Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-03-20, 07:19 AM   #3571
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Thanks for your lecturing, i guess we prefer things as they are here. https://usafacts.org/data/topics/sec...irearm-deaths/
There you are! I got worried buddy. I missed all the lecturing in the U.S. politics thread. I find it disconcerting that when something like this happens you fall silent. Is this the 'if you dont look at it, it will go away' tactic?

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-20, 07:31 AM   #3572
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
There you are! I got worried buddy. I missed all the lecturing in the U.S. politics thread. I find it disconcerting that when something like this happens you fall silent. Is this the 'if you dont look at it, it will go away' tactic?
Yes I gave up, and after all it's your funeral. "Situation hopeless but not serious".

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.

Last edited by Catfish; 11-03-20 at 08:00 AM.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-20, 07:54 AM   #3573
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Give it a rest, guys. Rockstar has a point there. Especially a German should see it, because always when criminal weapon use makes headlines, the demands come up over here that legal, law-abiding weapon owners in Germany should be confronted since the criminals cannot be confronted but somebody should be held accountable - so why not legal license holders having done nothing wrong? But even tighter gun laws and mobbing of sport shooters do nothing to prevent gun crime and illegal gun ownership and -use. The Muslim murderers in Vienna used assault rifles, apparently AK47s, so say witnesses. Which you obviously cannot just buy in any shop over here. And swords, knives: criminal statistic in Germany shows that the number of knife crmines with serious injuries and loss of liove have increased by severla factors. And most of them, the hiuge lion's share, has been committed by newly arrived foreigners. Thats a fact that the police and federal police is very clear about. Newly arrived foreigners are overrepresented in many categories of crime statiscs, and often by several factors. Its comparable in Sweden. Netherlands. France. England.
Old 11-03-20, 08:02 AM   #3574
Catfish

You think so? https://de.statista.com/statistik/da...h-ausrichtung/ https://www.bmi.bund.de/SharedDocs/p...s-2019-pm.html But yes, it is a problem. Even if we have more right-wing murders and assassinations each one is too many. Anyone behaving in such a way has to be tried before court and, in case of illegal foreigners, to be deported. But this is pretty useless if anyone can enter the country again the next day. Quite good analysis: https://www.zeit.de/gesellschaft/202...lamismus-islam

Last edited by Catfish; 11-03-20 at 08:16 AM.
Old 11-03-20, 08:19 AM   #3575
Skybird
Soaring

I am referring to a press conference of the Federal Police from I think later summer this year, which presented it as I described it, and which was not challenged even in political circles. And it has been like this since years, since 2016 or 2017. Ministries' announcements I take with superbig grains of salt these days.
Old 11-03-20, 08:27 AM   #3576
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
You think so? https://de.statista.com/statistik/da...h-ausrichtung/ https://www.bmi.bund.de/SharedDocs/p...s-2019-pm.html But yes, it is a problem. Even if we have more right-wing murders and assassinations each one is too many. Anyone behaving in such a way has to be tried before court and, in case of illegal foreigners, to be deported. But this is pretty useless if anyone can enter the country again the next day. Quite good analysis: https://www.zeit.de/gesellschaft/202...lamismus-islam
Once they're in your country they're your problem because unless you have a MOU with the country of origin they dont want them back.
Quote:
Even if we have more right-wing murders and assassinations each one is too many.
Wasnt it you calling for the death by hanging of some politician in Belarus? Weren't you the one admiring RAF assassinations of suspected former nazis? What makes your extremist left wing assassins and point of view so much holier than the extremist right?

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-20, 08:36 AM   #3577
Catfish

To answer your questions: No.

Last edited by Catfish; 11-03-20 at 10:29 AM.
Old 11-03-20, 08:51 AM   #3578
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Once they're in your country they're your problem because unless you have a MOU with the country of origin they dont want them back. Wasnt it you calling for the death by hanging of some politician in Belarus? Weren't you the one admiring RAF assassinations of suspected former nazis? What makes your extremist left wing assassins and point of view so much holier than the extremist right?
Assuming that MOU is what I assume it is, I must tell you that even countries with whom we have MOUs, they usually do not take back their citizens if they commit crimes or turn out to be religious extremists or terrorists. Turkey, the states in North africa, the distant Middle East: they do all what they can to not take them back, and usually they win. Most asylum seekers whose request got rejcted, are staying in Germany nevertheless, only a tiny little fraction of them indeed leave voluntarily or after getting paid for leavign (!) or leave by getting forced by police. Of all three groups, quite some re-enter a second and third time later on, and try again. Most asylum seekers who get rejected, simply stay, illegally, or are tolerated by regional political entities, or get shaltered by churches. That's why it is so important to move asylum procedures away from German and European soil and have them being conducted outside our borders, in the countries where the asylum seekers come from: North African countries, Turkey. A rejected asylum request usually means not at all that the rejected person leaves or gets deported. That happens only in the small minority of cases. The German's own fault. They put too much trust in treaties with palces of origins. Namely Turkey, but North African states do not want anyone back, too, and simply refuse to take them back. - In my opinion the whole asylum law system must be scrapped and rewritten, far more restrictively. Currently it is a loud and big invitation for abuse.
Old 11-03-20, 11:17 AM   #3579
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

UK terrorism threat level raised to severe, meaning an attack is highly likely.

I wonder what is making them think that way (confused smiley)

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-20, 11:54 AM   #3580
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

I'm so tired...not on the politicians, but on my fellow voters.

All they do every time there's a terror attack somewhere in Europe or in other part of the Western part of the world, is complaining about their elected politician...Until there's an election, then they(the voters) run to the assign voting station and put a vote on their beloved politicians/party..

Markus
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-20, 06:06 AM   #3581
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Despite arresting fourteen people in relation to the Vienna killing of four people the authorities now believe the gunman may have acted alone.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-54798679

Old 11-06-20, 09:08 AM   #3582
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
German police have searched the homes of four men over suspected links with a militant Islamist gunman who shot dead four people in central Vienna.

Police say the men are not considered suspects but they did have contact with the attacker and two met him in person.

A number of suspects are still being held in Austria, but officials are following up leads in Switzerland too.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-54838017
The net is widening.

Old 11-09-20, 05:13 PM   #3583
Gerald
SUBSIM Newsman

Downloads: 548

Default Militant Islamists 'behead more than 50' in Mozambique

Quote:
More than 50 people have been beheaded in northern Mozambique by militant Islamists, state media report.

The militants turned a football pitch in a village into an "execution ground", where they decapitated and chopped bodies, other reports said.

Several people were also beheaded in another village, state media reported.

The beheadings are the latest in a series of gruesome attacks that the militants have carried out in gas-rich Cabo Delgado province since 2017.
Quote:
The gunmen chanted "Allahu Akbar" ("God is greatest", in English), fired shots, and set homes alight when they raided Nanjaba village on Friday night, the state-owned Mozambique News Agency quoted survivors as saying.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-54877202

Islamists continue their deadly hunt.

Marie Curie

Gerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-20, 01:34 PM   #3584
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Too early to say if this is terrorism-related but an awful state of affairs nonetheless.

Old 12-01-20, 01:43 PM   #3585
Skybird
Soaring

Most likely no terrorism (Nazi, Islam), but a psychological drama. Bad childhood, bad family, bad temper, loss of a basis after mother's death, no future, alcolhic, lived in the car, drank. He seems to be at war with the mere fact that he exits and lives.

Tags
terrorism