Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-21, 12:22 PM   #13711
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

Oh please.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 04-02-21, 12:41 PM   #13712
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
He does better than our Supernanny and her circles of chairs and demands for party-ordered collective consensus.

Seriously, Catfish, as a citizen of a country that has not only not covered itself with fame in the pandemic crisis, but since late summer last year has not missed an opportunity to make a fool of itself, you sit in a glass house that makes it seem inadvisable to constantly throw with stones after the British just because you do not forgive them their Brexit. The Germans are to blame for messing up the vaccination - not Johnson. Biontech is a German company and fed with german tax money. Nobody than ourselves stopped us from making better use of this constellation, like the British used their ace card best to their advantage.

There is one answer Germany and the EU could give to the Brexit: getting our homework done better and accepting the British challenge and becoming better and more competitive and more combative ourselves instead of dozing endlessly on a thick, fat pillow of tax plundered loot and GDR 2.0-affinity and lamenting the oh so unfair selfishness of the Brits.

The way Angie Supernanny is talking to Germans, is in word, sound and behaviour exactly the same like adults use to talk to little babies. Her style alone tells everything one needs to know about what she think of the citizens.

Compared to that, Johnson's voltes, comical or not, are almost refreshing. Merkel just lulls Germans to death. Since 16 years. And thats why life over here feels like being trapped in a giant drop of hardening honey.
I'm not up to speed with the situation in Europe but I wish they'd realise they are not dealing with a third world country but rather a large economic sovereign nation with a population fast growing in resentment because of the same resentment we are witnessing coming from across the channel.

Only one thing is certain and that is the fact that both parties or sides of the arguments are harming themselves in the process. Macron in particular is happy because it is Germany who is footing the bill.

Word is out that the hypocrite has recently stated publicly he is willing to accept the AstraZeneca jab if offered it.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 04-04-21, 06:13 AM   #13713
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184

Here we go again.

ROAD RAGE Kill the Bill protesters cause mayhem by sitting in MOTORWAY while violent clashes with cops see 28 arrested
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/145374...olice-warning/

What is the Police, Crime, Sentencing and Courts Bill and how will it change protests?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56400751

The quicker this new bill comes into law the better, I'm sick and tired of these Wokie leftists riding roughshod over decent citizens lives, no more glueing themselves to tube trains, no more damaging historical monuments, no more protesting outside school gates, no more disruptive protesting about something that has happened in another country, if you don't like it here you have the option to **** off somewhere else don't you?.

Iran anyone, how about Syria, Pakistan, Yemen, lets cast the net further afield shall we, how about South America, Africa, Asia?, what! no takers, I thought there wouldn't be many, as for the left wing Labour Party and their dickhead leader Starmer they can go to hell and back before I'd consider voting for the red flag again.
Old 04-04-21, 06:22 AM   #13714
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 04-04-21, 07:20 AM   #13715
Moonlight
Admiral

There'll always be an England, I'm not one who cares for the current National Anthem but if they ever decided to change it this one would be one I could be proud of.

Old 04-04-21, 09:43 AM   #13716
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Regarding Jim's picture in post #13714 on this page.

The Leader of Labour is doing what every other politician in opposition of the government, selling their own soul for thousands of votes.

He couldn't care less about these BLM(Black Life....)

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online  
Old 04-04-21, 01:52 PM   #13717
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 04-05-21, 05:04 AM   #13718
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 04-05-21, 05:24 AM   #13719
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 04-05-21, 05:27 AM   #13720
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Laurence Fox, who got, in his own words, "excommunicated from the church of woke".

German Wikipedia:
The Hoover Institution on War, Revolution, and Peace is a think tank and library at Stanford University in California. It was founded in 1919 by the future President of the United States Herbert Hoover. The Hoover Institution has a large archive on Herbert Hoover, World War I and World War II. It is mainly financed by donations from foundations of large American corporations such as JP Morgan, General Motors, Exxon or Procter & Gamble. Since 2001 she has published the journal Policy Review.

The Hoover Institution has a major influence on the conservative and libertarian movements in the United States. Conservative members of US governments (such as Donald Rumsfeld) have given lectures at the institute. A meeting between President George W. Bush and researchers from the Hoover Institution was prevented in 2006 by students from Stanford University and other demonstrators. Fellows of the institute include or were politicians such as Margaret Thatcher, Ronald Reagan and Condoleezza Rice, but also the writer Alexander Solzhenitsyn, the economist Milton Friedman and the co-editor of the German weekly newspaper Die Zeit, Josef Joffe and guest author Andreas Umland.
Old 04-05-21, 08:52 AM   #13721
MGR1
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 252

Henry Hill opining again on Conservative Home:

Scottish Conservative supporters should not vote for ‘All for Unity'

The problem with the concept of tactical voting for the Holyrood elections is that very few people up here truly understand the voting system. As a result they vote for the same party for both constituency and list which can be counter productive, as Hill outlines. On my own part the most likely pro-UK choice for Aberdeen Donside is SLab and I will never vote for them under any circumstances so that leaves the SCons and SLibDems as my only real choices. I learned to hold my nose when voting a long time ago!

However a FPTP only system would be even worse as the Nats would be as over represented in terms of their actual vote share as they are for Westminster elections.

As an aside if you wish to see what passes for Unionist thinking in Scotland I think this site will give a very good idea: ThinkScotland.

At the end of the day the main problem that Unionists in Scotland and Northern Ireland have is English public opinion - I think it would be fair to write that English people are not, broadly, instinctively Unionist. In the UK context Unionism effectively means subordinating your own national identity (be it English, Scottish, Welsh or Northern Irish) to that of the UK of GB and NI. Put simply the UK is the bigger and stronger entity than the four Home Nations individually, hence the constant mention of the "Broad Shoulders of the Union" by Scottish Unionists to ram the point home - the much derided and resented "Too Wee, Too Poor, Too Stupid to survive on your own" argument. Not only does this not apply to England as whole economically, it's also at odds with the English tradition of rugged self-reliance. Hence the increasing degree of indifference south of the border, particularly from the political right. The way the COVID pandemic has been handled across the UK has merely exposed what are actually pre-existing tensions.

How that circle can be squared, if at all, remains to be debated in a meaningful manner.

Mike.
"I am the battleship Jean Bart. This name originates from a certain 'respected' privateer... Yes? You want to know what privateers are? Hmph, they are pirates that rob openly under the banner of their country."

Jean Bart from the mobile game Azur Lane.
Old 04-06-21, 11:38 AM   #13722
Moonlight
Admiral

This is getting bleeding ridiculous now, these bloody idiots want their independence from the UK and then give it straight to the EU, how the hell is that independence?.
Give them another referendum Bozo and let them **** off for good.

Nicola Sturgeon should demand Scottish independence talks after election, says Salmond
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...?ocid=msedgntp
Old 04-06-21, 01:38 PM   #13723
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 04-06-21, 01:56 PM   #13724
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 04-06-21, 01:57 PM   #13725
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

I have a Prime Directive I must follow.

So saying how the politicians in UK should run their shop is forbidden.

I can predict/try to predict

The question is will Scotland accept their share of UK's debt, if the Parliament agree on letting Scotland have their second referendum ?

Next question is:
If Scotlands EU's membership is a failure-Will the rest of UK let them come back into the union ?

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online  
Closed Thread

Tags
british, politics