SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-06-08, 12:01 PM   #571
runyan99
Mate

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

I was depth charged today and I noticed that the splash sounds of the charges hitting the water were always the same volume. After a while, the splashes were louder than the explosions, which seems pretty silly.
runyan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-08, 12:17 PM   #572
W4chund
Seaman

Downloads: 114
Default Modern Large Composite indestructable!

TMO 152
TMO S Boat Engine Fix
RSRDC 371 for TMO
RSRDC Patch 9
RSRDC Eyecandy Fix
#4 PE3 Ship_debris_SH4_with Bodies
#2 PE3 Special Effects for TMO
OM 301

I start a new Career in Manila with an Sargo Class ( 22 Torpedos). I finished first Patrolorder and got a new Patrol Zone SE of Formosa. I found a small Convoy with one Minesweeper, one DD, one Middle old Oiltanker, one Large Modern Composite and one Small old Oiltanker.
The Weathercondition shows Stormy Sea, light Fog. The Minesweeper detected me on 800 Yards ( Periskoplevel, Silent Running, Engine Stopped, no extended Periskope). He started a Waterbombing Run, without Bombs, passed me and got 2 Torpedohits from my Reartubes( 800 Yard Distance). After the first hit he´s spinned around like a Whirly, after the second Hit he sunk ( Magnetic Ignition).
The engaging DD got 2 Hits ( First on 1000 Yard, Second on 500 Yard), after the First he stopped and a few Minutes after the second Hit he sunk ( Magnetic Ignition).
The Middle Tanker got one Keelbreaker on 1200 Yard (Magnetic Ignition ).
I surfaced and attacked the small Tanker with Gun and Torpedo. The Torpedo detonates after 500 Yard, 400 Yards to early( Magnetic Ignition). The Small Tanker explodes in a large Fireball after 10 HE Rounds from my 3.50 Cal Cannon.
So, the Large Modern Composite, 230 AP/HE Rounds and 16 Torpedos left. Should be enough Ammo for one Vessel, i thought.

Coming to an hard End, 3 Torpedos Hit the Freighter 2 on his Left Side at 15 Ft ( Contact) and 1 beside his Rudder. Also 200 AP/HE Rounds from my Gun. 14 Torpedos were Duds or Detonate to Early.
And the Freighter escapes to Home.
W4chund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-08, 03:22 AM   #573
Don cossack
Swabbie

Downloads: 39
Default TMO and v1.4 (Tench class skin)

Hi,

I’m running SH4 (v1.4) modded with only the last dedicated Ducimus TMO. All run very fine as far as I can see.
Although, I experience a little problem with the fairwater of the Tench class submarines.
In details, it seems that the fairwater is skinned with the bow and superstructure skin (presence of limber holes)

Somebody has experienced similar thing ? How could I fix it ?
Regards
Don Cossack
Don cossack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-08, 10:13 AM   #574
groomsie
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 50
Default TMO = Sleep Deprivation

First, Thanks Ducimus and all contributors to this mod...I'm dragging today after last night because of you guys.

Before my recent vacation I downloaded TMO 1.4, but had not yet extracted it--I was mid-patrol. After troubleshooting a recent computer problem, my mod list on JSGME showed no active mods, despite them being clearly enabled. Last night I re-enabled the mods so they showed up and the game became unstable, so I disabled all mods. It was close to bedtime, so I decided maybe I'd extract TMO and enable that instead. All I can say is "Wow".

For any other relative newbies or others who haven't tried this mod (very few I'm sure), what are you waiting for? Much more variety in missions, looks good, plays nice (I like the range at current speed addition for one).

Anyway, it was 1:45 am when I finally tore myself away and went to bed and now I'm shot. But, can't wait to get home and resume my patrol.

Again, thanks to Ducimus and all who contributed to TMO. Awesome work, which seems about par for this group. Now I just need to get v1.5 purchased...
groomsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-08, 06:20 PM   #575
Vacquero
Seaman

Downloads: 25

Are all the hotkeys the same in TMO? Some things seem to be missing or changed. Is there a key chart anywhere?
Old 07-11-08, 08:26 PM   #576
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Downloads: 946
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacquero
Are all the hotkeys the same in TMO? Some things seem to be missing or changed. Is there a key chart anywhere?
This should do the trick, it's an older version, but should be ok:http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...igger+keyboard

RDP

Back in the Day

ReallyDedPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-08, 08:55 PM   #577
Lynx2069
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default Periscope Depth in Salmon Class

Is there anyway to change the depth at which the boat dives whenever I order periscope depth. The reason I ask is that it seems the Ob. Scope on the salmon class boats don't make it completely out of the water, while the Attack Scope does. The ob. scope constantly has the blurred water effect on it after ordering Periscope depth. I can generally come up about a foot or 2 (52 feet) and it corrects the problem. If someone could tell me how to adjust the depth at which i go after i order periscope depth, I'll happily adjust it to my liking. Also if I did so, would the red P. depth indicator show the adjusted depth (I know, seems miniscule to care about 2 FEET!! ) or would that require adjusting a texture.

Sorry for the wall of text, thanks in advance
Old 07-12-08, 12:30 AM   #578
Wilcke
The Old Man

Downloads: 234

Yeah its just not going to work for ya that way. One scope is shorter than the other, fact of life. So when your going down....hit the "D" key and stop at your chosen depth.

When coming up to take an observation I then extend whichever scope I am going to use to max extension and come up to where its just getting a good visual. I have just gotten used to not using that "P" key very much.

I hope that helps, happy hunting.

For the best in Fleet Boats go to: Submarine Sim Central. http://forum.kickinbak.com/index.php
Check out: A Brief Introduction to the Pacific Submarine War by Ducimus
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=128185
Operation Monsun plus OMEGU, the #1 ATO Solution for SH4!

Signature Art by Gunfighter
Wilcke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-08, 01:03 AM   #579
seaniam81
Commodore

Downloads: 87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx2069
Is there anyway to change the depth at which the boat dives whenever I order periscope depth. The reason I ask is that it seems the Ob. Scope on the salmon class boats don't make it completely out of the water, while the Attack Scope does. The ob. scope constantly has the blurred water effect on it after ordering Periscope depth. I can generally come up about a foot or 2 (52 feet) and it corrects the problem. If someone could tell me how to adjust the depth at which i go after i order periscope depth, I'll happily adjust it to my liking. Also if I did so, would the red P. depth indicator show the adjusted depth (I know, seems miniscule to care about 2 FEET!! ) or would that require adjusting a texture.

Sorry for the wall of text, thanks in advance
The reason for the ob. scope not sticking out of the water at Parascope depth is because the scope is shorter, and is used from the control room, unlike the attack scope used in the conning tower.

Now you could edit and make the subs parascope depth higher, so you can use the ob scope, but that would mean the attack scope would stick out higher too, not something you want to have, because that means more scope the japs might see too.

seaniam81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-08, 01:42 AM   #580
Lynx2069
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilcke
Yeah its just not going to work for ya that way. One scope is shorter than the other, fact of life. So when your going down....hit the "D" key and stop at your chosen depth.

When coming up to take an observation I then extend whichever scope I am going to use to max extension and come up to where its just getting a good visual. I have just gotten used to not using that "P" key very much.

I hope that helps, happy hunting.
I got to looking around in Free Cam and Realised its about 2 feet shorter....lol.

I figure I'll just adjust my depth dependent on the needs, and which scope i need.
Old 07-12-08, 06:05 AM   #581
Vacquero
Seaman

thanks reallyded, appreciated greatly.
Old 07-13-08, 07:06 AM   #582
Egon01
Helmsman

Downloads: 14

Anyone can tell me please what is "Convertion Chart" button ? When I press it nothing happens.

Thx

C'mon guys, someone must know what this button is for ...

Last edited by Egon01; 07-14-08 at 01:15 PM.
Egon01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-08, 02:26 PM   #583
Vacquero
Seaman

Egon01; If you look in the top left corner, you'll see what looks like the buttons on the gramophone. You can drag that down, and view the covertion chart.

I download 1.5 finally and decided to give TMO a go, but it won't go. I get about 100 miles from port and CTD. Plus the external camera goes wonky. Albeit, while it's running it runs better than stock. If I disable all mods and try to start SH4 up again I get the same thing. Barring redownloading TMO (I have slow internet, the hamster can only run so fast) what might be a solution of fix. I on version 1.5, have TMO, Sboat engine patch and that's about it.
Old 07-14-08, 03:13 PM   #584
Egon01
Helmsman

Downloads: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacquero
Egon01; If you look in the top left corner, you'll see what looks like the buttons on the gramophone. You can drag that down, and view the covertion chart.
Problem is I can't see any buttons in the left top corner.
Egon01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-08, 05:29 PM   #585
Vacquero
Seaman

Not even after you press the covertion chart button? Is that on 1.4 or 1.5?