SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-27-10, 10:46 AM   #76
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 132
Uploads: 0

Ok, thanks. When I return to it a month ahead i will look at the stopwatch issue and if i have the time to the few screens with mouse trail too.
Thanks for the feedback again!
Old 04-27-10, 10:48 AM   #77
Stronghold
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubini View Post
Ok, thanks. When I return to it a month ahead i will look at the stopwatch issue and if i have the time to the few screens with mouse trail too.
Thanks for the feedback again!
No, I thank you! I can play SH3 just because people like you and Grey Wolves team members made this buggy stock game playable!
Old 04-27-10, 10:51 AM   #78
Seeadler
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 169

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stronghold View Post
But one thing that is annoying is the right side of the screen mouse trails.
the next release of the dll will not do this
Old 04-27-10, 11:23 AM   #79
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeadler View Post
That is great to know Seeadler!
The best definitive way to fix some or all of those little annoyances is with the dll, if possible. So, again, very good news!
Old 04-27-10, 06:37 PM   #80
conus00
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 166

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubini View Post
This interface is just this: a basic but usefull interface (is the one that I like more in truth; this is the one that i use). In my game the stopwatch is corrected in position and in size. ( far right start position). Perhaps I made some mistake when porting it for GWX3.0/Sh3 stock... What version are you using? Anyway here in both versions the stopwatch is working correctly.

You can follow Flopper directions fo find the stopwatch references on the files. IIRC just the menu_1024 and the tga itself is needed to fix this, if any fix is really necessary.

(I'm out of Sh3 mod work (even without access to my home computer) since some weeks by RL heavy duties. I will return to it in a month ahead.)

But tell me, how is the WS mod working for you? Is your monitor rescaling it correctly? And the image quality is good anyway?

Cheers,

Rubini.
Hi Rubini, you guys have done tremendous work with the GUI and developing the .dll. It works perfect for me with the exception of the stopwatch problem. If you could point me to the entry in the menu_1024 I would really appreciate it. I can't find which entry handles the hands of the stopwatch. Also I'd like to know how to make it "pull-out" item (like it was originally or like you guys did the dials in Periscope and UZO).

The only small issue I have with the files I have already converted in Photoshop to 1360x768 that if I take a look in the same image in PS scaled 1:1 it is nice and crisp and when opened in the game in 1:1 it looks somewhat blurry. I wonder what is causing this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stronghold View Post
Black or wood effect would be great, the same way you've implemented those to Attack Periscope, Observation Periscope, Binoculars Navigation Map and Attack Map. If I am not wrong, Crew/Damage management and Orders pages are the only ones that causes mouse trails on the right side of the screen. I would really like to "solve" those problems, but I don't have any experience in modding. Hands placement of the stopwatch are wrong in my game as well, I forgot to tell you that. Like you've said, I really hope myself as well that someday somebody will fix or fill right side of Crew/Damage management and Orders pages.
The mouse trails are caused by the "missing" part of image which goes past 1024 pixels. (i.e. every background screen originally 1024x768 has to be re-sized to 1360x768)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeadler View Post
That's a great news. Another way how to avoid this is just convert all the static images to 1360x768. You guys are causing me many sleepless nights because after you released the dll and the interface mod I just started MAJOR widescreen overhaul of the whole SH3 interface.
Here is a small teaser what you can expect:

The work is about 50% done now.

Last edited by conus00; 04-27-10 at 06:58 PM.
conus00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-10, 07:10 PM   #81
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by conus00 View Post
Hi Rubini, you guys have done tremendous work with the GUI and developing the .dll. It works perfect for me with the exception of the stopwatch problem. If you could point me to the entry in the menu_1024 I would really appreciate it. I can't find which entry handles the hands of the stopwatch. Also I'd like to know how to make it "pull-out" item (like it was originally or like you guys did the dials in Periscope and UZO).

The only small issue I have with the files I have already converted in Photoshop to 1360x768 that if I take a look in the same image in PS scaled 1:1 it is nice and crisp and when opened in the game in 1:1 it looks somewhat blurry. I wonder what is causing this?

The mouse trails are caused by the "missing" part of image which goes past 1024 pixels. (i.e. every background screen originally 1024x768 has to be re-sized to 1360x768)

That's a great news. Another way how to avoid this is just convert all the static images to 1360x768. You guys are causing me many sleepless nights because after you released the dll and the interface mod I just started MAJOR widescreen overhaul of the whole SH3 interface.
Here is a small teaser what you can expect:

The work is about 50% done now.
Very good one mate! keep up the good work!

As I said I have not contact with my home computer since some weeks until a month ahead. So, no help for your question for now(stopwatch). Sorry.
Old 04-27-10, 07:22 PM   #82
Stronghold
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Men, you are nuts! In the positive way, of course. This widescreen mod seem to improve in the future releases. We also have interior mod from Flakmonkey and a lot of other great mods. I am starting to believe that they should be implemented in the default GWX Platinum edition ... Which will probably never happen ... And this way SH5 will escape from going down the drain and flush the water afterwards. Otherwise ....

Anyway, it's so sad that a lot of great mods will not be implemented in a supermod, like GWX did in their magnificent work.

Last edited by Stronghold; 04-27-10 at 07:34 PM.
Old 05-15-10, 11:30 AM   #83
piri_reis
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 115

Oh boy, have I been under a rock?!
Just found this WS mod and it's great improvement to the stretched view.
For feedback here's my setup:
Win7/x64, Sh3/GWX3, Nvidia 9800GTX+, HP w2207h LCD w/ 1680x1050 native&desktop resolution. Have the D3D9.ini set to 1360x768 as mentioned.
Using the DisplayChanger utility (to get solve the Win7/x64 crash issue)

Everything's working pretty good, and I dig Rubini's GUI. Simple and useful. Thanks to all involved in this project

Lt.z.S. Barbaros Hayreddin, U-35, 2nd Flot/Kiel, Type VIIB
Oct.29.1939, 2nd Patrol Eastern English Waters
Running SH5/TWOS
piri_reis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-10, 09:22 PM   #84
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by piri_reis View Post
Oh boy, have I been under a rock?!
Just found this WS mod and it's great improvement to the stretched view.
For feedback here's my setup:
Win7/x64, Sh3/GWX3, Nvidia 9800GTX+, HP w2207h LCD w/ 1680x1050 native&desktop resolution. Have the D3D9.ini set to 1360x768 as mentioned.
Using the DisplayChanger utility (to get solve the Win7/x64 crash issue)

Everything's working pretty good, and I dig Rubini's GUI. Simple and useful. Thanks to all involved in this project
Thanks mate!
Update: after two months out of Sh3 I started it again some minutes ago...but with some interesting news.
I changed my "old" nvidia 8800GT by a "new" Ati 4850 in this new start because I like very much an old WWII air game (EAW) that only runs well on ATI. So, minutes ago I finally tested it also with SH3. Just good surprises:
1. Definitivelly this wide screen mod works absolutelly well with ATI. No need any adjust on my system. Just started Sh3 again after two months and it´s running in all its WS glory without any problem. (Take note Reece!)
2. ATI really have a much better IQ than Nvidia (I can say this at least for SH3, EAW, SH4 and COD WaW - the ones that i tested with my "new" card). Two years ago I started a thread here on subsim showing how to adjust nhancer to make nvidia have at least a reasonable IQ for Sh3/SH4, the result was good but it never convinced me. Now, that i could finally compare the two cards, I can say that ATi is really far better, the AA quality and output is much more well done.

Rubini.
Old 06-29-10, 07:31 AM   #85
Seminole
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 102

RUBINI:

Could you please compare the two images below and possibly explain the differences? Yours looks so much better (sharper) than mine.

Please don't get the idea that I'm complaining. I'm am delighted with this mod. I simply want to improve my display if it is possible to do so.

Could it be that I need to apply the high resolution fix?

I set my monitor to display at 1360x768 . It's native resolution is 1600x1050

Any insight will be greatly appreciated and thanks for this work.

Old 06-29-10, 09:20 AM   #86
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171

Gee that's weird, was this taken with Ctrl-F11 or some other snapshot app?
Are you sure you have SH3 video option set to 1024x768?

Sub captains go down with their ship!
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-10, 11:17 AM   #87
Fubar2Niner
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 275

@Seminole

Not 100% sure on this shipmate but I think its because your not at native res (I'm guessing you are flat panel?) Same happens here when I'm not running native. I got my ears open if I'm wrong tho. One question mate do you by any chance use driver version 257.xxx, if so do you use Nhancer? If so it might be worth you reading this:

http://forum.nhancer.com/showthread.php?t=1768

Best regards.

Fubar2Niner
Fubar2Niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-10, 11:37 AM   #88
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Downloads: 65
Uploads: 3

What the...

The dials... they're not oval!
onelifecrisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-10, 11:51 AM   #89
Seeadler
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 169

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seminole View Post
I set my monitor to display at 1360x768 . It's native resolution is 1600x1050
This is common, if your monitor has a native resolution of 1600x1050 all resolution below this is scaled up and be blurred.

This mod suits only perfect with monitors which has also 1360x768 as native resolution.

For better graphics set your monitor to the native res (1600x1050) and the d3d9.ini to:
Code:
[ENGINE]
DisplayWidth=1360
DisplayHeight=768
Refreshrate=false
no go into the nVidia panel and set fixed scaling

For a real widescreen above 1360x768 this mod needs a complete redesign of all positions in the menu_1024_768.ini. I began this work but some screens like barraks and damage screens are hardcoded in their position and can't be repositioned via the menu_1024_768.ini.
Old 06-29-10, 02:09 PM   #90
Seminole
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 102

There...it looks much better now....thanks for all the replies and special help.

Now if only I could find a periscope mod that will work with 1.4b that looks as good as in Rubini's posted shot...I would be in subsim heaven. I know going to GWX would provide one but I want to play a career in 1.4b first. I have GWX downloaded and ready to apply when I'm ready.