SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-03-08, 11:19 AM   #76
Chisum
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 86
Uploads: 0

I don't find a special tread to say you...

Happy new year liebe Kaleun of the world !

I'ts ok now.

Chisum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-08, 11:20 AM   #77
Alex
Dominant Wolf

Downloads: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contact
How come I received radio message once which says: U-48 is having problems with engine and is returning to base.. But U-48 was my boat =] I must be having a clone somewhere out in the seas :hmm:

:p
Old 01-03-08, 11:27 AM   #78
Contact
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex
Quote:
How come I received radio message once which says: U-48 is having problems with engine and is returning to base.. But U-48 was my boat =] I must be having a clone somewhere out in the seas :hmm:

:p

Not funny at all Alex I thought it might be a sign from God or smthng
Old 01-03-08, 11:32 AM   #79
Samwolf
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboywooly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samwolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by JScones
A thought...

While having the VIIC/41 playable sub and Med skins mods as "Optional Mods" is necessary to ensure maximum access by all players, it's a step backwards for SH3Cmdr users.

I had a thought the other day about the merit of providing simple instructions for SH3Cmdr users that tell them how to move or copy both the VIIC/41 playable sub and the Axis Med skins mods out of JSGME and into SH3Cmdr so that they can let SH3Cmdr manage the files automatically for them, rather than needing to remember to enable and disable the mods manually.

For example, the data folder under "\SilentHunterIII\MODS\GWX - VIIC41 Player Sub" can simply be moved/copied to under "\SH3 Commander\U-boat\VIIC41".

The data folder under the Med skins mod can simply be moved/copied to under "\SH3 Commander\Flotilla\907".

Nothing critical - just a way of ensuring that SH3Cmdr users get the best integration and gameplay experience possible.
Do I need to rename the "GWX - VIIC41 Player Sub" or should I combine the two data folders? If I just drag it to the SH3 Commander folder I end up with 2 Data folders, the GWX one and the one that is already there with Data\Roster\German\Submarine\ SSTypeVIIC.cfg.
In
C:\Program Files\SH3 Commander\U-boat\VIIC41\data

Paste the 2 folders from C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\GWX\MODS\GWX - VIIC41 Player Sub\data

So it looks like this

Thank, BBW. That's what I did, but I wanted to be sure.

GWX 3, JSGME 2.3, Sh3 Commander 3.2 SH3 Gen 8.1, Water Stream for U-boats, LRT LITE 2.0, Lifeboats for SH3

Samwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-08, 11:36 AM   #80
Morts
Admiral

Downloads: 23

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellJack95
Quote:

Yeah right... like I said, wanna play in sand box ? Get stock version back with stupid tails and contact colors =] Come back to GWX when u're ready for it
Contact -why are you tossing around cheap insults on this topic of tails for contacts? When you make comments like your previous posts it seems kinda childish don't you think?

The whole point of Sigurd's original post, and one I happen to agree with, is that it would be good to have an optional mod that adds the tails back to contacts on lower realism settings. To me, the word optional means you could use it or not use it, as the individual player decides. If that was the case, then YOU could play and enjoy the game with your settings and others could play and enjoy the game with their settings.

I see from other posts there is a way to add the contact tails back if a person so chooses, and that the Dev team for GWX2.0 is not going to officially add them in the mod. So this issue seems resolved.

Oh, kudos to the GWX 2.0 dev team! You have put together an outstanding overhaul mod to SH3 (even without contact tails ) and I look forward to trying out GWX2.1 when ready!

Heh.. cheap insult is low realism in GWX
why dont you just let people play their games like they want to?
Morts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-08, 11:42 AM   #81
Contact
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morts
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah right... like I said, wanna play in sand box ? Get stock version back with stupid tails and contact colors =] Come back to GWX when u're ready for it
Contact -why are you tossing around cheap insults on this topic of tails for contacts? When you make comments like your previous posts it seems kinda childish don't you think?

The whole point of Sigurd's original post, and one I happen to agree with, is that it would be good to have an optional mod that adds the tails back to contacts on lower realism settings. To me, the word optional means you could use it or not use it, as the individual player decides. If that was the case, then YOU could play and enjoy the game with your settings and others could play and enjoy the game with their settings.

I see from other posts there is a way to add the contact tails back if a person so chooses, and that the Dev team for GWX2.0 is not going to officially add them in the mod. So this issue seems resolved.

Oh, kudos to the GWX 2.0 dev team! You have put together an outstanding overhaul mod to SH3 (even without contact tails ) and I look forward to trying out GWX2.1 when ready!

I don't know frankly, easiness just freaks me out a lot =] Especially when it is about GWX it gets personal Somebody would like to have a God mode mod isn't it ? =]
Old 01-03-08, 11:48 AM   #82
Morts
Admiral

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I don't know frankly, easiness just freaks me out a lot =] Especially when it is about GWX it gets personal Somebody would like to have a God mode mod isn't it ? =]
no? i wouldn like god mod
still
people should play their games like they want to
heck...i can go in right now, put contact tails on GWX and set realism to 0 and there is nothing you can do about except complain in here.
Old 01-03-08, 11:53 AM   #83
Contact
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

still
people should play their games as they want to
heck...i can go in right now, put contact tails on GWX and set realism to 0 and there is nothing you can do about except complain in here.
True true... but if u do that it means u're not cherishing it and it's going to be a nasty shame for ya
Old 01-03-08, 11:55 AM   #84
Morts
Admiral

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

still
True true... but if u do that it means u're not cherishing it and it's going to be a nasty shame for ya
no it doesnt
it could simply mean that i just want to sink some ships and have a laugh at how i (warning..language) p0wnz0r t3h r0y4l n4vy
Old 01-03-08, 11:59 AM   #85
Contact
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

still
no it doesnt
it could simply mean that i just want to sink some ships and have a laugh at how i (warning..language) p0wnz0r t3h r0y4l n4vy
or it could mean that you just cant handle it on hard way
Old 01-03-08, 12:01 PM   #86
Morts
Admiral

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

still
no it doesnt
or it could mean that you just cant handle it on hard way
you just keep thinking that
Old 01-03-08, 12:03 PM   #87
Contact
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

My pleasure to do so, u're not leaving me any other option wise guy
Old 01-03-08, 12:10 PM   #88
Morts
Admiral

Quote:
yea yea
but just FYI i play SH3 at 68% (that low cause im busy with other games like cod4,IL2,Swat 4 and kane and lynch:dead men..so i rarely have time for SH3)
Old 01-03-08, 12:11 PM   #89
Wolfehunter
Crusty Capt.

Downloads: 40
Uploads: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpt. Lehmann
Yes, one of the Russian modders fixed the hair problem... but the fix also made the crewman's head green!

...which is why we don't use that fix.

No sir, we don't plan to fix that. All you need to do though, is to drag a crewman from a different compartment to replace him if it annoys you.

Sorry mate.
You know I always thought they were getting sea sick?:rotfl: You know what happens when bernard has too much gaz on deck.
Old 01-03-08, 12:13 PM   #90
Contact
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Quote:
yea yea
but just FYI i play SH3 at 68% (that low cause im busy with other games like cod4,IL2,Swat 4 and kane and lynch:dead men..so i rarely have time for SH3)
Oh... so u're not even a true-hearted Kaleun aren't you ? )))