SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-25-19, 03:41 PM   #871
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

I'd say lobbies are predominantly a symptom of capitalism trying to get more influence on politics via politicians, to help spread corruption to gain more.
No doubt that a lot fall for it, however the initiative does not lie by the politicians.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-19, 03:54 PM   #872
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

I would not differentiate this strictly between business and poltical personnel. Also, often career politicians are who opens lobbyists the doors and shut down safeties. Politicans in the end always want planned econiomies, and capitalists wanting to bypass market competition by erecting their own monopolies, also want planned eocnomies - THEIR planned economic rules and prices, that is . And thats why both groups lay in bed together. What they have in common is their strong antipathy against competiiton, free market, and liberty. They want: rule of their own rules. Commanding terms and conditions. Motives may vary in nuances, the goals are the same.
Old 10-25-19, 04:04 PM   #873
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Agreed, i was not thinking that far ahead though, just thought of Merz.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-19, 05:02 PM   #874
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

This remind me how some of my Danish friends are tired of all these career politicians

My response, as always...so why do you put your vote on these politicians.

Back to GER politics

Markus
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-19, 12:10 PM   #875
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Remark of the day, by Henryk Broder for Die Achse:

"The election in Thuringia next Sunday could cause a small earthquake, yet it is strangely quiet in the German party landscape. If you believe the polls, the majority of the Thuringians will vote for Die Linke, and AfD. No government could be formed against these two together. The totality of all parties of the old Federal Republic would have no majority for the first time.

For the old party system, that's actually what the iceberg was to the Titanic."
Elections in Thuringia, and the above came true. First computer prediction:

The former SED party Die Linke and the AFD with together 54%.
Old 10-27-19, 03:12 PM   #876
Skybird
Soaring

The "honest eleciton result", that calculates non-voters (="Nichtwähler") into the final election result.
Old 10-28-19, 06:37 AM   #877
Skybird
Soaring

Some observations from the past two years and after the past couple of state elections.

1. The two dominant mainstream parties are no more neither dominant nor mainstream.

2. The political middle ground is eroding as faster if not faster as the social middle class.

3. Merkel's recipe to embrace themes and voters of the lkeft by making the CDU lkess conservative and prolific, made another conservative actor appear who overtakes the CDU on the right, and itself becomes more and more extreme rightwinged.

4. The parties of the great coalition in Berlin get punished again and again and again.

5. The party sytem frametises more and more. The ned for impossible coalitions between potlical antagonists seems to rise - and by that only creates a can ful of olive green paint - thats what bhappens if you mix all cokours there are into one bin: you then get an olive green.

6. As a result, two new poles form out, on the left and the right wing of the spectrum.

7. While coalitions betwene natural alies are no longer claiming majorities, and citizens are not satisfied with coalitions between impossible partners, extremists become more attractive.

8. Times with no new govenrment formed up, and voted-out govenrment staying in managerial office duty, grow longer and longer. There must be a time criterion beiyond which this shopuld be seen as uncponstitutional and new elections should be called. Instead - we see what they did to form this great coalition in Berlin. IT SHOULD NOT BE THERE.

We already had most of that before. In the Weimarer Republic. It did not end nicely.
Old 10-28-19, 06:51 AM   #878
Skybird
Soaring

The Humboldt university in Berlin wants to take off the portraits of Nobel laureats and replace them with portraits of Humboldtianer*innen (yes, modern politically correct Germans speak and write this way) who showed cvil courage.

The hebephrenia of Germany wins further in pace. The times are near when everybody with an IQ above 90 will be made to feel ashamed for it. Or for being a man, not a woman. Manlings who are more girl than boy we already have more than enough.
Old 10-29-19, 03:37 PM   #879
Skybird
Soaring

KMW has delivered the first of planned 104 Leopard 2A7V MBTs to the Bundeswehr. Until 2023, the whole lot will be delivered. These are refurbished and upgraded older tanks that had been sorted out by the German and othe rEuropean nations (thats what the V stands for: Verbessert.

The tank fleet then should have 328 tanks again. How amny of them then will be in a operaitonal readiness mode, remaisn to be seen. This is one of the biggest issues of the Germna military: the very low quota of duty-ready platforms.

In 1990, there were over 2200. At that time, one MBT was produced per day, says KFW.

Amongst other improvements, the new A7V model gets newer air conditioners. Still no electric tea kettles or Wurstbräter however.

They still look sexy, but that cannot hide that their conception and basic ideas are outdated. I think Russia has good chances to claim the title for the currently best MBT, though it has it only in very small quantity (Armata). The design ideas in this one lead the way.

Old 10-30-19, 06:39 AM   #880
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

I've always rated the Leopard but I think you may be correct, they are getting a little dated now.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-19, 07:51 AM   #881
Skybird
Soaring

I leave this in German, Google is not far away. Its about a girl age 19 who finsihed school this year and reports on how political correctness and antifa hysteria has hijacked her school an destroyed her former friendships.

https://www.achgut.com/artikel/die_p...r_freundschaft

I heard of two comparable biographical cases personally. These are the reasons why I tend to shift my opinion on Fridays for Future and similiar movements towards that they are outright dangerous, since they pave the way for increasing opinion tyranny and totalitarianism - and the subjects are not even aware of it, are like under a spell. But yes, I think they turn dangerous due to thei incraisng intolerance and inability to act anything different than in total mass conformity. In the FdJ most teenagers were becasue it was the pragmatic no-escape option you had to comply with if you wnated to not ruin your life already at the start of your job or university career. But here, now, today, this sense of pragmatism is missing, instead the stuff is believed with fanatic frenzy and hysteria, feeding back on its own intolerance.

The Red Army Fraktion did not appear out of nowhere. And they enjoy sympathies until today, that even grow again nowadays.
Old 11-04-19, 10:01 AM   #882
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
The mayor of Nuremberg in Germany has attacked a far-right party for "openly racist" comments about a teenage girl picked to be a Christmas gift-bringer.

A member of Alternative for Germany (AfD) attacked Benigna Munsi, who will open the city's Christmas market.

The teen was born in Nuremberg to an Indian father and a German mother.

"You would laugh about it if you didn't know these guys are serious, but you could cry about this level of hostility," Mayor Ulrich Maly said.

He said there had been "idiotic comments" about previous children chosen for the traditional role of "Christkind" (Christ Child), but this attack had an "openly racist connotation".

A now-deleted Facebook post by an AfD district branch said that German people were being eradicated like Native Americans.

"Nuremberg has a new Christ Child. One day, we're going to go the way of the Indians," it read.

Another AfD member meanwhile provoked further criticism for writing online that the teenager's "foreign" nose was a "slap in the face to friends of tradition".
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-50287563
So much for the season of peace and goodwill to everyone

Old 11-04-19, 11:44 AM   #883
Skybird
Soaring

The Dutch had to abandon their black Piet. The Sarotti Mohr in Germany is no more. More and more often it is demanded to relabel "Weihnachtsmarkt" as "Winterfest". Girls are demanded to be allowed into boy choires. The "Weinkönigin"that gets voted for one year in many places where they farm vine kegs, should be allowed as a title for males or queers and gender things as well.

Don't be mistaken, Jim, that half-Indian girl (actually a sympathetic girl with a funny smile indeed) was not voted for due to real love for her, but because many of those voting for her, wanted to show the world their own superior moral acting again. Germans love to do that, you know. If you think this choice for that girl (with dark hair, whereas the Christkind traditionally is golden-haired) became real by the good hearts of the German voting people, you already went into the trap. Its about moral posing, and lining up with the rest of the collective. .

I wish the girl to get fun from it. Still, I am against choosing her. A Christkind has golden hair, and a Mohr is black-skinned. Throw me into the deepest abyss in hell if you want, but I swear I tell the truth.

Last edited by Skybird; 11-04-19 at 03:42 PM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-19, 01:05 PM   #884
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Point taken

Old 11-04-19, 03:45 PM   #885
Skybird
Soaring

Soon there will be the changing of the name Christkind to Winterperson*in. Anything goes these days. Or so they think.