Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-28-21, 11:33 AM   #7051
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

Quite long but very educational.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-21, 06:00 PM   #7052
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
I got it last month. Sick for a week but no worse than the flu, 'cept my sense of smell and taste have not returned (a mixed blessing). Now I got natural immunity from this thing so I don't have to take my chances with the vaccine. Yay me!

Wow, talk about doing things the hard way.

You sure got lucky you didn't have it worse. Lost two friends to it last year.
Old 04-28-21, 07:04 PM   #7053
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post

I am very sorry for your loss Neal.

Don't know how lucky I was though. The disease does have a very high survival rate and while i'm (a little) old i'm still relatively fit and active. Most people, including my wife who could not have avoided catching it from me if it's anywhere near contagious as they claim, never even have a symptom at all, again according to what they say, so how lucky was I really? Certainly a damn sight luckier than your friends to be sure but I do miss the taste of good food. It's lack has made eating more of a chore than one might think.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-21, 03:14 AM   #7054
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
It's all the EU's fault
Seriously though, as I've said in the past, the EU 'beef' should be with AZ and not the UK
To the first.. of course
To the second, i certainly agree, though it is hard to swallow Boris' boasting when you know what happened

This just in.. not really new though:
Russia, China sow disinformation to undermine trust in Western vaccines

https://www.reuters.com/world/china/...ys-2021-04-28/

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-21, 03:30 AM   #7055
Catfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Quite long but very educational.
Interesting, but afaik he is wrong

https://translate.google.com/transla...bossche-recht/

edit: was posting a bit early, just watched it completely. There may be some serious "stuff" ahead, thanks for posting.

Last edited by Catfish; 04-29-21 at 03:37 PM.
Old 04-29-21, 03:36 AM   #7056
Catfish

Quote:
Very sorry to hear. We have few cases among friends, no one died yet, but one will not be able to go on with his sports studies; seems several organs have been attacked and partially destroyed. It is really strange how this one virus can have so many different "angles of attack".

@August i hope the smell and taste returns. I read that it can take months (up to five) to get it back, so there may be a chance.

Old 04-29-21, 06:47 AM   #7057
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Just a bit of an update about why the judge might have been subjected to an attack by the German state security forces.

Appears he's one those people they're afraid of.

Quote:
Germany's domestic intelligence agency says some parts of the anti-Covid lockdown movement are being kept under observation amid concerns they may be trying to delegitimise the state.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-56912882

Last edited by Rockstar; 04-29-21 at 07:30 AM.
Old 04-29-21, 07:11 AM   #7058
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
I am very sorry for your loss Neal.

Don't know how lucky I was though. The disease does have a very high survival rate and while i'm (a little) old i'm still relatively fit and active. Most people, including my wife who could not have avoided catching it from me if it's anywhere near contagious as they claim, never even have a symptom at all, again according to what they say, so how lucky was I really? Certainly a damn sight luckier than your friends to be sure but I do miss the taste of good food. It's lack has made eating more of a chore than one might think.

Yes, it certainly seemed very contagious last year, with the cruise ships and Italian catastrophes. The early indicators prompted me to be zealously cautious. I was probably 10 times more cautious than I needed to be, but in the beginning I realized we just didn't know how bad it was or could be. The CDC and WHO couldn't know either, not sure they still do. They were drawing inferences based on the evidence and the evidence was changing all the time.

My approach was, there were two phases, getting COVID and surviving COVID once you got it. I felt that I only could manage the first. Once you contract it, your fate was in God's hands.

I hope your senses return, man, that's probably worse than people think. Catfish says in 5 months or less, fingers crossed.
Old 04-29-21, 07:47 AM   #7059
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Yes, it certainly seemed very contagious last year, with the cruise ships and Italian catastrophes. The early indicators prompted me to be zealously cautious. I was probably 10 times more cautious than I needed to be, but in the beginning I realized we just didn't know how bad it was or could be. The CDC and WHO couldn't know either, not sure they still do. They were drawing inferences based on the evidence and the evidence was changing all the time.

My approach was, there were two phases, getting COVID and surviving COVID once you got it. I felt that I only could manage the first. Once you contract it, your fate was in God's hands.

I hope your senses return, man, that's probably worse than people think. Catfish says in 5 months or less, fingers crossed.

I think mutations will continue to be problematic(India). Sorry to hear about your friends. The virus really does affect each individual differently. Feels like a crap shoot if one is infected.
Old 04-29-21, 08:52 AM   #7060
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:

I hear you. I saw three internet buddies go to the unknown land, two of them I knew for almost twenty years, plenty of emails traded, and old-fashioned correspondence (=email) chess: two or three moves a week, matches lasting months and months.... One was a doctor from Canada who lived in and fought at the Covid front in New York. A very humourous man, and a diabolically capable chess player. Miss him.

The beast leaves traces, even if one does not get directly bitten oneself.
Old 04-29-21, 01:39 PM   #7061
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-21, 02:23 PM   #7062
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

The Frankfurter Rundschau writes:

Update from 04/29/21 5:58 p.m .: The developer of the Russian vaccine Sputnik V has announced a defamation lawsuit against the Brazilian regulatory agency Anvisa, which refused to import the vaccine. -

Anvisa had "knowingly distributed false and inaccurate information" about the vaccine, wrote the Russian manufacturer on Thursday in the short message service Twitter. Anvisa justified the import refusal on Monday with a lack of data on safety and effectiveness.-

Sputnik V has not yet been approved in the EU, but the EU Medicines Agency (EMA) has already started a so-called rolling process for the approval of the vaccine. -

First report from 04/29/21 2:45 p.m .: Brasília - A Brazilian health regulator announced in a congressional hearing that the approval of the Russian corona vaccine Sputnik V by other countries does not mean that it meets Brazilian regulatory requirements. -

The reason for this is, on the one hand, that the agency commissioned with the examination did not receive enough data to approve the Sputnik V vaccine. In addition, every single batch of the Russian corona vaccine for which data was available still contained replication-competent adenovirus. -

The adenovirus vector vaccines are made by removing most of the adenovirus DNA information from the virus and replacing it with DNA to make coronavirus antigens. All adenovirus vector vaccines carry the DNA to make the coronavirus spike protein. Important parts of the original genome are removed so that they cannot replicate in the body. -

Because of this, the news that the Sputnik vaccine contains replicating adenovirus came as a surprise to many. Big problems in the vaccinated population are not to be feared, but it remains an unnecessary risk. -

This risk, of course, increases when such a vaccine is used in millions (or more) of people. In the eyes of the Brazilian government, it seems certain that some people could be harmed by this preventable problem. The rally in Brazil now calls into question the entire manufacturing and quality control process of the Russians. -

Cases of counterfeit corona vaccine from Biontech and Pfizer are becoming more and more common. Sputnik V is also affected.
Old 04-29-21, 03:26 PM   #7063
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

U.S. officials pushed Brazil to reject Russia’s coronavirus vaccine, according to HHS report

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...putnik-russia/

Quote:
Buried deep in the dry, 72-page annual report of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services lay a startling admission: U.S. health officials under President Donald Trump worked to convince Brazil to reject Russia’s Sputnik V coronavirus vaccine.

The document, released in January, drew little attention at first. But that changed on Monday when the official Twitter account for the Sputnik V vaccine posted a screenshot of the previously overlooked claim, citing a report by Brasil Wire, and criticized the United States for effectively blocking Russia’s attempts at vaccine diplomacy.

...Initial skepticism toward Russia’s coronavirus vaccine was rooted in more than just politics: The shot was released before medical trials were complete. But it’s now been approved in more than a dozen countries. A recent peer-review study in respected British medical journal the Lancet found that its efficacy was on par with the Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna vaccines.
Combatting malign influences in the Americas, read page 48 HHS REPORT: https://www.hhs.gov/sites/default/fi...ual-report.pdf

Seems Biden is following the Trump doctrine. Like Amtrak Joe told his donors. Nothing will fundementally change

Makes me wonder whats really going on.

Last edited by Rockstar; 04-29-21 at 03:51 PM.
Old 04-29-21, 03:39 PM   #7064
d@rk51d3
Sea Lord

Downloads: 193

Sister and her husband have been living in India for a few years. Convinced them it would be prudent to return to Australia when it first broke out.
They were planning on returning soon, but I think they'll be here for quite a while yet.

They've already lost 3 friends this week, and the list looks to be growing.

Apparently, scammers are being caught selling "oxygen" bottles to the hospitals............. but they're turning out to be relabelled fire extinguishers.

Last edited by d@rk51d3; 04-29-21 at 07:22 PM.
d@rk51d3 is online   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-21, 07:07 PM   #7065
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

I haven't been to church (in person) for a year now, but a friend of mine who is very active along with his wife have dropped out too.

No one is saying why just that they need to take care of each other. Probably Covid-19 and no one wants to scare the others.

I miss them, but singing and dancing doesn't interest me with this contagious disease going around.

Plenty of churches online with some good pastors live online too.

My local area is rural and they have not been rushing to get the shots ... so the county is now offering $25 gift certificates for anyone that shows up to get a shot.

I showed up along with a hundred more in line just to find out that I didn't qualify till I had waited 30 days after the first shot.

Oh well it was good to see so many show up even if they had to be paid.

I saw a cartoon with two well known comedians with one saying,

"I don't have any symptoms"

The other comedian says:

"That's one of the symptoms"
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan