Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default tulta, tulta, tulta!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly
LMAO! Perkele to you too, mate.
Kiitos paljon!

to be honest, I am trying to learn Finnish, which is a challenge really
Having met a Finnish lady in Stockholm, and we have been together for 2 yrs now..We build a wood-fired timber sauna here this summer, so she will soon move to my place for the rest of our lives! She was born in Vaasa.

nice to meet you,

Sgt Hotcliff

ps, I have /seen the dvd's Winter war "Talvisota" , Unknown soldier "Tuntematon Sotilas" , "Framom främsta linjen", Ambush "Rukajärven tie" and "Tali-Ihantala 1944"..I watch and read all I can find about the heroic Finns!
ds

'Just a cool Swedish"Strv122"
http://www.kamratoff.se/images/Strv%20122%20sand.jpg

"A warrior accepts defeat
He does not treat it as a matter of indifference, nor does he try to make a victory of it” (P.Coehlo)

Sgt Hotcliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-08, 07:07 AM   #2
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Hotcliff
Quote:
LMAO! Perkele to you too, mate.
Kiitos paljon!

to be honest, I am trying to learn Finnish, which is a challenge really
Having met a Finnish lady in Stockholm, and we have been together for 2 yrs now..We build a wood-fired timber sauna here this summer, so she will soon move to my place for the rest of our lives! She was born in Vaasa.

nice to meet you,

Sgt Hotcliff
Well, you need a fricking sauna! As for learning finnish, good luck! It has to be one of the hardest to learn in the world, so different from other languages. But you'll learn it eventually, just keep on practising.

Quote:
ps, I have /seen the dvd's Winter war "Talvisota" , Unknown soldier "Tuntematon Sotilas" , "Framom främsta linjen", Ambush "Rukajärven tie" and "Tali-Ihantala 1944"..I watch and read all I can find about the heroic Finns!
ds
My all time favorite has to be the Winter War, tho hope my new GF dont see me saying that! She's one patriotic twut, would prolly kick me in the nuts as she's a huge Unknown Soldier fan. She cries everytime she hears the Finlandia Hymn... :p

The new Tali-Ihantala 1944 was bit of a disappointment, didnt like the cast one bit and the acting was horrendous in places.

Framom främsta linjen, I liked alot too, tho abit over-dramatic at times, but still a good watch.
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-08, 07:32 AM   #3
Sgt Hotcliff
Naval Tank
Commander

Quote:
Well, you need a fricking sauna! As for learning finnish, good luck! It has to be one of the hardest to learn in the world, so different from other languages. But you'll learn it eventually, just keep on practising.
yes, a finnish timber sauna was a small price for getting a lovely blond finnish woman to move from Stockholm to west coast Sweden! *L*
About the learning finnish..I realize it is more complicated than any piping stress analyzys!..beeing a Hungarian-related language with a strange history I am fascinated ..it will really test my learning skills..
Hopefully, I will be able to say more than "voisitko puhua hitaammin, ei ymmere" (please talk slower..I don't understand)

Quote:
My all time favorite has to be the Winter War, tho hope my new GF dont see me saying that! She's one patriotic twut, would prolly kick me in the nuts as she's a huge Unknown Soldier fan. She cries everytime she hears the Finlandia Hymn... :p
you have to keep "Talvisota" in secret! Besides, I was not so impressed about Tali-Ihantala either..rather a bit disappointed. I liked better the acting of Tobias Zilliacus and Ilkka Heiskanen in "framom främsta linjen". But I have to support your G/F there too.."Rokka" the man from Karelen was great in "Unknown soldier".

Did you hear that the story of the finnish man Lauri Törni soon will become a movie? The legend, the man who almost created "The Green Berets".."Larry Thorne" as he called himself in US..His body was found in Vietnam 1999, having been there since 1965..a very interesting story.

"hey-hey, My-my..rock and roll will never die" ( Neil Young)

til later,

Perkele!

Sgt Hotcliff

He does not treat it as a matter of indifference, nor does he try to make a victory of it” (P.Coehlo)

Old 10-12-08, 07:43 AM   #4
Sgt Hotcliff
Naval Tank
Commander

Default finnish "sisu"

without comments..just enjoy!

Old 10-12-08, 07:48 AM   #5
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Did you hear that the story of the finnish man Lauri Törni soon will become a movie? The legend, the man who almost created "The Green Berets".."Larry Thorne" as he called himself in US..His body was found in Vietnam 1999, having been there since 1965..a very interesting story.

"hey-hey, My-my..rock and roll will never die" ( Neil Young)

til later,

Perkele!

Sgt Hotcliff
Yeh, I heard they were planning on making a movie out of him. Going to be a challenge if they want to cover everything he did. Too bad there havent been a movie about the sniper, Simo Häyhä, that would be interesting to see.
Old 10-12-08, 07:58 AM   #6
Sgt Hotcliff
Naval Tank
Commander

Quote:
Too bad there havent been a movie about the sniper, Simo Häyhä, that would be interesting to see.
I have never heard about Simo Häyhä!..tell me more please..

Have only one "heroe" in this field, Carlos Hathcock US , "Marine Sniper" read his book and biography documentary..

I personally, just love the sniper works..been there myself at the edges of sniping cause of my hunting experiences..still find it hard at 300 meters..reading about 1000yds and beyond..

My prefs in this field is Sako rifles and Lapua ammo..Vihtavoori gun powder..all Finnish quality products !

stay sharp!

Old 10-12-08, 08:58 AM   #7
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Quote:
Too bad there havent been a movie about the sniper, Simo Häyhä, that would be interesting to see.
I have never heard about Simo Häyhä!..tell me more please..
You gotta be kidding me!

Simo Häyhä was a sniper during the Winter War, tallied well over 500 during the war, used only iron sights and sometimes even the Suomi SMG to snipe. Farthest kill just over 400m without a scope and still has the largest amount of confirmed sniper kills in the world.

Hard to find anything in english about him, but try this :rotfl:
http://www.badassoftheweek.com/hayha.html

Few more on a more serious tone:
http://www.kevos4.com/Simo_Hayha.htm
http://www.snipercountry.com/BVT_Rev...nenKuolema.asp
Old 10-12-08, 09:31 AM   #8
Sgt Hotcliff
Naval Tank
Commander

Sniper Simo Häyhä

Quote:
You gotta be kidding me!

Simo Häyhä was a sniper during the Winter War, tallied well over 500 during the war, used only iron sights and sometimes even the Suomi SMG to snipe. Farthest kill just over 400m without a scope and still has the largest amount of confirmed sniper kills in the world.
thank's a lot Dowly for the enlightment!
You know, Sweden has a history of not letting it's citizens know to much other than what the politicians want!..(Social-Democracy)
Our history books hardly mention the Finnish struggle and not to mention our volonteers..thousands of Swedish men went to fight with your men!
Sadly to say, my country has always been trying to stay away from getting involved in anything requiring military asistance or force..they used diplomacy and acted like cowards I think. Ever since we lost Finland to Russia in 1809 , we have relied on Finland to protect us from the Red Devil!
It's a deep subject this and I guess maybe others will be annoyed about our discussions online here, so I cut it short.

Anyway, thanks a lot for the info about world's greatest sniper, Simo Häyhä!.. and I will read more on him..very interesting! What is US Carlos Hathcock's 98 confirmed kills against Simo's 542?

luoppo,

Sgt Hotcliff

ps, Finland is even today keeping Sweden's defenses..with a population much smaller, a budget much lower, you can muster 3 times our reserve forces!..while we are building billion dollar JAS-airplanes!

I am planning on applying for Finnish citizenship!

ds

Old 10-12-08, 09:41 AM   #9
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Lol, welcome to Finland then. :p

Anyways, let's stop the OT talk.
Old 10-12-08, 09:47 AM   #10
Sgt Hotcliff
Naval Tank
Commander

end of subject

Yepp!

Kiitos paljon!..one day we will move there to Bergö outside Vaasa..a small timber house with a sauna close to the sea..

"missä on hiekkaranta?" :rotfl:

end of subject then.

Sgt Hotcliff