SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion > Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-22-13, 10:55 AM   #16
Sunburn
Warfaresims

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0

We think it's for the better
Sunburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-13, 01:03 PM   #17
LemonA
Lieutenant

Downloads: 66

I am looking forward to a fully functional evaluation demo within a small restricted area ;)

In the subject of pricing i expect from warfaresims the worst.
Old 07-27-13, 01:13 PM   #18
Sunburn
Warfaresims

I think both these items are up to our publisher
Old 09-24-13, 09:13 AM   #19
Richard G
Mate

Downloads: 14

Well looky there, just as I thought, $80 buck for this game, $95 if you want a CD with it.

Matrix are out of their minds.
Old 09-24-13, 10:14 AM   #20
DAB
Lieutenant

Downloads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard G View Post
Well looky there, just as I thought, $80 buck for this game, $95 if you want a CD with it.

Matrix are out of their minds.
I respectfully disagree. This came up on the forum a year or two ago when people were speculating on a new Sonylists Subsim.

Basically those types of games with limited graphics and hyper-realism are only ever going to appeal to a very narrow niche. But it's a niche group who are likely to part with a lot of cash for the right product. I remember someone saying they would happily spend over $100 for a hyper realistic and customisable subsim.

It's much steeper then I would normally consider spending, but if the reviews Command are as good as the product looks then its a price I will happily pay.

DAB

Last edited by DAB; 09-24-13 at 10:28 AM.
DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-13, 10:24 AM   #21
Sunburn
Warfaresims

The first previews & reviews are in:

http://news.usni.org/2013/09/24/game...cessor-harpoon

http://www.informationdissemination....air-naval.html
Old 09-24-13, 10:25 AM   #22
Chief
Watch

Downloads: 6
Default Command:and possible good stuff

Looking forward to this one. Hope they abbreviate the Title.

Chief
Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-13, 10:26 AM   #23
Sunburn
Warfaresims

We once had someone suggest "Debbie Does Falklands". It was a good laugh.
Old 09-24-13, 11:58 AM   #24
Piiman
Swabbie

Downloads: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAB View Post
I respectfully disagree. This came up on the forum a year or two ago when people were speculating on a new Sonylists Subsim.

Basically those types of games with limited graphics and hyper-realism are only ever going to appeal to a very narrow niche. But it's a niche group who are likely to part with a lot of cash for the right product. I remember someone saying they would happily spend over $100 for a hyper realistic and customisable subsim.

It's much steeper then I would normally consider spending, but if the reviews Command are as good as the product looks then its a price I will happily pay.

DAB
When you price it like that you force it to be a niche market that only the hardcore will buy. I'm more of a casual war gamer and would have gladly bought it for 49.99 but 80.00+ NO WAY. If this was on Steam for 49.99 they would have sold more games in a day than Matrix will probably ever sell at that price.
Piiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-13, 03:40 PM   #25
Zander
A-ganger

Downloads: 346

Bought it today.
Zander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-13, 09:32 PM   #26
helm123
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 0

Too expensive for me. Best of luck to the developers but I don't see this moving many units.
helm123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-13, 02:33 AM   #27
Sunburn
Warfaresims

Hi guys,

We are very happy both with the sales and even more important the reception & feedback we are getting. The vibe out there is nothing short of amazing.

We are perfectly fine with folks waiting to read reviews, hear opinions from their friends etc. before they buy, as we are now more certain than ever that they will like it (the reviewers/previewers already love it). This is not a mainstream title with a limited shelf/spotlight life so we're not in a race to get lots of sales fast "or else". We're gonna be around literally for years.

We'd like to thank everyone who has liked our game regardless of whether they bought it (/are going to buy it) or not. The air/nav genre has been waiting for a title like this for more than a decade and the time has come. Truly a historic day!
Old 09-25-13, 08:17 AM   #28
Piiman
Swabbie

Downloads: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunburn View Post
Hi guys,

We are very happy both with the sales and even more important the reception & feedback we are getting. The vibe out there is nothing short of amazing.

We are perfectly fine with folks waiting to read reviews, hear opinions from their friends etc. before they buy, as we are now more certain than ever that they will like it (the reviewers/previewers already love it). This is not a mainstream title with a limited shelf/spotlight life so we're not in a race to get lots of sales fast "or else". We're gonna be around literally for years.

We'd like to thank everyone who has liked our game regardless of whether they bought it (/are going to buy it) or not. The air/nav genre has been waiting for a title like this for more than a decade and the time has come. Truly a historic day!
So how many got to the checkout/price pages and never finished buying? That might be a stat you should be interested in. But then again Matrix seems to be a company that enjoys overcharging war game fans and keeping the genre as a niche market for only the truly dedicated. Oh well the devs seem to have the same thought process so good luck. One of them on Youtube told me the game is a "love letter" to the genre fans and basically didn't care how many they sold to those that weren't their hardcore fans.
Piiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-13, 09:06 AM   #29
Herman
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 269
Uploads: 1046

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piiman View Post
So how many got to the checkout/price pages and never finished buying? That might be a stat you should be interested in. But then again Matrix seems to be a company that enjoys overcharging war game fans and keeping the genre as a niche market for only the truly dedicated. Oh well the devs seem to have the same thought process so good luck. One of them on Youtube told me the game is a "love letter" to the genre fans and basically didn't care how many they sold to those that weren't their hardcore fans.
I agree that it will remain a niche market and that Matrix' activities will keep it so. However, they are not obligated to expand the market, either. If they want to remain a big fish in a small pond, that is their prerogative.

I think you also nailed the Dev attitude, too: Play the game this way and no other.

1) Enjoy creating it
2) Enjoy playing it
3) Enjoy sharing it
4) Enjoy helping others create them

The PlayersDB - The Harpoon Community's #1 Choice.

Harpoon3 Frequently Asked Questions
Herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-13, 10:22 AM   #30
Sunburn
Warfaresims

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piiman View Post
I'm the guy who responded to you and that's not what I "basically" said. Twisting a person's argument to fit your point is rude. Don't do that.

What I _did_ say, and what I have been consistently saying, is that:

1) We are addressing a very specific crowd: People who grok air/naval ops as we do. Are we interested in introducing more people into this? Yes. This doesn't mean we're targeting e.g. the GTA hordes (who will never be interested in such a game in the first place, regardless of price). Does this make us elitists? I don't think so.

2) We are not in a rush to sell x copies early. We're here for the long run. If someone buys Command on the first day, great. (Zander - have fun!). If they wait (because they are put off by the price) for reviews, comments from friends etc. and (later, possibly much later) they like it enough to buy it, great. If they don't like it enough, well, to each his own.

Is Command worth its price? We think it does. Many people agree. Others don't. Others are yet undecided, waiting to hear from others. This is exactly what happens with every new game on the market, whether it's a $3 mobile game or the $125 Steel Beasts.

I have no other comment on price. I am here to discuss the game.

Last edited by Sunburn; 09-25-13 at 10:44 AM.