Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-21, 11:25 AM   #12481
bstanko6
Admiral

Downloads: 390
Uploads: 13

AVG! Glad to see a fellow red pill taker!

Trump never intended to go to conflict with anyone.

His fight was economic. After everything else was said and done all he wanted was to loosen the grip of China so that we can make a better buck in the long run.

The things that he did while in office, as Warhawk had said, with some of the things I’ve never seen in any other candidate do on any other party side in a very long time.

He talked like most regular people talked. He didn’t kiss babies he went right to work. He called out all the bull crap that was going on for the last 40-50 years. And we needed someone like that. He also expose the fake news and I couldn’t be more proud of him. I knew the news is fake I just didn’t know how bad. Trump worked for us and he did a great job.

Love trump or hate him, He did his best and I was so proud of him. I’m sad that this country turned against him from the start. They never even gave him a chance to walk into the White House peacefully. We talk about peaceful protests and Peaceful rioting. He never had a peaceful chance day one because no one wanted to give him one. I think he would’ve done great things in another four years. You’re not gonna see that with Biden and unfortunately no one else here believes me.

Well I serve my country I would never want to see us go into another conflict, and I know we’re going to the minute Biden gets into office. Syrians please watch your back and know that Biden does not represent us!

And I apologize to my fellow police officers out there, who are working hard every day, who don’t have any complaints against them, who do their job every single day the right way every time. Kamala Harris is coming after you and you we are going to lose. If you have a retirement build up you need to quit now and wait out your retirement. This country is turning against the good Americans that keep us safe every night.

DISCORD
https://discord.gg/6tFeTSUmVc
Old 01-08-21, 11:34 AM   #12482
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna View Post
Um, er,... are the Capitol Police really all that much at fault for their seeming lack of 'preparedness'?

Seriously, I'm just saying, cut the Capitol Police a little bit of slack; what happened wasn't at the real base of it their fault;
Quote:
WASHINGTON (AP) — Three days before supporters of President Donald Trump rioted at the Capitol, the Pentagon asked the U.S Capitol Police if it needed National Guard manpower. And as the mob descended on the building Wednesday, Justice Department leaders reached out to offer up FBI agents. The police turned them down both times, according to senior defense officials and two people familiar with the matter.

Despite plenty of warnings of a possible insurrection and ample resources and time to prepare, the Capitol Police planned only for a free speech demonstration.
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...ob_144996.html

Quote:
Capitol Police chief Steven Sund will resign next week, a spokesperson confirmed to Axios.

Driving the news: Sund's resignation, effective Jan. 16, comes amid pressure from lawmakers, including House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, and the union representing the Capitol Police over the department's response to Wednesday's violent Capitol breach by a mob supporting President Trump.
https://www.axios.com/capitol-police...c05fc2846.html

Quote:
so, the question now is: of the BLMs and the MAGAs, which should the Capitol Police should have been more wary?
Smart people would have been more prepared regardless.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is online  
Old 01-08-21, 12:06 PM   #12483
skidman
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolferz View Post
So keep your righteous indignation and your opinions to yourselves if you're not an American.
Hm. No.

And stop lecturing the rest of the world. We've had enough of that.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.” (Douglas Adams)
Old 01-08-21, 12:12 PM   #12484
skidman
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
And then there is that damn pesky laptop.
Oh-oh. This sets the "Laptop of hell"-counter to "two". One more to go to make Biden president.

LOH = 2

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.” (Douglas Adams)
Old 01-08-21, 12:38 PM   #12485
Wolferz
Navy Seal

Downloads: 52
wolf_howl15 food for thought...

ENot a single mention in this thread of the hypothetical what if,

Let Captain hindsight deal with the current events and of its ifs ands and buts,

But what if Papa Joe is unable to complete his term as POTUS?

That's right! America will swear in its first woman POTUS.
What will we call her husband? FLOTUS always had a nice ring to it but, Firsguy, First Fellow or even First Gentleman doesn't work as well.
FGOTUS sounds like a venereal disease.
FFOTUS sounds like stuttering
FGOTUS oops back to VD.

Tomorrow never comes

Last edited by Wolferz; 01-08-21 at 12:56 PM.
Old 01-08-21, 12:42 PM   #12486
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Fine with me.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Old 01-08-21, 01:19 PM   #12487
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

25th Amendment.

The Dems and some Rep will invoke this 25th Amendment

I can tell you that Trump will be sitting until Jan. 21-The political machinery works very slowly and it does this where ever you are in the world.

Should the be a majority before this day Jan. 21 Trump has the right to questioning this and then the Congress has to discuss it again(have read this in a Swedish newspaper)

Markus
mapuc is online  
Old 01-08-21, 01:23 PM   #12488
u crank

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidman View Post
Oh-oh. This sets the "Laptop of hell"-counter to "two". One more to go to make Biden president.

Your "Laptop of hell"-counter has been made irrelvant. Joe Biden will be sworn in as the next President on Jan. 20 2021. It's been all over the news.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is online  
Old 01-08-21, 01:23 PM   #12489
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
Yes, I am, but I also think BLM has a better reason to be angry than cult of Trump.
There is never a good reason for rape, pillage and burning. No matter who or what the cause may be. Ever.
Old 01-08-21, 01:28 PM   #12490
bstanko6
Admiral

AVG...
Do t worry about Buddahaid. He’s not American. Never will be.

He probably came from some **** dump where they burn old computers all day for a wage.

DISCORD
Old 01-08-21, 01:28 PM   #12491
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna View Post
Um, er,... are the Capitol Police really all that much at fault for their seeming lack of 'preparedness'? After all, the MAGA crowd aren't at all like those BLM savages; the MAGA crowd are known for being law-abiding citizens with full respect for the law and for law enforcement; the MAGA-ites would never resort to the sort of lawlessness of those they reviled last year; there's just no way that would happen; and there was no way a sitting president, along with his son and his minions, would make a personal appearance on the morning of and egg the MAGAs on to a frenzy; that sort of thing just wouldn't happen, uh, uh, NFW...

...and we all know those law-abiding MAGAs would show those stinking BLMs just how a proper, dignified protest is done; they would march peacefully by the Capitol, say their piece, and politely disperse; oh, there might be a very few rowdies, just like at the other protests, but so very few amongst the MAGAs that the Capitol Police would esily deal with them and minimize the affect on the 'perfect' protest by model citizens...

...so why should the Capitol Police have expected less from the noble, rightoeus, and law-abiding MAGA citizens? After all, they're on the side of law and order, not rank criminals like the BLMs; there was no need to have Capitol Police in full battle gear, like at the Lincoln Memorial when those vile BLMs went marching by; why, it surely was that show of force that kept all those Black demonstrators from attacking and defacing the Lincoln statue; we all know the MAGAs would never stoop so very low as to do something so vile to something so sacred to the very hear of US democracy as a national symbol like the Capitol Building; no, no that just would never, ever, ever, happen...

...after all, they are just like their fearless leader who nobly swore he'd be there right with them, they're just like him: sane, rational, predictable, respectful, and law-abiding; why should the Capitol Police really wory?...

Seriously, I'm just saying, cut the Capitol Police a little bit of slack; what happened wasn't at the real base of it their fault; yeah, given the lunacy of the Trump/Trumpette nexus, it wouldn't have hurt to err on the side of possibly being a little more proactive, but, again, by the metric of the espoused "values" of theMAGAs, the riot on Wednesday should have never happened; there is a famous political cartoon by the noted cartoonist Paul Conrad that he drew at the time of the Watergate scandal; the panel was split in half, with the top part showing about a half dozen hippie-type protestor-sorts with protest signs and the usual hippie attire; in the bottom half, there were about a half dozen of the Nixon White House denizens (Nixon, Haldeman, Erlichman, Mitchell, etc.) in their proper, formal business suits; at the very bottom of the cartoon was a quiz: of the two above two groups of people, who do you would you choose as the ones who would subvert and corrupt the Constitution and the laws of the US?; so, the question now is: of the BLMs and the MAGAs, which should the Capitol Police should have been more wary?; if, as many here aver, you really support law enforcement, give a little consideration to the seeming logic of the situation; I'm not going to condemn, out of hand, the Capitol Police, but, rather, the hypocrisy of the MAGAs who talked the talk but really, really stumbled when it came time to walk the walk...

...but, then again, maybe the outrages of the MAGAs were to be expected of fools who follow a greater fool...

<O>
The question remains, was it Trump supporters or possibly Antifa that infiltrated? I can say those that I know who are serious Trump supporters are shaking their heads at what transpired. Maybe way right-wing nut cases. Certainly there are way left-wing nut cases. We have seen enough of that in the past 4 years.
Old 01-08-21, 01:31 PM   #12492
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63

Probably all old news now....

'I will not be going to the inauguration" - Donald Trump tweets he will break custom and snub Joe Biden's swearing-in on 20 January.

The move comes as Democrats call for the president's removal for inciting the invasion of the US Capitol on Wednesday.

His opponents say they may initiate the process to impeach the president, with a possible vote next week.

It is extremely unlikely impeachment proceedings would clear Congress, but they could be started as a symbolic gesture.

The US Constitution also allows the vice-president to step up if the president is unable to perform his duties owing to mental or physical illness.

But Vice-President Mike Pence has shown no sign he would be willing to invoke the 25th Amendment.

In a video, President Trump - who leaves office on 20 January - condemned the "heinous attack" vowing an "orderly" transfer of power.

Five people have died in relation to the riot, including Brian Sicknick, a US Capitol Police officer.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 01-08-21, 01:31 PM   #12493
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstanko6 View Post
AVG...
For some reason, minimizing the anger of Trump supporters is ok in buddahaid's mind. I guess right-wingers can not be passionate about their country and president. It was just 12 years ago a news broadcaster got "shivers up his leg" just listening to Obama speak. I guess that is a different sort of passion.
Old 01-08-21, 01:32 PM   #12494
u crank

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstanko6 View Post
AVG...
Just how would you know that?

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is online  
Old 01-08-21, 01:35 PM   #12495
bstanko6
Admiral

I know this because Americans fight for information. They don’t let things just go by and say oh well that’s just how it is. We want to know what happened in the election.

If a person was raped we don’t say “oh well that was 10 years ago.” If a person is robbed and we investigate. If a person was trespass against, we investigated. There are people claiming election fraud and no one wants to investigate it

DISCORD
Closed Thread

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter