SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Indie Subsims > Sub Commander
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-10-14, 10:01 PM   #11
TheGeoff
Planesman

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixermath View Post
I've been trying to play for a few hours now, but there is one thing which is holding me back. It seems that whenever I am playing, my location on the map you get when you press M is not updating. It still is saying that I am at the starting position, even after 3 days straight of travelling at 30 knots. Is this a bug, or am I missing something?
I've never seen or heard of a bug which could cause that... the only explanations I can think of are:
  • You are pointing at land (you can't run your sub aground at the moment, you will just stop moving when you hit land). You'll be able to clearly see if this is the problem using the periscope.
  • You have dived too deep and you're stuck on the sea floor (check the "depth under keel" on the map screen)
  • Your turbines are non-functional (because they have been destroyed, switched off or are not receiving power from the nuclear reactors) and your electric motor is also not working (either because it has been destroyed or you have run out of battery). Check the turbine control panel in the engine room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaystew
I think your famous. Happened to stumble on this about sub commander.

Not even a true blue submariner as he refers to them "torpeodoes" as missiles but forgive and forget

Check it out here

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014...sub-commander/

Congrats
I knew something was up when the number of downloads suddenly skyrocketed! It still blows my mind that actual gaming websites are publishing articles about my game

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaJake
Hey Geoff, Sorry, I don't now how to quote you (I'm not real good using forums).

I attempted to reinstall the latest version, Into a clean folder, And I left the config to default. Sure enough after about 2 minutes, I got "illegal memory address".

I really hope you can fix this, I loved your game for the time I got to play it!
Hmm, I really don't know what could be causing this. I've compiled a special debug version which should help narrow it down - if you don't mind, could you please download this file (https://www.dropbox.com/s/1uridl2tgg..._023_DEBUG.exe), place it in your sub commander folder (same folder as the regular .exe file) and run it. It is almost identical to the regular game (with some extra logging stuff added) so it should crash the same way. After it crashes it will generate a log file called DebugLog.dbg in the sub commander folder with some behind-the-scenes info on what the game was doing (this file can be opened with notepad if you want to read it). Could you please email the DebugLog.dbg file to subcommandergame@gmail.com? It would really help me track down the problem!

Edit: By the way, you can quote people on the forum by pressing the buttons in the bottom right hand corner of every post.
TheGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote