 AM   #143
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184

It was considered fair game by the Democrats to give Trump all sorts of flak but now Biden's in the hot seat people should give him an easy ride, you can bollocks to that matey.
As for the derogotary nicknames the democrats are masters at it so we'll see if the Republicans can at least try and match them. Since Trump was elected the US Politics thread has been entertaining to say the least, long may it continue.
Old 01-24-21, 12:00 PM   #144
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 247

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
I think that comment arises from the childish misogynic nicknames Harris's detractors use. This thread would probably work better if everyone stopped with the derogatory nicknames of which I've been guilty of using as well at times.
That she's known as Heels Up Harris is less a misogynistic nickname as it is accurate as to how she was able to move up in her career path - directly from the people she slept with in exchange for favors. We have directly from the mouth of Willie Brown the fact that she had an extra-marital affair with him and he, in turn, gave her two political appointments that launched her career as a politician.

That you may not like it doesn't make it any less true. If she was willing to sleep with a mayor/state assembly speaker, people may rightfully be concerned that she could be influenced by adversaries.

Both she *and* Burden would *never* be able to obtain a clearance if they weren't in the office because they are already compromised or would be at too great of a risk to be compromised by foreign agents.
3catcircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-21, 12:03 PM   #145
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
First table, fourth and seventh column.
Why don't you just say what you mean. You usually don't have that problem.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is online   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-21, 12:10 PM   #146
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
The upcoming impeachment will not end happy for the former President of USA.

I think this time he will get a verdict.

Now Since neither the Congress or The Senate can judge a civilian-they can, what I understand- Give him a verdict posthum. What kind of verdict I don't know.
Maybe close the door to the White House-the next 5-10 years.

Markus
You might be right Markus

At first I was thinking no way will they find 17 Republican Senators to agree to the impeachment that would then deny Trump from ever holding office again, but ___________________

What if the rumor's of Trump starting another party called MAGA party really had a chance? It would weaken the GOP to the extent that the GOP could not possibly win against the democrats two years from now (much less in the next National Election of 2024)
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-21, 12:20 PM   #147
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
For a start I give Biden the same that I gave his predecessors: 100 days. That his imminent successor did not take even 100 days to unmask himself, is not Biden's fault.

That style and tone have changed dramatically, can be seen already now. And I like this moderaterness and decency in manners much better than the brutal proletarianism of the now gone one.

Manners are social grease. They make things and interactions easier.
LOL, Anyone else see the irony? particularly the first sentence.
MaDef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-21, 12:27 PM   #148
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 247

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
You might be right Markus

At first I was thinking no way will they find 17 Republican Senators to agree to the impeachment that would then deny Trump from ever holding office again, but ___________________

What if the rumor's of Trump starting another party called MAGA party really had a chance? It would weaken the GOP to the extent that the GOP could not possibly win against the democrats two years from now (much less in the next National Election of 2024)
Doesn't really matter. The GOPers who voted to impeach already damaged their chances of being re elected.

If Trump is forced into not being allowed to run again, it'll only increase his chances of starting a new party or if starting a new faction in the GOP which *will* result in primarying every single senator and representative that opposed him.

Even if he can't run again, he'll support those with the same political temperature as him.
3catcircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-21, 01:10 PM   #149
Sonicfire1981
Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3catcircus View Post
1. He revoked the Keystone XL permits - that's roughly 11,000 direct jobs that would have been created, plus approximately 60,000 indirect jobs (i.e. in related industries such as the companies that make the pipes, make the tools, etc.)[...]
Ah. You linked to the pipeline lobby. I wonder why they aren't happy about the cancelation. Anyway:
You say it yourself: it's *potential* Jobs that may or may not have been created eventually, to which I might add that that this is US and Canada combined; It's also worth noting that Keystone XL is not under construction in the US as it was waiting for a court ruling. which means that not a single american job was lost that day. Except maybe one paper-pusher.
the figure "60.000" is still missing, btw.

Quote:
2. Women's sports?

I think I'll see if my high school football lineman and lacrosse playing son wants to throw on some lipstick and compete against the girls in girls lacrosse...
professional sport always had problems with hormones, I believe including a minority to raise public acceptance won't change that. Certainly too weak an argument to call it elimination.

Quote:
3. Invading Syria: You don't have to believe that a "large" convoy means hundreds of vehicles. You just have to understand that sending *any* convoy into Syria is a bad idea.
Congratulations, you now officially believe in Syrian Propaganda (SANA). Should I asume that you want your troops in syria unsupplied? what kind of patriot wants that?

Quote:
4. National Guard - I'm not gonna bother linking to any stories - you can do the google yourself to see that they kicked the guard out of the Capitol - a 40 degree F garage is no place for them to rest and sleep - its not as if they are in a foxhole in the Ardennes...
That one has been debunked also. Since I'm superlazy you'll have to scroll up yourself or hope someone else provides the link one more time. In fact your national guard had hotelrooms *as well as a garage with heating and restrooms to warm up in times where shifts would not allow them to go to the hotel. They were better taken care of than the secret service at the Kushner/Tramp residence, btw. (because: restrooms)

Quote:
5. No plan to fight COVID.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/22/bide...al-months.html
read the title in the first url again. that's completely different from what you stated. it has to do with exponential growth and actions not taken in march, when the virus was "contained" and april, when it "miraculously went away".
And that fauci has something in the drawer other than injecting desinfectant & hydrochloroquin, is despite the previous administration ("Fire Fauci! Fire Fauci!"...), not because of.
Old 01-24-21, 01:23 PM   #150
Sonicfire1981
Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
It was considered fair game by the Democrats to give Trump all sorts of flak but now Biden's in the hot seat people should give him an easy ride, you can bollocks to that matey.
That might be because at this point in his presidency, the predominant point was wether his inauguration crowd was the biggest ever, which photos to manipulate and what alternative facts are.
Quote:
As for the derogotary nicknames the democrats are masters at it so we'll see if the Republicans can at least try and match them.
whataboutism.