SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-20-22, 07:40 PM   #1
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishskysail View Post
That was my assumption however I'm trying to figure out how to prevent repetitive crashing.
----------------------
Das war meine Annahme, aber ich versuche herauszufinden, wie man wiederholte Abstürze verhindert.
Avoid saving exiting or entering base.... at least, 16 nm or 30 km from "ANY land"... deep water's best areas to accomplish that.

Do NOT save near any ships... sunk or still on the surface... & NOT with any aircraft about, either.

With high use of TC... wait at bare minimum of 3 minutes BEFORE doing a save... after doing a quick drop to periscope depth... to ensure of NO ships about... This also goes for resurfacing... of making sure of NO aircraft about.

DO NOT save, while submerged... either.!

Best locations to be when you go to do a save, after surfacing from the sonar check & no ships or planes are about... is:

Control room or Nav map.

After saving... wait at least another base minimum of 3 minutes...

I strongly recommend 5... minutes, "before & after" coming out of high TC use...

Following these, simple save rules... will help...

They've worked for Me, of not running into crashes or corrupted saves.

M. M.
Old 01-21-22, 02:14 AM   #2
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 456

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post

Best locations to be when you go to do a save, after surfacing from the sonar check & no ships or planes are about... is:

Control room or Nav map.

I strongly recommend 5... minutes, "before & after" coming out of high TC use...
Fifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-22, 12:30 PM   #3
irishskysail
Swabbie

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
Avoid saving exiting or entering base.... at least, 16 nm or 30 km from "ANY land"... deep water's best areas to accomplish that.

Do NOT save near any ships... sunk or still on the surface... & NOT with any aircraft about, either.

With high use of TC... wait at bare minimum of 3 minutes BEFORE doing a save... after doing a quick drop to periscope depth... to ensure of NO ships about... This also goes for resurfacing... of making sure of NO aircraft about.

DO NOT save, while submerged... either.!

Control room or Nav map.

Following these, simple save rules... will help...

They've worked for Me, of not running into crashes or corrupted saves.

M. M.
Hmm, I've tried a lot of these solutions and employ most of these subconsciously which has helped. But my main issue out of the rest the game crashing before or after a patrol which most of the crashes occur and usually occur after two / three patrols.
And what does TC Mean?
Thanks.
-------------
Hmm, ich habe viele dieser Lösungen ausprobiert und die meisten davon unbewusst eingesetzt, was geholfen hat. Aber mein Hauptproblem ist, dass das Spiel vor oder nach einer Patrouille abstürzt, was die meisten Abstürze verursacht und normalerweise nach zwei / drei Patrouillen auftritt.
Und was bedeutet TC?
Danke.
irishskysail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-22, 03:32 PM   #4
Anvar1061
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 848

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishskysail View Post
Und was bedeutet TC?
Time Compression
Old 01-25-22, 12:05 AM   #5
Archive1
Commander

Downloads: 26

All:
I am glad to see the forum back up and running. I think Urmel would approve of the community keeping on with the mod.

I posted a query a bit ago regarding changing the formal photo of Doenitz that is on the wall of the radio room. I'd like to insert a family photo instead. Did that with SH3 with no problem, but when I do so here I get an old glamour shot from somewhere. How can I override that and drop in a Paint program photo of ones choosing? Anyone know?
Oh, and if/when some things are changed: when exiting Lorient the leading trawler always runs aground and explodes across from the sub pens. Is that programmed into the sequence purposely? And the burning vessels seem to burn endlessly. Maybe they should burn out after a set time period?
Archive1
Archive1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-22, 10:46 PM   #6
Sam.Willow
A Steam Engine Engineer

Downloads: 84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archive1 View Post
All:
I posted a query a bit ago regarding changing the formal photo of Doenitz that is on the wall of the radio room. I'd like to insert a family photo instead. Did that with SH3 with no problem, but when I do so here I get an old glamour shot from somewhere. How can I override that and drop in a Paint program photo of ones choosing? Anyone know?
Archive1
Archive1, it may sometimes seem that you are being ignored but the truth is the users of this forum simply play the simulation. We don't develop it and we don't have access to the master files that would allow us to edit the lsh3 mod for the simulation. This means we do not have your answers. It seems that the lsh32020 mod team does not spend a lot of time in the subsim forums and it is pretty obvious never in this one.

If you have questions and requests you should ask the developers at https://www.lsh3.com/. You can contact them through the support link on their pages. It is maybe possible to find the answers to your questions on their site. I read last year that they intended to continue the lsh3-2020 mod into the future probably labeled lsh3-2025 version. At the time I read this Urmel was still alive. From what I have read he was one of several developers, which means that while sadly he is gone others are there to keep up the work.

I hope that this is helpful to you.
Sam.Willow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-22, 06:13 AM   #7
Anvar1061
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 848

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archive1 View Post
I posted a query a bit ago regarding changing the formal photo of Doenitz that is on the wall of the radio room.
Archive1

druck_radio_7.tga
Old 02-12-22, 11:28 PM   #8
Archive1
Commander

Sam:
I greatly appreciate your answer. It clears up for me several delayed replies. And I do understand the gap between those who use the game and the programmers that modify it.
I will try to connect with https://www.lsh3.com/ and see what transpires. I have no idea what it takes to keep a program like this going, but assume it requires a large investment of multiple people. Many of whom are, like me, not available to add any technical advice or assistance, but who are interested in keeping the program going in a healthy and accurate fashion.
My thanks for the program support and responses and for your (and others) investment of time and effort in keeping this alive and healthy.
-=Archive1=-
Old 02-12-22, 11:33 PM   #9
Archive1
Commander

Anvar1061:
Yes, I have been there and have attempted to substitute my family image for that of Doenitz. And did that in Grey Wolves version of SH3 with no problem.
But, as I said, if I drop a properly sized image (of any kind) to overlay the Doenitz image, what you get is some 1920s pinup. Try it and see.
Obviously not a critical problem, but certainly irritating.
Thanks, -=Archive1=-