Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-20-20, 12:20 AM   #3406
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
She's certainly not smiling atm. After her visit to the dentist in which she was prescribed antibiotics she has an appointment for the tooth (her first) to be extracted next week.

Nor did it help after I reminded her it would be fine "Listen dear, I've only three of my own teeth left on the top, the rest being dentures"

She responded "Well that's your daft fault for having most of them punched out because of the career you chose"

Womens logic
I had my first extraction several weeks ago and it was a piece of cake. I spent more time filling in the forms than the extraction took. No pain but several days of lingering mild ache while the worst part was trying not to chew on that side.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-20, 05:58 AM   #3407
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360

Quote:
She's certainly not smiling atm. After her visit to the dentist in which she was prescribed antibiotics she has an appointment for the tooth (her first) to be extracted next week.

Nor did it help after I reminded her it would be fine "Listen dear, I've only three of my own teeth left on the top, the rest being dentures"

She responded "Well that's your daft fault for having most of them punched out because of the career you chose"

Womens logic

I'm thinking / hoping that they will use sedation in the extraction with regards to Ann's visit. It's fairly common and a useful tool in the states for extraction, root canals and things of that nature. I'm sure it's the same in the U.K and elsewhere. As Budda had said, It went pretty easy for him. I had a wisdom tooth extracted under sedation and it went pretty easy with mild discomfort. Loved the tooth fairy / covid thing I remember telling my brother when I was young, " I hope the tooth fairy comes tonight and knocks all of your teeth out."

@ Markus. I hope your visit with your mom goes well, Markus. You were smart in postponing your visit under the circumstances. Enjoy your visit and all the best to you both.
Commander Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-20, 07:30 AM   #3408
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
I had my first extraction several weeks ago and it was a piece of cake. I spent more time filling in the forms than the extraction took. No pain but several days of lingering mild ache while the worst part was trying not to chew on that side.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Wallace View Post
I'm thinking / hoping that they will use sedation in the extraction with regards to Ann's visit. It's fairly common and a useful tool in the states for extraction, root canals and things of that nature. I'm sure it's the same in the U.K and elsewhere. As Budda had said, It went pretty easy for him. I had a wisdom tooth extracted under sedation and it went pretty easy with mild discomfort. Loved the tooth fairy / covid thing I remember telling my brother when I was young, " I hope the tooth fairy comes tonight and knocks all of your teeth out."

This just gets better and better. I took her to the health centre yesterday for her annual health check and whilst a nurse was taking bloods off her they must have hit a muscle or something because part of her arm is badly bruised and has swollen up and is quite painful

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-20, 10:49 AM   #3409
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

^ It sounds like Ann has been " through the mill " as it were. Hopefully, this will be behind her next week. I think a nice dinner and a night out when this is over is in order.
Old 11-20-20, 12:10 PM   #3410
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
Onkel Neal, having conveniently shut down the site for maintenance, I spent three hours in a dental chair getting old 1960's mercury/amalgam fillings replaced; three 55+ year-old fillings with new, 21st century ceramic stuff... the left side of my head is pretty sore, but being attended to by a hearty 4oz. purely medicinal vodka gimlet to dull the post-novacaine pain. The right side is next week.
Quote:

Womens logic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
Quote:
^ It sounds like Ann has been " through the mill " as it were. Hopefully, this will be behind her next week. I think a nice dinner and a night out when this is over is in order.
The decrepitude of '60's dotaged dentition clearly setting in...a'larnin' to chew that good dinner with the "strong side" teeth is an art form. My own wife has so many crowns, probably stemming from bad childhood dentistry, and has to wear a mouth guard at night to prevent grinding one's molars during slumber. Gittin' old sucks, especially in the teeth, hip, and knee department!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-20, 12:23 PM   #3411
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

^ In evolution, this mammal's "upright walking" trick is widely overrated
Teeth.. dentition detention comes to mind

Hope she gets well soon after it's done.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-20, 12:59 PM   #3412
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Cheers CW and also for the PM which I have responded to

Old 11-20-20, 12:59 PM   #3413
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
^ In evolution, this mammal's "upright walking" trick is widely overrated
Teeth.. dentition detention comes to mind

Hope she gets well soon after it's done.
Well as long as U've still got that glow teeth don't really matter!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Old 11-20-20, 03:19 PM   #3414
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-20, 12:41 AM   #3415
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Quote:
The decrepitude of '60's dotaged dentition clearly setting in...a'larnin' to chew that good dinner with the "strong side" teeth is an art form. My own wife has so many crowns, probably stemming from bad childhood dentistry, and has to wear a mouth guard at night to prevent grinding one's molars during slumber. Gittin' old sucks, especially in the teeth, hip, and knee department!

I agree and when I suggested the dinner, I had forgotten the restrictions with regards to Covid. This doesn't even take into account trying to eat with bad teeth.
Old 11-21-20, 09:27 AM   #3416
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:

Old 11-21-20, 12:31 PM   #3417
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Quote:
I called a man's mother a bad name (several years ago) and now I'm missing my two front teeth
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-20, 12:33 PM   #3418
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

which is "all you want for Christmas"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 11-21-20 at 01:07 PM.
Old 11-21-20, 12:39 PM   #3419
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Quote:
which is "all you want for Christmas"
and for Fed-Ex to be on time for my Christmas presents too
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-20, 04:12 PM   #3420
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
I called a man's mother a bad name (several years ago) and now I'm missing my two front teeth

I'm guessing you were on the outs with the tooth fairy as they were never replaced.