SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-06-12, 03:07 AM   #571
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Is this a problem ?

THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-12, 03:47 AM   #572
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

If you check the total germany harbors validations and then explore the ships you will see multiple ships sitting on top of each other . You can drag them away from each other . Thats why the validator gives the warning abaout being too close to each other . Also i was sick of that you have been detected warning when trying to run the simulator . I deleted the docked subs (with the red surfaced writing) and now i dont get that warning .

Last edited by THE_MASK; 02-06-12 at 04:01 AM.
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-12, 04:08 AM   #573
uekel
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 2

Hi sober!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
If you check the total germany harbors validations and then explore the ships you will see multiple ships sitting on top of each other . You can drag them away from each other . Thats why the validator gives the warning abaout being too close to each other .
There is one point, that the Mission editor seems not care. They close to each other (or stacked), but at different times. Example: "Admiral Hipper" in Brest. Three times, but always for a short time. Never interleaving. The validation give an alert.

Last edited by uekel; 02-06-12 at 04:22 AM.
uekel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-12, 12:52 PM   #574
Rongel
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 174
Uploads: 0

Great work Trevally, really nice to see that you are upgrading the OH II continuously!

It will be really nice to get some Wolfpack-action in to the game (eventhough the sub AI will make some odd choises at times).

Quote:
Here is one for Rongel AI scope attacked by DD cannons
You hit the soft spot there!
Rongel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-12, 02:04 PM   #575
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maki4444 View Post
So I had sort of an Idea.....you sometimes add new ships in the OHII series right?? Well everyone is fascinated by Uekel's mtns mod as am I, really amazing stuff.....however many people like me are having various problems. So I am wondering could the whole thing function better if you would just integrate Uekel's ships into the OHII mod?? Maybe it could take up less memory or just be more stable. I have no clue about modding but I just had this idea. Since it's always bette to have one mod than 7 mods.....no disrespect to Uekel ofcourse.
Hi Maki and thanks for your post

The good thing about how the campaign uses any ship in the game is by its type. This means the campaign can be writen to use these types and never needs a ship named.
So when mod makes make new ships - the campaign can call them in by type with no need to edit anything. This makes it real easy to add ships (if you can make them) as no changes to campaign is needed.

With Uekels fix for OHII and MTNS with harbour improv - there are terrain changes and fixed possition ships that need editing - so Uekels fix is required as it is much more than a ship mod
Old 02-06-12, 02:37 PM   #576
gambla
Gunner

Downloads: 43
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevally. View Post
Thanks Gambla - this is very helpfull

As you will see in the Screen shots I will post soon - I have this all wrong.
The setup I have is to join the wolfpack last and it is then given the go ahead from BdU to attack.
Our nice formation soon turns to every boat for itself (so I guess this is ok and can stay in). U-boat run hard on surface until the are close enough to shoot or if they are spotted and fired upon - they dive to scope. Attack are Fächer (fan) from each boat as they can.
They then dive deep to reload before comming around to fire again.

So if I change it to the following:-

Arrive at hidden map zone.
Spawn convoy at limit of sight.
Inform player to shadow convoy and send reports every 2 hrs
After set distance (unknown to player) another mapzone will trigger
This trigger will inform player the Boats are forming and continue to shadow and report.
Player hits next trigger map area.
This trigger spawns the wolfpack and informs wolfpack to attack.

How does this sound
How long should player shadow before I set the next action - how real do we want this. Will player follow this contact sending reporst for days? Or would a few hours be ok? Any suggestions would be good.
What about the end of the attack - just sneak away or should there be any messages here?

Hi Trevally,

i'm not into modding, so i only can help a little with what i've learned about the u-boat war. If the game engine allows and you can mod it, then it should go like this:

- Player discovers convoy or gets message to intercept the convoy (RL)
- Player should shadow convoy for random 4 - 8 hours at distance of 4000 m, depends on day/night/weather (Real Life: 2 - 4 days ?)
- Player should send status message every 2 hours (RL: 4 hours, course changes)
- BdU informs Player about wolfpack ready and the go for the attack (RL)
- wolfpack spawns around the convoy (RL: the boats only knew about each other's position by sighting or typical sound of propeller)
- Player /wolfpack leaves if no torpedos left or boat damaged (RL)
Old 02-06-12, 02:55 PM   #577
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Quote:
Why not wait until TDW finishes his GR2 Editor/Viewer/Extractor/Importer then do a major rewrite with new added models .

In the meantime what about more elcos in some enemy ports to make it harder/more realistic . Why not use nodes for the harbor traffic ?

Rambling on again , what would be good if some missions were random when entering the mission map screen at the beginning of a patrol . Sometimes its eastern approaches , sometimes some other mission . If we could just have the insert spy at diffrent locations then that would be great . No idea how this could be done as usual .
Hi Sober
Adding new models for OHII is no problem and can be done easily at any time

Random objective would be hard to do and would require someone who can write scripts to add this - but I think it could be done.

The campaign cfg (this controls when and what objective) could have a code added that would say " this objective can or cant be randomised". You would not want ones that match historical dates to change - but others could be. It is only the date in the cfg that would need to be re-written by the script.

The same would go for the missions - these are set by order in the list - so could be shuffled by script.

Want to try http://www.korokithakis.net/tutorials/python/
Old 02-06-12, 03:00 PM   #578
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Quote:
Sorry to be a PITA but its just a question .
I loaded OH2 1.6 and checked the mission editor 2 validator . I checked the weserubung layer and it has these warning errors . thanks for all your hard work btw .

also in harbors layer
WARNING: Unit Hipper too close to the unit Hipper (current distance 1.0, minimum 300.0)
WARNING: Unit Hipper too close to the unit Hipper (current distance 3.2, minimum 300.0)
WARNING: Unit Hipper too close to the unit Hipper (current distance 2.2, minimum 300.0)
WARNING: Unit Hipper too close to the unit Hipper (current distance 2.8, minimum 300.0)
WARNING: Unit Hipper too close to the unit _GE CA Admiral Hipper#9 (current distance 3.2, minimum 300.0)
WARNING: Unit Hipper too close to the unit _GE CA Admiral Hipper#9 (current distance 1.4, minimum 300.0)
WARNING: Unit _GE CA Admiral Hipper#10 too close to the unit _GE CA Admiral Hipper#11 (current distance 5.0, minimum 300.0)
WARNING: Unit _GE CA Admiral Hipper#10 too close to the unit _GE CA Admiral Hipper#12 (current distance 1.0, minimum 300.0)
WARNING: Unit _GE CA Admiral Hipper#11 too close to the unit _GE CA Admiral Hipper#12 (current distance 4.5, minimum 300.0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by uekel View Post
Hi sober!
There is one point, that the Mission editor seems not care. They close to each other (or stacked), but at different times. Example: "Admiral Hipper" in Brest. Three times, but always for a short time. Never interleaving. The validation give an alert.
As uekel has said - these are apart by date.

The errors you see in weserubung are because it is a one way map node system - so all the ships that leave Orkney and Germany goto Norway and do not come back. They will delete at end of waypoint. So this means that the common map nodes are not used and the ships must go where we want them.
Due to this - the errors are shown but will not effect the game
Old 02-06-12, 03:06 PM   #579
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Quote:
What happens if you load the ME2 and right click the tutorial mission so thats the only one showing and then select isTutorial = False .
Then rewrite the first campaign ? Do we end up with no tutorial but just a normal campaign ?
Sorry - I have no idea what this does
Old 02-06-12, 03:15 PM   #580
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormfly View Post
Trevally,

why are these BDU wolfpack radio messages not captured by TDW radio mod, normaly all BDU messages should be captured (not displaying as / in the vanilla radio message UI area) and instead displayed in TDW radio window.
Hi Stromfly

When I set a message to be triggered by map area - I can not get it ro work in TDWs radio mod.
I can get it to work in ME2 - so I use that. The message will also be sent using TDWs radio if you use his UI or radio mod. But it doesnt see that it is a campaign message, so no red background. It also follows the rules for recieving - so if you have the options set to 20%, there is only 1 in 5 going to be shown in his message box.
When this happens - you get the message in the stock message box.

Quote:
...i would like to have a test version of the new triggered wolfpack version
Yes sure, I will pm you a link later
Remember that it is still just the test version I make the pics for.
But some feed back on how I should set the new wolf attacks to would be good.

I am already thinking that I should mix how I do this - so that sometimes you are the shadow and other times you are arriving just before the attack
Old 02-06-12, 03:24 PM   #581
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Quote:
That is

You have a German port attached to scapa

that is not part of OHII - is it stock
Old 02-06-12, 03:28 PM   #582
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by uekel View Post
Hi Trevally!

Hehe

I thought you are busy and, do the same with the difference that you get the point, if you skip tutorial. The missions added by the game because I play it currently. I use the old name, maybe later we have more missions in baltic sea.

But now I see your solution and I think that your´s better.
Looks great Uekel - great minds think alike

Yes - im sure this could be made bigger, even if some extra traffic was added for these early months
Old 02-06-12, 03:30 PM   #583
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Quote:
Is this a problem ?
Where is that Is it ScapaFlow? - if so, it will be your german port that is stuck there
Old 02-06-12, 03:37 PM   #584
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Quote:
If you check the total germany harbors validations and then explore the ships you will see multiple ships sitting on top of each other . You can drag them away from each other . Thats why the validator gives the warning abaout being too close to each other . Also i was sick of that you have been detected warning when trying to run the simulator . I deleted the docked subs (with the red surfaced writing) and now i dont get that warning .
My first rule for using ME2 is "never run the validator"

No it is just like TDWs validator in that it will rightly flag these warnings - but some you can ignor
Old 02-06-12, 03:41 PM   #585
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by gambla View Post
Hi Trevally,

i'm not into modding, so i only can help a little with what i've learned about the u-boat war. If the game engine allows and you can mod it, then it should go like this:

- Player discovers convoy or gets message to intercept the convoy (RL)
- Player should shadow convoy for random 4 - 8 hours at distance of 4000 m, depends on day/night/weather (Real Life: 2 - 4 days ?)
- Player should send status message every 2 hours (RL: 4 hours, course changes)
- BdU informs Player about wolfpack ready and the go for the attack (RL)
- wolfpack spawns around the convoy (RL: the boats only knew about each other's position by sighting or typical sound of propeller)
- Player /wolfpack leaves if no torpedos left or boat damaged (RL)
Thanks Gambla - this is the info I am looking for.
Can I also send you the new wolfpack attack as a mod for testing and suggestions.
It will be JSGME ready to install last in your list on top of OHIIv1.6.
After installing you would need to start a new test career and use Silentotto to select the campaign black pit - the the wolfpack objective.

After game loads - just play like you would any campaign objective

Tags
awesome, campaign, graf zeppelin, harbour, new bases, new ships, ohii