SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-04-22, 08:08 AM   #9826
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

The US sets a new statistical world record with over 1 million new infections within 24 hours (Johns Hopkins University).
Old 01-04-22, 08:36 AM   #9827
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

That means absolutely nothing to me and that means what to you? Are you honestly trying to say a virus can be stopped? Every year since the dawn of time viruses make their way through populations more so now since the ease of global travel.

Nobody cares and THAT is how the pandemic, the hysteria and funding for all the meaningless testing and statistics will end.

Fizzle sputter sputter and poof it’s over.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-22, 08:42 AM   #9828
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

DeSantis takes a crack at the lock down democrats who all flee to Florida for vacation.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/desantis-...200900978.html

Old 01-04-22, 10:05 AM   #9829
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Despite all three jabs and despite keeping social meeting to only a few people- and followed the rules of restrictions -One of my cousin got Omicron.

She wonder where she could have got it.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-22, 10:18 AM   #9830
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post

Markus
Just any random encounter with any stranger already suffices. Some virologists said that Omicron maybe could be the most infectous bug mankind ever encountered so far. The exposition times needed to get an infection with Delta mean nothing anymore here.

Point is the vaccines dramatically reduce the likelihood of hospitalization and ICU and death. Dramatically.

As for long covid, as the link I provided yestersay says, that may be a different story again. Also that reinfections after an Omicron infection got healed out are absolutely possible, and not really "rare".

----------

German energy companies have isolated critical teams in keyposts of their infrastructure in a bid to have them evading infections and quarantine, so that these vital functions of energy production can be maintained. These crews are practically "locked in" and "sealed". Also, quarantine time has been reduced to avoid that too many of the workforce in general are away from their jobs at the same time. The bad thing is, its done without a PCR test at the end of the reduced time, so one risks to have them still being infectous when sending them amongst people again. It looks as if they do not want to know about that risk, assuming that a problem not being looked at is a problem that goes away by itself. The Omokron wal is mounting up, and I get the impression they are pretty helpless and clueless in the face of it, not knowing what to do.

Augen zu, beten, und irgendwie durch.

Last edited by Skybird; 01-04-22 at 10:29 AM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-22, 10:24 AM   #9831
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Just any random encounter with any stranger already suffices. Some virologists said that Omicron maybe could be the most infectous bug mankind ever encountered so far. The exposition times needed to get an infection with Delta mean nothing anymore here.

Point is the vaccines dramatically reduce the likelihood of hospitalization and ICU and death. Dramatically.

As for long covid, as the link I provioded yestersay says, that may be a different story again. Also that reinfections after an Omicron infection got healed out are absolutely possible, and not really "rare".
She feels like she catch a light common cold.

Markus

Old 01-04-22, 10:36 AM   #9832
Skybird
Soaring

Nuke

It aint over unti the fat lady sings. DW writes (Google Translation):

The hope is growing that the omikron variant is growing rapidly rapidly, but mostly slightly milder as a delta runs, as a new variant already appears, from which we do not yet know how dangerous it is and where it has arisen.

The new variant was detected at the beginning of December at a French travel returner from Cameroon, at the hospital IHU Méditerrannée participated in Marseille. The travel returner from Cameroon should have twelve people infected in southern France.

This new B.1.640.2 called mutant has 46 mutations in an "atypical combination" and thus has some mutations more than omikron, which has 37, states in an unprocessed preprint study.

According to them, the two already known mutations N501Y and E484K in the Spike protein can be found in the new Corona variant. The mutation N501Y has been proven very early early in the Alpha variant. It causes the pathogen to bind more strongly to human cells and make it easier to spread in the body in this way.

And E484K is one of the Escape mutations, which are nesting directly in the spike protein and thus impair the effectiveness of corona vaccines.

But what these mutations mean and whether the new Corona variant B.1.640.2 is actually contagious than the originating virus SARS-COV-2, it is not really stressful on the basis of the present data and the low fall of the fall.

We also know nothing about the origin of this new variant. That B.1.640.2 has now been demonstrated for the first time at a returnee from Cameroon, does not mean that the variant was also created in the Central African country.

However, very low vaccine quotas favor the occurrence of new coronavirus mutations. According to the data of Johns-Hopkins-Universität in Baltimore (USA), the vaccination rate currently currently amounts to about 2.4 percent.

As long as the vaccination campaign is not really driven globally, new variants will always develop somewhere, which are more harmless or more dangerous. Why the new variant belongs, will show.
Old 01-04-22, 10:41 AM   #9833
Skybird
Soaring

^ https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1....24.21268174v1

-------------

And Israel claims the second booster jab/fourth vaccination again raises the number of antibodies by a factor of 5. However this must not necessarily imply a raised protection effect, they also say: more research analysis on this is needed.
Old 01-04-22, 02:57 PM   #9834
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

According to the award winning CEO and CNN donor. The only way we can return to normal is to purchase his product. Lol, imagine that. Never mind about other therapies, or what other nations are doing. Nope just stand in line and keep getting your boosters.

Old 01-04-22, 03:02 PM   #9835
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Despite all three jabs and despite keeping social meeting to only a few people- and followed the rules of restrictions -One of my cousin got Omicron.

Markus
The vaccine was never a preventative. It is designed to lessen the symptoms. Omnicron is extremely contagious. My wife and I got Omnicron at Christmas. We did all of the social distancing etc.
Old 01-04-22, 03:03 PM   #9836
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Is it possible to have herd immunity through the millions that are now being infected with Omnicron?
Old 01-04-22, 03:59 PM   #9837
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

This is a German article translated into English

Here goes

Quote:
The Germans no longer trust the corona numbers. This was the result of an INSA survey for BILD.
https://www-bz--berlin-de.translate....en&_x_tr_hl=da

hier ist das orginal

https://www.bz-berlin.de/deutschland...-corona-zahlen

Markus

Old 01-04-22, 04:12 PM   #9838
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 130

I'm seeing my Son and his whole family infected with Omni.
They all had Delta a year ago so what happened to THAT immunity?
Wife and I had Omni and I have the jabs. She doesn't.
Others near my Son are now infected.
Pretty much means damned if you do and damned if you don't.

The Lizard Under Lords want you infected for tenderizing purposes!
Old 01-04-22, 05:10 PM   #9839
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
This is a German article translated into English

Here goes

https://www-bz--berlin-de.translate....en&_x_tr_hl=da

hier ist das orginal

https://www.bz-berlin.de/deutschland...-corona-zahlen

Markus

Its because Germany trails behind hilariously in digital data transfering network technology. The countign and statistics mostly still is done with pencil and paper, and then FAX is used to send the data somewhere, or even verbally, via telephone. If it still is office time. And no holiday. And no Sunday. Service time is service time. Outside service times, in many places no counting of corona cases is done. Dienst ist Dienst und Schnaps ist Schnaps. Rules are rules.

As a result the RKI almost always trails behind with it statistics. By several days, sometimes by several weeks, as now after christmas. I mean ist just two weeks ago, its a bit too much demanded to have the numbers updated correctly by now, isn't it.

Last year, even state propaganda TV reported the statistics by Johns Hopkins University - for Germany. They were more actual and more correct. When this was realised by politicians, pressure was applied on these broadcasters to no longer give the American data for Germany, instead stick to the German RKI data (being more erratic and outdated).

In the press they still sometimes give the Johns Hopkins statistics for Germany.

Its because Germany is Germany. Correct your watches thirty years back when travelling here. They want digitalization, but unfortunately mostly in the wrong fields, whereas where it makes sense and would be a benefit, they leave it to words and dont do enough.

Beyond that: the Germans took over one decade to build a dysfunctional airport that does not function at medium and high capacity until today, was outdated when it finally was opened, costed severla times as much as projected, is a money grave, does not carry its costs, and is most cost-efficient only when almost no planes are flying from it. I promise you, this is symptomatic for "modern" Germany.

A mean joke says that the Germans asked China to build the Berlin airport for them. The Chinese said No, shuttling all their workers to Germany and then back again for just one weekend's work would not be worth it for them.

There are serious demands to dismantle the airport. Serious. We have a similiar project with an subterranen railway station in Stuttgart. And now they started talking about doing another fiasko for such a station in Frankfurt, until 2040. With declining expertise, declining worker numbers, and delcining pplanners and engineers numbers...

So, the German population has all reason not to trust the official numbers. Even the health minister said some days ago his numbers probably are 3 times too low!

Embarassing.
Old 01-04-22, 05:29 PM   #9840
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

You know a lot more about your countries mentality and what make a German ticks.
Than I do
Even though I have German genes in my blood(via my father) I do not always understand the Germans-I can laugh at German jokes, funny pictures or sketches.

Edit(instead of starting a new post)
The number of infected on our little island is really going skyrocket-Day before yesterday there was 38 infected-today(yesterday) the number is now 69-We are 59-something thousand living here.
End edit

Markus

Last edited by mapuc; 01-04-22 at 06:14 PM.

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan