SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Indie Subsims
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-17-20, 11:24 AM   #1
Ruslan
Watch

Downloads: 482
Uploads: 2

I want to see what it will look like under water,submarines,bottom ocean's,changing transparency and the physical model sumbarines,how will the submarine be managed.Subscribed to the channel
Ruslan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-20, 09:05 PM   #2
AzureSkies
Blue Water Dev

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Default WEEKLY UPDATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleCow View Post
Great to see work progressing. The visuals and models are most excellent. Thanks for updating us.
Thanks and you're welcome! I have to thank the excellent modelers for really setting an extraordinarily high bar on the graphics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruslan View Post
I want to see what it will look like under water,submarines,bottom ocean's,changing transparency and the physical model sumbarines,how will the submarine be managed.Subscribed to the channel
As of the moment that part of the water system isn't developed, but from what I've seen there's really some excellent potential - however it goes, it'll have to match that high bar set by the asset artists.

Now, for our weekly update, I'm sorry to say a combination of an unexpected holdup with the new model and administrative work taking (albeit somewhat expectantly for this time of the year) an unusually high amount of time, there's not much new to show this week aside from some pretty minor graphical fine-tuning.

Until next time, thanks for joining us, and I think I've mentioned before, there's something nice I'm hoping to have ready either next week or the week after, and it's not even the aircraft.

Until then, clear sailing.
AzureSkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-20, 12:55 AM   #3
AzureSkies
Blue Water Dev

Regarding this week's update, apologies for the delay again, but expect it tomorrow.
Old 01-31-20, 02:29 AM   #4
AzureSkies
Blue Water Dev

Default WEEKLY UPDATE

Hello again, everyone!

This week I'm showing off the wonderful sky and weather system and the Hawker Siddeley Nimrod, MR.2 variant.

As usual, these are all in-game screenshots of course.

The Nimrod is the UK's Maritime Patrol Aircraft. While P-3 Orions were stationed in CONUS in enormous numbers, Nimrods were the quite capable UK equivalent.

Blue Water taking place shortly after the Falklands war, many MR.2s had just barely been upgraded with a fueling probe, extending their range to anywhere in the Atlantic and beyond, if needed.

With a rather spacious weapons' bay and the ability to carry up to 20,000 pounds (9,100 kg) of armament, it could carry a large helping of Martel ARMs, AGM-65 Mavericks, AGM-84 Harpoons, Mk. 46 or Stingray torpedoes, sonobouys, and even nuclear depth charges and depth bombs.

Also non-standard, but during the Falklands war MR.2s were equipped with AIM-9 Sidewinders.

Placing the engines inside the wings instead of in nacelles under them, the design is distinctly British.

Lowering gear and flaps just to show...

It has a maximum speed of 500 knots, and a typical cruise speed of 426 knots.

Unsurprisingly for a turbofan design, it can fly quite high with a service ceiling of 44,000 feet, or 13,400 meters.

That's all for today. Thanks for joining us. Be sure to comment below with thoughts, feedback, and whatever else you may want to suggest.

Until next time, clear sailing.
Old 02-05-20, 04:38 PM   #5
yachieku
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 5

Wow!

Great job so far! As fan of Jane`s, DW, NWAC, GCB, and of course CW, I`m waiting for early access.

Few questions:

1. Would be a single player dynamic campaign? That was something I miss most in DW and NWAC.

2. Any details about damage model? (I mean, fire on board, subsystems failures, floodings, crew loss, etc.)

Thanks!
yachieku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-20, 10:50 PM   #6
AzureSkies
Blue Water Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by yachieku View Post
Wow!

Great job so far! As fan of Jane`s, DW, NWAC, GCB, and of course CW, I`m waiting for early access.

Few questions:

1. Would be a single player dynamic campaign? That was something I miss most in DW and NWAC.

2. Any details about damage model? (I mean, fire on board, subsystems failures, floodings, crew loss, etc.)

Thanks!
Thanks for dropping by and the praise!

1. Currently planning on a strongly story-driven campaign with some highly dynamic elements such as persistent fleets, decisions having consequences down the line and ultimately shaping the fate of the war.

2. Fires and flooding are an absolute must. Might even include resulting cascade failures, such as fires spreading too far and setting off magazines, making them much worse (solid rocket fuels like APCP burn rather hot). Subsystem failures are also a must for ARM-type missiles to have any significant or useful effect, and it'd be rather odd if a hangar that's blown apart and on fire could still launch and land aircraft.

Last edited by AzureSkies; 02-13-20 at 10:59 PM.
Old 02-13-20, 10:56 PM   #7
AzureSkies
Blue Water Dev

Default What is a WEEKLY UPDATE, anyways?

Hello again, everyone!

Apologies for all the misses and delays, but there's been some good workings on the business side of things this week. There's some additional features I'd very much like to add before doing the next highlight, so our next one might have to wait a bit. I'll touch base again on the regular Tuesday evening, either way.

Until then, at least have this:

That's all for today. Thanks for joining us. Be sure to comment below with thoughts, feedback, and whatever else you may want to suggest.

Until next time, clear sailing.
Old 02-14-20, 12:45 AM   #8
EXCELLION36
Bilge Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzureSkies View Post
Thanks for dropping by and the praise!

1. Currently planning on a strongly story-driven campaign with some highly dynamic elements such as persistent fleets, decisions having consequences down the line and ultimately shaping the fate of the war.

2. Fires and flooding are an absolute must. Might even include resulting cascade failures, such as fires spreading too far and setting off magazines, making them much worse (solid rocket fuels like APCP burn rather hot). Subsystem failures are also a must for ARM-type missiles to have any significant or useful effect, and it'd be rather odd if a hangar that's blown apart and on fire could still launch and land aircraft.
Hello Azure,

Amazing work so far. This game certainly could become a cornerstone in the naval strategy segment.

I know you said that you are planning for a story driven campaign. But down the line, after the game is released, is there a chance to include a sandbox campaign as an option?

Thank you, you are creating an amazing project .
EXCELLION36 is offline   Reply With Quote