"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-20, 10:07 PM   #2282
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160
Uploads: 0

Marin County residents have taken to howling at 8 o'clock each night to take the edge of the day during shelter-in-place.

https://omny.fm/shows/kqed-segmented...s-marin-county

David Bowie
Old 04-02-20, 10:07 PM   #2283
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

You guys are going to be whining about Trump for another four years so maybe you should pace yourselves a little.

If your complaint about Trump is that he moved too slowly against this latest Chinese plague then just imagine the glacial response you'd get with senile old Joe Biden in charge. Remember how long it took him to decide to even run for President? He brings that kind of decisiveness to this situation. Guaranteed that our body count would be much much higher because no way would he have instituted early travel bans, especially from China. I don't think he would have been able to marshal private industry either.

Of course this would have been in the fourth year of his presidency. He's already worn out and he hasn't even taken office yet. By year four he'd be completely useless. The nation would have to pray that his VP, who he picked for their gender and quite possibly their skin color over their qualifications, will be able to quickly 25th Amendment him out of the way and organize some sort of response, maybe by June or July. That's assuming that four years of tearing down our healthcare system will not have completely destroyed our ability to respond at all.
August is online   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-20, 10:15 PM   #2284
Buddahaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
...just imagine the glacial response you'd get with senile old Joe Biden in charge...
He's not the president and that is nothing but talking out of your ass like our ass in chief excels in. A complete fabrication based on wishes and vanity.

David Bowie
Old 04-02-20, 10:31 PM   #2285
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
Not surprising but yeah...

US Navy removes Captain Brett Crozier who raised alarm
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52145230

Maybe Trump will intervene in Naval affairs again and reinstate him. You never know, he's done before.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-20, 11:05 PM   #2286
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

A tale of two governors apparently one follows federal guidelines and most likely even improved upon them. The other, underestimated the danger.

California Gov. Gavin Newsom (D) said Tuesday he wants to be “cautious” about drawing conclusions about the effectiveness of the state’s social distancing efforts but that he’s more confident its health care system can handle what’s coming.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...lifornia-data/

Gov. Andrew Cuomo, a Democrat, acknowledged having underestimated how overwhelming the situation would become. "It's more dangerous than we expected," he said.

\https://www.stamfordadvocate.com/news/article/New-York-s-scramble-to-brace-for-peak-crisis-is-15172994.php

Last I read the governor of Texas and some others, like Cuomo, are going to wait and see what happens before they take it more seriously.

Back in the day I learned when laws are being developed thought also goes into law enforcement agencies ability to actually enforce it. So even if the law would be greatly beneficial if its found it cant reasonably be enforced it usually doesn't pass, because whats the point? I figure if Texas doesn't take COVID19 as serious as California did. Maybe Trump should declare martial law suspend the Posse Comitatus Act and send federal and military forces into Texas to enforce the Federal governments stay at home orders that everyone wants. Get-er-done Trump they need a savior because they cant seem to handle it themselves.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 04-02-20 at 11:35 PM.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-20, 11:51 PM   #2287
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171

Quote:
Get-er-done Trump they need a savior because they cant seem to handle it themselves.

Sub captains go down with their ship!
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-20, 12:12 AM   #2288
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
You guys are going to be whining about Trump for another four years so maybe you should pace yourselves a little.

If your complaint about Trump is that he moved too slowly against this latest Chinese plague then just imagine the glacial response you'd get with senile old Joe Biden in charge. Remember how long it took him to decide to even run for President? He brings that kind of decisiveness to this situation. Guaranteed that our body count would be much much higher because no way would he have instituted early travel bans, especially from China.

If HRC was president John Kerry or his emissary wouldn't have needed to make a desperate venture to China and convince them to release something nasty so the world could go back to trashing the USA financially business as usual pre-Trump. Not something made in a lab, something natural so as not to be able to be blamed on anyone.

If not one of those antiquated geezer democratic leadership drops dead from COVID-19 I'm gonna be very suspicious.
Old 04-03-20, 12:39 AM   #2289
Buddahaid

Again, not based on any reality, or facts, just bullcrap fantasy from the bullcrap right want-a bees. Stupid.

David Bowie
Old 04-03-20, 01:18 AM   #2290
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
A tale of two governors apparently one follows federal guidelines and most likely even improved upon them. The other, underestimated the danger.

California Gov. Gavin Newsom (D) said Tuesday he wants to be “cautious” about drawing conclusions about the effectiveness of the state’s social distancing efforts but that he’s more confident its health care system can handle what’s coming.

Wow, Rockstar saying something positive about California and its Governor...

Is that Satan I see ice skating? An has porcine aviation suddenly become a thing?...

Actually, its kind of amusing to see and hear some of the same people who, in the past, made light of or were critical of Gov. Newsom and Washington State Gov. Inslee now singing a very different tune. They were said to have been overly exaggerating the severity of Covid-19, to be reacting in a knee-jerk panic, that shutdowns were not the answer, etc. Now the rest of the country (at least the part whose state leadership is not still is besotted by the Trump Kool-Aid) is saying Newsom and Inslee were prescient in their evaluations and approaches; I don't know about prescient, nor do I know much about Inslee and his approach to the pandemic, but I do know Newsom did his homework, consulted with known experts in the field, evaluated his options and acted swiftly, without regard to the bellowing from the White House; Newsom also was fortunate to already have appointed some very qualified persons to posts that are key to fighting the problem and, since the beginning of the crisis, has added other qualified persons to augment those already on the jobs. I watch his daily updates on TV and he is straightforward, knowledgeable and deferential to those who have knowledge he does not, gives the facts without color, and has presented a strong, optimistic image, something that is reassuring to Californians. I really didn't expect much from Newsom when he got elected in 2018; he did get 61.95% of the total vote, but CA is a DEM state and the GOP candidate running against Newsom was a Trump tool, so Newsom winning was pretty predictable. But, now, with the way he has led the state in this pandemic and the way he has carried himself in public, I do believe I will be voting to reelect him as governor...

BTW, very early on, when Newsom realized respirators were going to be a very big need, he attempted to set up a sort of 'buyer's club' with the governors of other states, the idea was the states could pool their buying power and thus make purchases in bulk using the combined assets as leverage on the open market; there was some interest, but states pulled out because they were being reassured they would be taken care of, and the proposal stalled and CA went on to seek their own supplies; those reassurances came from some big, dumb orange guy in DC...

So, basically, the two states so widely derided over their Covid-19 response are now being hailed as examples...

Inslee and Newsom both took a realistic look around at the rest of the world, saw what was and wasn't; sought expert advice and took big chances, politically, that they were making the right decisions; its something leaders do...

<O>
Old 04-03-20, 04:30 AM   #2291
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Some interesting info on how other countries are dealing with Covid-19, including using police detectives...

<O>
Old 04-03-20, 05:29 AM   #2292
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Here is your daily dose of obvious truth and healthy reason.

Old 04-03-20, 05:36 AM   #2293
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEED View Post
Hey jim came across this.....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-52133766

BETTER RESPONSE TONIGHT...
Not here....only the wife and I plus a nearby neighbour who works for the NHS

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-20, 05:45 AM   #2294
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
I'll express faith in the tooth fairy before I believe that red line that represents China.

Yep

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-20, 05:48 AM   #2295
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

And another source.

Remember what I said on vacuum cleaner bags?

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan