SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-09, 04:01 PM   #151
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGN1 View Post
Hi makman94 or rs77,

could you please tell me all the ships which use the new particles_funnelsmoke.dat in their sim files? The reason why I ask is because Iambecomelife's Merchant Fleet Mod also adds a new particles_funnelsmoke.dat file and I would like to know/check the compatability of the two mods. Thanks in advance for the help.

Cheers, LGN1
hello LGN1,

only lc_mal and lc_mtl are using the particles_funnelsmoke.dat (and maybe more that only Rs77 knows). but don't hurry yourself becuase i have in my hands a version of ''TMT v2'' in which ALL ships are using the particles_funnelsmoke.dat .this is a project of Rs77 and maybe he wants to make some additional changes thats why he hasn't release it yet. so be patient or send him a pm

bye

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods
Old 10-02-09, 04:15 PM   #152
LGN1
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 12

Hi makman94,

thanks for the reply I wrote rs77 a pm.

Cheers, LGN1
Old 10-10-09, 10:53 AM   #153
berobispo
Helmsman

Downloads: 174
Uploads: 4

Hi makman!

thanks a lot for TMTv2, two questions though:

1. I use OLC GUI 1.2.7 with double mast values, JSGME asks me whether I want to enable doublemastvalues, because it overwrites some (only some!) files of TMTv2. I have always said yes, is this the right procedure?

2. After disabling OLC for testing purposes and re-enabling it, JSGME didn't ask me anymore if I wanted to use doublemastvalues (as described above). is this because JSGME (v.2.3.0) memorized my previous yes or did something go wrong?

Thanks!
Old 10-10-09, 11:34 AM   #154
makman94
Hellas

Quote:
Originally Posted by berobispo View Post
Hi makman!

thanks a lot for TMTv2, two questions though:

1. I use OLC GUI 1.2.7 with double mast values, JSGME asks me whether I want to enable doublemastvalues, because it overwrites some (only some!) files of TMTv2. I have always said yes, is this the right procedure?

2. After disabling OLC for testing purposes and re-enabling it, JSGME didn't ask me anymore if I wanted to use doublemastvalues (as described above). is this because JSGME (v.2.3.0) memorized my previous yes or did something go wrong?

Thanks!
hello Berobispo,
no,you will not use the doublemastvalues.
1.disable both mods and delete the olc gui 127 (i don't know what doublemasttool.exe does exactly in the files of 127,never used it)
2.reinstall the olc gui but DON'T run the doublemasttool.exe
3.open the files of olc gui and replace the AOBFOuterDisc.tga with this one : http://rapidshare.com/files/29119769...rDisc.rar.html
4.enable the olc gui 127 and then the TMT
(you will not double anything in your game .the range is where the mast value matches)

TMT'S FILES ARE NOT CONFLICTING WITH ANY FILE OF OLC GUI 127 .are you sure about that ? write down the files that jsgme is warning you to have a look please

bye

Old 10-10-09, 02:39 PM   #155
berobispo
Helmsman

Downloads: 174

thanks for the quick answer!

will do as you told as soon as I have ended my current patrol!

the strangest thing (as always when I use different mods):

I'm dead certain that JSGME showed a list of several files (I'd guess about 8) when I first enabled the Double Mast values over TMTv2 (with OLC GUI 1.2.7 enabled before, no complaints here). However, I can't recreate this now, so I can't tell you what files these exactly were, sorry.

btw.: I think double mast values creates a folder of its own, to be enabled via JSGME alone.

Cheers!
Old 11-15-09, 05:21 PM   #156
PL_Cmd_Jacek
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 207
Uploads: 0

Guys I try to prepare similar mod for Uboot Total War but I am not able to change the height of the mast. Let me give you an example:

I take Large Cargo. In roster a mast is 22.5 meters. I prepared a mission and placed docked ship 1000m ahead of my u-boot.

I use a stadimeter to check a range, so I measure the mast and received 760 meters - to low. So I calculated a new value of mast:

new value = (1000*22.5)/760 = 29.6

I open the .cfg file and change the mast value to 29.6.
Now start the mission again, in roster I have 29.6 (good). I use a stadimeter again (in the same way) and received ..... 760m - .

Why ???? Which value does the Silent Hunter takes to calculate the range of the target ?????
Old 11-15-09, 06:36 PM   #157
tomfon
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 178

Quote:
Originally Posted by berobispo View Post
I'm dead certain that JSGME showed a list of several files (I'd guess about 8) when I first enabled the Double Mast values over TMTv2 (with OLC GUI 1.2.7 enabled before, no complaints here). However, I can't recreate this now, so I can't tell you what files these exactly were, sorry.

btw.: I think double mast values creates a folder of its own, to be enabled via JSGME alone.
Yes, you're right. The doublemastvalues.exe creates a folder which contains the doubled mast values of every single ship included in the roster. You're supposed to enable this mod if you wish to run the game with OLC GUI 1.2.7. I'm suprised though by the fact that you don't know/are not already sure what this .exe does.
Anyway, maybe i didn't understand well what you wanted to say.
Bottom line: do as makman says. Replace the outer ring of the AoB ring finder and don't enable the doublemastvalues mod.

"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan

Mods for SH3
Old 11-15-09, 09:04 PM   #158
makman94
Hellas

Quote:
Originally Posted by PL_Cmd_Jacek View Post
Guys I try to prepare similar mod for Uboot Total War but I am not able to change the height of the mast. Let me give you an example:

I take Large Cargo. In roster a mast is 22.5 meters. I prepared a mission and placed docked ship 1000m ahead of my u-boot.

I use a stadimeter to check a range, so I measure the mast and received 760 meters - to low. So I calculated a new value of mast:

new value = (1000*22.5)/760 = 29.6

I open the .cfg file and change the mast value to 29.6.
Now start the mission again, in roster I have 29.6 (good). I use a stadimeter again (in the same way) and received ..... 760m - .

Why ???? Which value does the Silent Hunter takes to calculate the range of the target ?????
hello PL_Cmd_Jacek,

can you tell me exactly at which .cfg you enter the new mast value? if the new mast value is showing on the RECMANUAL ,and at the notepad after you have identify the target then you will be ok

open the files of TMT to see at which .cfgs you must enter the new value .... roster has nothing to do here

Old 11-16-09, 10:09 AM   #159
PL_Cmd_Jacek
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 207

OK I found a secret. .

I modified the proper cfg file but ....

To save my time, I changed the mast in cfg and just restart z test mission. I've just look at rec manual and value was changed but ... the value in notepad was old .

I restarted teh game and now everythink is ok. So the conclusion is that the game loads mast value for stadimeter when the game is starting but the value for rec manual when mission is starting.

Thanks Makman for your idea to look at notepad, I have just forgot about that.
Old 11-21-09, 07:23 AM   #160
LGN1
Ace of the Deep

Hi Makman94,

it seems that the draft of the NKC3 and NLUS are wrong. The values in the cfg files are from the draught in the sim files, however, from testing with torpedos it seems that the C3 has a draft of around 13.5m and the NLUS around 12.5m

It seems that if mass is not equal or close to the displacement the real draft is not necessary the draught value in the sim files.

Can anyone confirm this finding?

Cheers, LGN1
Old 11-21-09, 03:14 PM   #161
makman94
Hellas

Quote:
Hi Makman94,

it seems that the draft of the NKC3 and NLUS are wrong. The values in the cfg files are from the draught in the sim files, however, from testing with torpedos it seems that the C3 has a draft of around 13.5m and the NLUS around 12.5m

It seems that if mass is not equal or close to the displacement the real draft is not necessary the draught value in the sim files.

Can anyone confirm this finding?

Cheers, LGN1
hello LGN1,

if you had 'follow' the development of TMT ....you should know that the draft values are not checked ( i checked some only some of them to see how it was going like the ships at torpedo training for example)
draft values was directly copied from .sims like it was done from devs....meaning that if the original values are inacurate the same will go with draft values of TMT (probably ...draft values are correct...at least they are to the ships i checked)
Now, the ships you mentioned had that 'sinking' problem and their .sims was taken from stzsinkingshipfix 2.1 .Subzero had ,indeed,heavily tweaked the difference mass-dispacement at these ships and probably your theory is right . if so...i guess that all the ships from stzsinkingshipfix 2.1 needs a ckeck and probably all the others are ok
please,check them if you have some time LGN1

thank you for mentioning that

bye

Old 11-21-09, 03:41 PM   #162
LGN1
Ace of the Deep

Hi Makman94,

thanks for the reply. I checked all the merchants I found with mass not equal to the displacement (NLOL, NPPL, NLUS, NKC3) and it seems all are fine (maybe 0.2 off). Only the mentioned two are problematic. I did not check war ships. Do you think there might be a warship with a difference in mass and displacement?

Cheers, LGN1
Old 11-21-09, 03:49 PM   #163
makman94
Hellas

Quote:
Hi Makman94,

thanks for the reply. I checked all the merchants I found with mass not equal to the displacement (NLOL, NPPL, NLUS, NKC3) and it seems all are fine (maybe 0.2 off). Only the mentioned two are problematic. I did not check war ships. Do you think there might be a warship with a difference in mass and displacement?

Cheers, LGN1
.........i am afraid that will dissapoint you here ! it was long time ago and my memory is not helping me....besides that part of TMT (draft values) was taken care by Rs77 (i was only checking his progress on this...meaning if the values from .sims were copied correct to .cfgs)

Old 12-06-09, 03:30 AM   #164
Laserg
Swabbie

Downloads: 32

I got a question since a watch officer doesn't give a range to a target.
How can I estimate it in long distances, when a ship is for example 8 km away??
The uzo is useless, because the mast of a ship is way under the marks and i can not multiple them to get a range.
Old 12-06-09, 12:57 PM   #165
makman94
Hellas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laserg View Post
I got a question since a watch officer doesn't give a range to a target.
How can I estimate it in long distances, when a ship is for example 8 km away??
The uzo is useless, because the mast of a ship is way under the marks and i can not multiple them to get a range.
my wo is always giving me range to target

note that some mods are 'sinking' ships at horizon so you will not be able to 'see' the waterline
give me a pic of the situation you describe

Closed Thread