SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-13-13, 03:47 PM   #1096
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 374
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navuhodonosor View Post
I do not want CTD-ing in the middle of the campaign.
whether you want or don't want but they will.. it's SHV..

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
volodya61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-13, 04:04 PM   #1097
alphasephirot
Watch

Downloads: 122

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk065 View Post
Hi sober. Great mod! I was wondering if you thought of including mtns - more traffic nations and ships also?

It would be nice for more immersion.
Oh, that would be great!!!
alphasephirot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-13, 04:24 PM   #1098
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 374

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk065 View Post
Hi sober. Great mod! I was wondering if you thought of including mtns - more traffic nations and ships also?

It would be nice for more immersion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphasephirot View Post
Oh, that would be great!!!
NewUIs + MTNS + OHII = CTD's - too hard to the game
only NewUIs + OHII or MTNS + OHII will work properly..

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
volodya61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-13, 10:32 PM   #1099
Belgarion
Watch

Downloads: 53

gents is there anyway to get the mods at once from someone who has it on their harddrive?

my game always crashed so I never gave silent hunter 5 a serious shot! (now upgraded system)

I find it ridiculous however to pay 10-20 dollars and then find out this game is still unplayable for me! I only come on subsim for silent hunter 5. (not enough time to come on here more)

anyway PM if someone is willing! otherwise I will have to use the MMM mod.
Belgarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-13, 11:10 PM   #1100
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgarion View Post
gents is there anyway to get the mods at once from someone who has it on their harddrive?

my game always crashed so I never gave silent hunter 5 a serious shot! (now upgraded system)

I find it ridiculous however to pay 10-20 dollars and then find out this game is still unplayable for me! I only come on subsim for silent hunter 5. (not enough time to come on here more)

anyway PM if someone is willing! otherwise I will have to use the MMM mod.
You only need to download them once .
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-13, 11:44 PM   #1101
Belgarion
Watch

yes now I can download 3/4 per day? and I believe you have around 50 mods that are on subsim

50/3= couple weeks!

MMM has his modspackage hosted on another site for examble

and paying 10 dollars to get the files seems a waste of money to me personally when I am probably still going to crash with my new system!

On a side note: donating to a site is different but requesting money to be able to download the files, I am morally objected too. if it gets to expensive then subsim should request that people host their files somewhere else, for instance: moddb/filefront to name a few. There are loads of alternatives
Old 01-14-13, 06:30 AM   #1102
Navuhodonosor
Engineer

Downloads: 54

Quote:
yes now I can download 3/4 per day? and I believe you have around 50 mods that are on subsim

50/3= couple weeks!
Well my friend, that is like a good hunt in the atlantic ocean. 3 or 4 kills per a hunt seems pretty fine with real navigation Playing sub sim games means patience so consider this like a little practice.
Old 01-14-13, 06:49 AM   #1103
Belgarion
Watch

well at least this way this game will find its watery grave sooner! since there is no way in hell I am the only one that will not spend 20 days to download this mod!

why not pack all the mods together and toss it in a torrent that way everyone can download it and help seed it! its completely free that way.

If there is a moderator reading this: If I donate the 25mods/day subscription can I then at least download all the mods the first day I subscribe please!

edit: fine I paid for the subscription! and still it takes me 3 days to download!

Last edited by Belgarion; 01-14-13 at 07:35 AM.
Old 01-14-13, 08:29 AM   #1104
Navuhodonosor
Engineer

Quote:
why not pack all the mods together and toss it in a torrent that way everyone can download it and help seed it! its completely free that way.
There is no law against that so no one will blame you if you do that and start new thread like " Sober's megamod torrent". Just give appropriate credits and links to all the guys that work hard to make the game that is now.
Old 01-14-13, 08:59 AM   #1105
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
and paying 10 dollars to get the files seems a waste of money to me personally when I am probably still going to crash with my new system!

On a side note: donating to a site is different but requesting money to be able to download the files, I am morally objected too. if it gets to expensive then subsim should request that people host their files somewhere else, for instance: moddb/filefront to name a few. There are loads of alternatives

If there is a moderator reading this: If I donate the 25mods/day subscription can I then at least download all the mods the first day I subscribe please!

edit: fine I paid for the subscription! and still it takes me 3 days to download!
I hear you, we are adding a combo pack to the Bonus Mods for donors, so you will be able to download them all without restriction. Check the Bonus Mods forum for news.

It's not $10, it's $5. And the donations keep the website running, pay for the server, and allow for safe hosting. Subsim has been managing this for 16 years and with the traffic the site and forum gets, the server costs are a little over $570 a month. As you probably can guess, I am responsible for managing this and keeping it going, so any support from the users is essential.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navuhodonosor View Post
There is no law against that so no one will blame you if you do that and start new thread like " Sober's megamod torrent". Just give appropriate credits and links to all the guys that work hard to make the game that is now.
Actually, check the rules here. Posting about torrents and file sharing are not allowed.
Old 01-14-13, 09:11 AM   #1106
Belgarion
Watch

lots of official games have torrent links! Eagle dynamics: DCS simulator games so why ban torrent talk I wonder?

where would I find the bonus mods forum topic?
Old 01-14-13, 09:25 AM   #1107
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Legal reasons.
Old 01-14-13, 09:38 AM   #1108
Navuhodonosor
Engineer

Fine by me, torrents are actually very good, my ASUS downloads are all on torrent program made by ASUS. I believe that piracy is the main reason, it became internet cancer these days
Best regards.
Old 01-14-13, 09:46 AM   #1109
GT182
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 658

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal Stevens View Post
Actually, check the rules here. Posting about torrents and file sharing are not allowed.
Now I understand Neal on sending mods via other means than the downloads, and your editing my offer to help get a couple of mods to another member that couldn't find them. No problem here.

No Borders, No Language, No Culture =s No Country

I'm a Deplorable, and proud of it.
GT182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-13, 09:47 AM   #1110
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

@GT182: Thanks, buddy.

@Navuhodonosor: Yes, I agree. Torrents are not a bad thing, but they can be used for illegal things. Mostly they can get a website like this in trouble. With the downloads section, I can manage what is uploaded into the file bank. With torrents, I cannot check and make sure all torrents posted are legal, safe, or active. I learned the hard way that when someone posts a torrent link on the site, I get could get a call from a lawyer. Replying with my own attorney cost me several hundred dollars.

The amazing thing with a community like you guys is, you will step up and support the site. I was discussing this with my father a few days ago, around Christmas. I told him how much it cost to run the site and he said I was crazy; I also told him that almost every month, the costs are covered by purely volunteer donations from the members. Sometimes there is some left over! He found it hard to believe, but that's the magic of Subsim and its members-- we really are a collection of sub fanatics who each pull our weight aboard the sub.