Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-28-06, 01:38 PM   #1
DivingDuck
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 1
Default Changing the threadīs title

Moin,

I know this has been asked more than once already, but til now it hasnīt been clarified whether one can change the threadīs title after a reply was posted. And for me itīs even impossible to change the threadīs title right after creating it.
My System: WinXP Pro, SP2, Firefox2.0, Java Runtime Environment Version 5.0 Update 9, Java Scripting and anything else is activated.
I even installed MSIE7 on a second machine to check whether itīs working, but unfortunately it did not. So, does anybody has an idea how to get this feature working?

But donīt link me to one of these threads: Editing post title to Update - by Reece / Changing a topic title - by Linton

Iīve read them from top to bottom.

Regards,
DD
DivingDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-06, 02:03 PM   #2
Gizzmoe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 4
Uploads: 0

You can change the thread title even after a reply was posted. I donīt know why it doesnīt work on your machine. And I donīt know why you started a new thread even though you knew that two threads about this topic already exist.
Gizzmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-06, 02:33 PM   #3
danlisa
Navy Seal

Downloads: 45

I'd like to state my findings on re-naming threads....I would like to edit a thread from say WIP to Released....

I use 3 different browers, Opera 9, Firefox 2 & IE and I have always been able to change the thread BEFORE the first reply but NEVER afterwards.

I have even verified that java is working by using the link Gizzmoe posted backalong. However, I think the content of this page has changed since....
http://www.misitio.ch/ie/ie_all/java/javatest.html
All I get is some mumbo jumbo from the bible

Is Gizz a closet Bible Basher:hmm: LOL
Old 11-28-06, 03:10 PM   #4
Gizzmoe
Silent Hunter

Iīve googled a bit and found out that the admin can set a time limit for editing the thread title. Itīs not possible to disable that limit, all you can do is to set it to an incredibly high value. At the moment itīs probably set at the default value (a few minutes).
Gizzmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-06, 03:26 PM   #5
DivingDuck
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 10

Moin,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizzmoe
And I donīt know why you started a new thread even though you knew that two threads about this topic already exist.
I hoped Reece would show up with a solution on a silver plate after having so much trouble with that issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizzmoe
Iīve googled a bit and found out that the admin can set a time limit for editing the thread title. Itīs not possible to disable that limit, all you can do is to set it to an incredibly high value. At the moment itīs probably set at the default value (a few minutes).
Is there any argument against setting the value high?

Regards,
DD
DivingDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-06, 04:47 PM   #6
AG124
Sea Lord

Default Thread Title Changing Time Limit

I'd like it if that value was set a bit higher myself. There are times at which I have wanted to change those titles, and was unable to. But if it is not something that Neal would like to change, then I understand.

DOWNLOAD GWX HERE:
http://www.thegreywolves.com/index.html
AG124 is offline   Reply With Quote