Old 07-22-19, 01:35 PM   #11
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
The real victims in this mess.
I agrree. It has angered me many times with how much non-chalance the fate of hostages of African pirates has eben ignored in Europe already, while mayn fo nthem returned traumatized, got tortured, and spend days and weeks in fear for theiur life, where victims of staged executuions, and so forth.

Arm those damn merchants during transit. Missiles, drones, heavy mahcine guns. At clkose rnage even RPG-style rockets can cause havov with helicipters and RG speedboats. What international law says is irrelevant if Iran already has started to violate it. Laws and treaties are two-way streets. Armed resistance of troops sttioned on traders could buy the time needed to vector in armed US drones. One lonely British frigate or destroyer is chanceless to beat the clock if the Irnaisn can chose the time and place and pick their prey at their liking.

Or radio the attackers a lecture on what you epxect them to not do. That radio protocol really had me grinnign from one ear to the other. Sorry, Jim, but the embrassement of your country for this is well-deserved. Aftewr hte marines caught some years ago and led around like poodles on lines, I would have expected better preparedness if still sailing into harms way.

Do not expect a big European rescue mission. The EU is about punishment for Brexitannia, have you forgotten? As long as no othe rEuropean natiosn lose ships in the gulf, I see little chance that you will find much support from EU nations. I even heard a comment on radio short time ago that said that Britain, due to its Brexit ambitions, suffers from Iranian hands a well-deserved demonstration of what it means to reject the block.

And Trump? He is about creating opporunties for American business to bite off big heaps out off your econoymnand public budgets. This "special relaitonship" betwehne the UK and the US, is a historic thing only, but was a lie alread in 2003. And today, it is even more so. Not to mention that Britain could not afford such milkitary adventures anymore.

Sorry, I do not want to hurt your feelings or offend you country, Jim, I just stubbornly talk frankly and open. You may take into accoutn that i do the same about Germany, the EU, the US. Its not just cheap Schadenfreude.

Last edited by Skybird; 07-22-19 at 01:44 PM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
iran, iran nuclear threat, royal navy, usa