SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

View Poll Results: Poll closed
option 0 0%
option 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-11-09, 08:16 AM   #121
fred8615
Saint of the seas

Downloads: 265
Uploads: 127

Quote:
Originally Posted by baggy View Post
Im using gfo and think its great but does any one know why my order bar and tabs are all messed up and i cant tell what buttons do what. Much obliged.
That's the same problem I reported. There's something on a very few computers that causes the order bar to screw up if it gets changed. It first appearred when using the SH4 Menumaker. The fix is either use Menumaker to create your own orders bar, and use the "Save Special" option, or remove the order bar parts from GFO.
fred8615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-09, 09:55 AM   #122
baggy
Nub

Downloads: 115
Uploads: 0

Ah that sounds likley. I,ve got menumaker now all i need to do now is figure it out. cheers thanks for the help i'll let you know if it works.
baggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-09, 07:15 PM   #123
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred8615 View Post
That's the same problem I reported. There's something on a very few computers that causes the order bar to screw up if it gets changed.

i'll try to get this bug fixed before releasing GFO v1.1

SPECIAL NOTE - i had a mistake in the GFO Patch for Real Env #1

i accidentally left a duplicate data folder in the unzipped folder so just delete that extra folder since its not needed (the download has already been corrected as of 6 pm cst Thursday)
Old 06-12-09, 12:33 AM   #124
XTBilly
Officer

Downloads: 157

Ok. Thanks Webster !!
XTBilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-09, 02:42 AM   #125
tonschk
Admiral

Downloads: 172

Hello there , i installed the GFO in the order showed below , but even if GFO include the historical four propeller for US submarines fix , my Balao have still the stock three blades propeller spinning in the wrong direction , even if GFO include germans quick single missions , my game dont have german quick single missions , even if the GFO include the transparent orders window , my game have the stock non-transparent order window , even if GFO include some kind of improvements to the gauges on the bottom right corner to control speed rudder etc etc , my game have the normal stock gauges on the bottom right corner to control speed rudder dept etc , I dont know may be even the other fixes included in the GFO are not working in my SH4 game , please can you tell me if you think I must delete uninstall my SH4 game and after make a Fresh brand new installation of the SH4 game ? , thank you for the help

Last edited by tonschk; 06-13-09 at 03:18 AM.
tonschk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-09, 09:54 AM   #126
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonschk View Post
Hello there , i installed the GFO in the order showed below , but even if GFO include the historical four propeller for US submarines fix , my Balao have still the stock three blades propeller spinning in the wrong direction , even if GFO include germans quick single missions , my game dont have german quick single missions , even if the GFO include the transparent orders window , my game have the stock non-transparent order window , even if GFO include some kind of improvements to the gauges on the bottom right corner to control speed rudder etc etc , my game have the normal stock gauges on the bottom right corner to control speed rudder dept etc , I dont know may be even the other fixes included in the GFO are not working in my SH4 game , please can you tell me if you think I must delete uninstall my SH4 game and after make a Fresh brand new installation of the SH4 game ? , thank you for the help

try the simple things first, make sure you have the correct GFO folder installed.

the mod is actually another folder contained within the unzipped folder so make sure when you open the GFO folder that you placed in jsgme, that you only see the data folder and an SHSound.act file there.

Last edited by Webster; 06-14-09 at 04:15 PM.
Old 06-13-09, 11:35 AM   #127
tonschk
Admiral

Yes I think I have made a mistake , I put the whole unzipped GFO folder with all the subfolders included and the readmy inside MODS folder of the SH4 game and later I enabled it with JSGME , big mistake

Why you dont include the four blades propeller with your GFO ? is something wrong with the four blades propeller ?

I have done something not really healthy for the SH4 files , I deleted the GFO from the SH4 MODS folder without before removed first with the JSGME tool , do you think this can have bad consecuences/effects for my SH4 installed Game ?

I correct the mistakes and in the process of enabling with JSGME the various mods in the order you tell us to do , the JSGME tool was asking me every time if I want to overwrite some files , and I click yes , can you tell me please if is something wrong with this ? , thank you for the help

Last edited by tonschk; 06-13-09 at 12:15 PM.
tonschk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-09, 04:55 PM   #128
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonschk View Post
Yes I think I have made a mistake , I put the whole unzipped GFO folder with all the subfolders included and the readmy inside MODS folder of the SH4 game and later I enabled it with JSGME , big mistake

Why you dont include the four blades propeller with your GFO ? is something wrong with the four blades propeller ?

I have done something not really healthy for the SH4 files , I deleted the GFO from the SH4 MODS folder without before removed first with the JSGME tool , do you think this can have bad consecuences/effects for my SH4 installed Game ?

I correct the mistakes and in the process of enabling with JSGME the various mods in the order you tell us to do , the JSGME tool was asking me every time if I want to overwrite some files , and I click yes , can you tell me please if is something wrong with this ? , thank you for the help
as for the 4 bladed props, they are in GFO already

the jsgme "mods" folder has an unseen hidden folder where it keeps backup files and you can "clear" some mod soup issues by moving your mods out of jsgme and then deleting the entire mods folder to get rid of these hidden files, then you just run jsgme to create a new "mods" folder then put the mods back in jsgme and see if they work ok. if not then replace the whole data folder using your backup copy or uninstall and reinstall the game to restore the files.

as for overwriting files, this is because many mods use the same files so you end up replacing files that were already replaced by another mod but its fine to do this as long as the mods are compatable to work together. (this means the combination of files you end up with all work together to do what they are supposed to without causing issues with the game)

Last edited by Webster; 06-14-09 at 08:44 AM.
Old 06-13-09, 06:34 PM   #129
tonschk
Admiral

Thank you very much for your help , I like the changes in the game made by GFO , for example the very well done sound of the air escaping in the " blow ballast " , and the very nice amazing sound of the much better now " Ping " when the DD is looking for you , there are still mistakes in the SH4 game , step by step can be improved , thank you very very much
Old 06-14-09, 12:05 PM   #130
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

I downloaded the first release you made, while it was still the "unofficial 1.6 patch", the one with the bug in the engine telegraph sound orders, etc.

Is there any download that can convert it directly into the current version of GFO ? Reason I ask is because I don't want to download all the big pack again
Old 06-14-09, 02:54 PM   #131
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
I downloaded the first release you made, while it was still the "unofficial 1.6 patch", the one with the bug in the engine telegraph sound orders, etc.

Is there any download that can convert it directly into the current version of GFO ? Reason I ask is because I don't want to download all the big pack again
yes, on my filefront there was a patch to convert UGP to GFO but i deleted it and no longer have it.

i deleted it because i didnt think anyone would still need it and with the changes i made, you really are better off redownloading it anyway even though i know its a PITA on a slow ISP

i'll put something together to hook you up when i get time and send you a link
Old 06-14-09, 03:59 PM   #132
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

Cheers, thanks. But if there are already too many changes, then I'll bit the bullet and download the whole thing again
Old 06-18-09, 09:11 PM   #133
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

The new version of GFO v1.1 has now been released and the download and fixes for the older version of GFO has been removed and is no longer available.

Because of the changes made in GFO v1.1 I was not able to modify GFO v1.0 with a patch to update it to v1.1 so it will be necessary for you to redownload GFO v1.1 and then delete the old GFO v1.0 mod.

the actual changes GFO v1.1 makes are minor but its a large number of files involved in making those small changes.

changes in GFO v1.1:

- the easy to read colored text was removed
- the missing menu bar button images are fixed
- the radio display fix was added
- added new mission loading screens
- added Kakemann and ATR-42's Music Fix

Last edited by Webster; 06-20-09 at 02:14 PM.
Old 06-19-09, 12:31 AM   #134
XTBilly
Officer

Downloads: 157

BIG GFO weekend approaching!!

Thanks Webster!
XTBilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-09, 06:34 AM   #135
ivanDurak
Watch

Downloads: 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEBSTER View Post
The new version of GFO v1.1 has now been released and the download and fixes for the older version of GFO has been removed and is no longer available.
Where?
ivanDurak is offline   Reply With Quote