SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-25-08, 04:41 PM   #856
Wilcke
The Old Man

Downloads: 234
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by gj2020
I looked through this thread but couldn't find this problem reported. I've sent 3 torpedos into a merchant. Looking at the ship, she's dead in the water but looking through the scope it still registers as moving a 7 knots. So any torpedo I try to fire now has an incorrect solution and misses. I don't use manual targeting, not sure if that would solve this or not but I'm not there yet. This has happened a few times. I'm wondering if this is a conflict with another mod that I'm running.

RFB_v1.52_102408
RFB_German Audio Files
RSRDC_RFBv15_V396
OpsMonsun_V500
Optics2 over Stock
small nav tools w_chrono w_hires dials w_better scope
Spaxs SH4 Uboat SPEECH FIX_V8
sobers compass mod_version 1.6
sobers RFB1.5 hud
OMV500_Patch1
FJB Camera Mod
OMV500 Patch 1 corrected the no damage to machinery spaces causing the above captioned problem. I have been running OMV500 with and without the latest patch and have seen this problem corrected in my install. In fact last night I put 3 fish into a 5000plus ton merchant and the third fish hit the machinery spaces and the thing came to a screeching halt.

I cannot comment on your install. I have always run OM in its own install. I would recommend unloading all the mods, then running the JSGME utility "compare snapshots of files" to see if any files have been changed that should not have. Then delete the "config" folder in My Documents. Restart SH4 set your resolution and other parameters and reload OMV500 and the Patch and try that.

Its quite a challenge to mix mods.

Happy Hunting!

For the best in Fleet Boats go to: Submarine Sim Central. http://forum.kickinbak.com/index.php
Check out: A Brief Introduction to the Pacific Submarine War by Ducimus
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=128185
Operation Monsun plus OMEGU, the #1 ATO Solution for SH4!

Signature Art by Gunfighter
Wilcke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-08, 05:02 PM   #857
gj2020
Sailor man

Downloads: 166

OMV500 Patch 1 corrected the no damage to machinery spaces causing the above captioned problem. I have been running OMV500 with and without the latest patch and have seen this problem corrected in my install. In fact last night I put 3 fish into a 5000plus ton merchant and the third fish hit the machinery spaces and the thing came to a screeching halt.

I cannot comment on your install. I have always run OM in its own install. I would recommend unloading all the mods, then running the JSGME utility "compare snapshots of files" to see if any files have been changed that should not have. Then delete the "config" folder in My Documents. Restart SH4 set your resolution and other parameters and reload OMV500 and the Patch and try that.

Its quite a challenge to mix mods.

Happy Hunting![/quote]

Thanks. I'll give that a try. One additional question... When ships sink using OM they always go down either straight and level by the bow or stern. They may have a slight list before they sink but I never see ships roll over as I used to when using the NSM mod. Wouldn't a merchant with 3 or 4 large holes in one side tend to capsize?
Old 11-25-08, 09:06 PM   #858
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Downloads: 187
Uploads: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by gj2020
I looked through this thread but couldn't find this problem reported. I've sent 3 torpedos into a merchant. Looking at the ship, she's dead in the water but looking through the scope it still registers as moving a 7 knots. So any torpedo I try to fire now has an incorrect solution and misses.
IRT your post, when the system no longer “visual” detects the target, even though you “forced a autolock”, the system will generate a “speed” solution based on it original detection, not the current lock, generating an incorrect solution. Please read the “special note” about visual detection in the first thread of this post

Quote:
Thanks. I'll give that a try. One additional question... When ships sink using OM they always go down either straight and level by the bow or stern. They may have a slight list before they sink but I never see ships roll over as I used to when using the NSM mod. Wouldn't a merchant with 3 or 4 large holes in one side tend to capsize?
The damage model is from RFB 152, here are some key points
  • Cause ships to sink by flooding rather than by having them run out of hit points;
  • Cause ships to sink in a realistic manner;
  • Introduce uncertainty and variability in the way ships sink;
  • Introduce more realistic ship sinking times based upon both the amount of damage and the size of the ship;
  • Delay the “Ship Sunk” message for as long as possible, and no earlier than with significant flooding at or above the main deck level;
  • Eliminate the stock behavior where certain torpedo hits would result in the ship splitting in two;
  • Require the player to use the deck gun in a more realistic fashion.

Last edited by lurker_hlb3; 11-25-08 at 09:13 PM.
lurker_hlb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-08, 10:05 PM   #859
gj2020
Sailor man

Downloads: 166

I was wondering if the "Visual" issues mentioned would be causing this. Thanks Lurker. And many thanks for a marvelous mod.

[/quote]
IRT your post, when the system no longer “visual” detects the target, even though you “forced a autolock”, the system will generate a “speed” solution based on it original detection, not the current lock, generating an incorrect solution. Please read the “special note” about visual detection in the first thread of this post

Quote:

The damage model is from RFB 152, here are some key points
  • Cause ships to sink by flooding rather than by having them run out of hit points;
  • Cause ships to sink in a realistic manner;
  • Introduce uncertainty and variability in the way ships sink;
  • Introduce more realistic ship sinking times based upon both the amount of damage and the size of the ship;
  • Delay the “Ship Sunk” message for as long as possible, and no earlier than with significant flooding at or above the main deck level;
  • Eliminate the stock behavior where certain torpedo hits would result in the ship splitting in two;
  • Require the player to use the deck gun in a more realistic fashion.
Old 11-29-08, 07:21 AM   #860
quad5
Soundman

Downloads: 581

Herr lurker_hlb3, you could return turm 7 'b' or correct fodder cables which are groundless? Thanks for your works!

Last edited by quad5; 11-29-08 at 07:21 AM.
quad5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-08, 11:20 AM   #861
Dizoak
Sailor man

Downloads: 1
Default Question

Is the campaign for this mod restricted to the Med as the only AO? I know it sounds ridiculous, but thats the impression I've gotten from reading whats involved.

*Edit* Ok I stand (or sit) corrected, have seen screens of various other AO's for this mod.

Last edited by Dizoak; 11-29-08 at 11:40 AM.
Dizoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-08, 11:45 AM   #862
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizoak
Is the campaign for this mod restricted to the Med as the only AO? I know it sounds ridiculous, but thats the impression I've gotten from reading whats involved.

*Edit* Ok I stand (or sit) corrected, have seen screens of various other AO's for this mod.
OM was built using a phase approach. Each phase covers a different area, and the current version of OM has “ALL” phases built into it. Here is a review

Phase I ( OMv100 )

“Operation Monsun” (OM) will present a semi-historical recreation of the deployment of German U-Boats to the Far East. The approach used to create this mod is along the same lines as RSRDC, give the SH4 users as close to historical immersion as can be made within the limits of Silent Hunter 4. To accomplish this goal a major rewrite to all files related to the U-Boat Campaign was accomplished, and provides the following:

-Initial deployment of U-boats from Lorient, France, 3 July 43 to 27 Aug 43, in which you must transit to the Indian Ocean, conduct a combat patrol in one of the same areas used by units enroute to Penang.
-From 27 Aug 43 to 30 Aug 44, you will operate out of Penang conducting combat operations in the traditional OpAreas of the Northern/Western IO.
-After the decision to move the U-Boat home base from Penang, operations will be conducted from Djakarta starting on 1 Sept 44 through the remainder of the war.

Phase II ( OMv200 )

Operation Paukenschlag:

-Deployment of Type IX U-boats from 2Flotilla based at Lorient, France on December 16th 1941, in which you transit to the “undefended” US East Coast, operating in the same areas as the 5 Type IX that were sent by Donitz
-You will also have a total of 7 different start dates operating the Type IX B/C from 2Flotilla / 10Flotilla at Lorient, Type VIIC boats from 7Flotilla at St. Nazaire and 3Flotilla at La Pallice.
-As with the real “Drumbeat” campaign your objectives will start on the East Coast of the US, then move to the Gulf of Mexico, and finally into the Caribbean.

Phase III ( OMv301 )

“Operation Monsun” (OM) version 301 will add the BdU’s coastal submarine operations, this encompasses the Type II U-Boat combat patrols during the first year and half of the war, in and around the North Sea, Norwegian Coast and Western Approaches to England. From 10/42 to 9/44 operations in the Black Sea by the six Type IIB U-boats of the 30th Flotilla and finally the 11th Flotilla’s Type XXIII operations in the North Sea from 01/45 to the end of the War.

Phase IV ( OMv400 )

“Operation Monsun” (OM) version 400 “Action in the North Atlantic” campaign will now allow the users to conduct a full Sept 39 / May 45 Campaign from Iceland in the North to the Equator in the South, Europe in the East to the US / Caribbean in the West. Please note the Mediterranean & the Artic are “NOT” part of this versions, so if you take your sub in these areas you won’t find anything. OM v400 includes all older versions on OM (BdU’s coastal submarine operations, Operation Paukenschlag and Operation Monsun )

Phase V ( OMv500 )

“Operation Monsun” (OM) version 500 “Mare Nostrum” covers the operations of Uboats under the control of the 23rd/29th Flotillas in the Mediterranean during the period of September 1941 to September 1944. You will see all the major British re-supply missions that were executed after Sept 41 (i.e. Operation SUBSTANCE, MINCEMEAT, HALBERD, HARPOON, VIGOROUS, PEDESTAL, STONEAGE, PORTCULLIS and QUADRANGLE) along with the various aircraft supply convoys, and the allied invasions of Africa, Italy and Southern France. OM v500 includes all older versions on OM (Action in the North Atlantic, BdU’s coastal submarine operations, Operation Paukenschlag and Operation Monsun).

27th Training Flotilla

Added the 27th Training Flotilla which was founded in January 1940. There new U-boat crews received their tactical training (Taktische Ausbildung Unterseeboote) and absolved an 8 to 15 day tactical practice (Taktische Übung). This included simulated convoy battle in the Baltic Sea and it was possible, that a boat had to absolve this practice twice or more, or until the boat reached satisfying results. In OM after you have completed training your boat will transfer to a combat flotilla. The type of training included navigation, weapons and convoy attack scenarios. You will find 5 different start dates for the 27th Training Flotilla after 1/1/45 start date (see below).
Old 11-29-08, 11:49 AM   #863
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by quad5
Herr lurker_hlb3, you could return turm 7 'b' or correct fodder cables which are groundless? Thanks for your works!
The original Turm 7B and Turm 7C are the same model, therefore I only used one Turm for all the Type 7s. The cable issue is a "stock" problem from SH3 and I do not plan to attempt to correct it any time soon since "eye candy" related issues are on the bottom of my priority list

Last edited by lurker_hlb3; 11-29-08 at 02:11 PM.
Old 11-30-08, 01:58 AM   #864
quad5
Soundman

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker_hlb3
Quote:
The original Turm 7B and Turm 7C are the same model, therefore I only used one Turm for all the Type 7s. The cable issue is a "stock" problem from SH3 and I do not plan to attempt to correct it any time soon since "eye candy" related issues are on the bottom of my priority list
Herr lurker, It not a problem a "stock", сables have hung in mid-air because at racks on a forage a different corner!
Please made the original Turm 7B!!!
I wish to be at war on U-48! http://www.uboat.net/types/viib.htm

Excuse for my bad English - I from Russia.

Last edited by quad5; 11-30-08 at 03:17 AM.
Old 11-30-08, 06:11 AM   #865
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Herr lurker, It not a problem a "stock", сables have hung in mid-air because at racks on a forage a different corner!
Please made the original Turm 7B!!!
I wish to be at war on U-48! http://www.uboat.net/types/viib.htm

Excuse for my bad English - I from Russia.

Your request has been noted
Old 11-30-08, 08:12 AM   #866
quad5
Soundman

Quote:
Your request has been noted
Thanks for attention and good luck in affairs!
Old 11-30-08, 11:25 AM   #867
quad5
Soundman

Captains, help to solve a problem! Thanks.

Last edited by quad5; 11-30-08 at 11:28 AM.
Old 11-30-08, 06:02 PM   #868
Dizoak
Sailor man

Downloads: 1
install?

Maybe I'm just dense, but I could not locate definitive instructions on how to install this mod. Do I need the mod swapper utility to do it? If so, can someone post the link for it? Any help here would be greatly appreciated.
Dizoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-08, 06:48 PM   #869
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizoak
Maybe I'm just dense, but I could not locate definitive instructions on how to install this mod. Do I need the mod swapper utility to do it? If so, can someone post the link for it? Any help here would be greatly appreciated.
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/t...5/m/5181035206
Old 12-02-08, 10:07 AM   #870
Larson
Watch

Downloads: 32

Quote:
Captains, help to solve a problem! Thanks.

hey had the same problem. I locatet the problem. You must changed the int_halo.dds. I hope you save the stock folder auf SH? Then go to you saved Folder and search this file. Then copy the file and send it to your moded SH. Tell me does it work.
Larson is offline   Reply With Quote