Closed Thread

Old 12-19-20, 08:34 AM   #11821
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
It is not hard to see a obvious double standard here. When Republicans cast doubt on fair election they are 'fanatics' and 'sore losers', When Democrats do it they are the righteous 'resistance'.
Can you remember what happened immediately after Trump was the president elect? Do you remember the drivel, hate, "sore loser" accusations, snowflakes, "butthurt" and all those other even worse insults directed towards Clinton and the democrats? This was already a new low, when certain people had their say and came back at all the banks and politicians and jews and blacks and LGTB people, democrats, and all else they hated, or what was given to them to hate, by Trump.

And the republicans "cast doubt", this is going far beyond as you can clearly see. Wait for it.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 12-19-20, 10:21 AM   #11822
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Can you remember what happened immediately after Trump was the president elect?
Yes I do. And since then we have found out a lot more. And in fact the beginnings of the "Crossfire Hurricane" investigation are now being looked at by a Special Council led by U.S. Attorney John Durham. The characters involved, Comey, Brennan , McCabe and others have all been exposed as government officials who wanted to take down President Trump. Some of this happened while Trump was still a candidate, some while he was President elect and it continued while he was President.

Quote:
Do you remember the drivel, hate, "sore loser" accusations, snowflakes, "butthurt" and all those other even worse insults directed towards Clinton and the democrats?
Not really, but then again if Mrs. Clinton was openly saying the things she did say well then she was a sore loser. She wrote a book about it. And she was a source of disinformation about Trump's win. And she has continued to say it to this day. So she is still a sore loser. Perhaps you need to understand just what sore loser means.

Quote:
This was already a new low, when certain people had their say and came back at all the banks and politicians and jews and blacks and LGTB people, democrats, and all else they hated, or what was given to them to hate, by Trump.
Once again it would appear that you believe that I am defending anything that Donald Trump has said or done. I'm not. Both sides are wrong here. Or do you believe that is not a possibility.

Quote:
And the republicans "cast doubt", this is going far beyond as you can clearly see. Wait for it.
The truth is that we have had two Presidential elections that a significant proportion of the losing side believes is illegitimate. It would appear to me that the problem isn't the losers, Clinton or Trump but the election system itself and the media who drive these kind of accusations. It would appear to be very untrustworthy system.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 12-19-20, 11:21 AM   #11823
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Even if the election system was bulletproof and made easy to use the losers would always cry foul. In 2016 even the winner cried foul.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Old 12-19-20, 01:09 PM   #11824
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
This was already a new low, when certain people had their say and came back at all the banks and politicians and jews and blacks and LGTB people, democrats, and all else they hated, or what was given to them to hate, by Trump.

What a load of foreign crapola. The only hate i've seen displayed is by your leftist friends Comrade.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
Old 12-19-20, 01:15 PM   #11825
Catfish

I am not your or anyone's comrade, and i am not 'leftist'. I obviously am in your opinion, but this means nothing.
Are you active in any other forum than Subsim?

Old 12-19-20, 01:27 PM   #11826
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
I am not your or anyone's comrade, and i am not 'leftist'. I obviously am in your opinion, but this means nothing.
Are you active in any other forum than Subsim?

Well you certainly sound like one to me. Always bashing and denigrating anyone that you consider to your right politically but you never act like that to the left. As for my activity in other forums, I know that the leftists are taking names for their enemies lists but I didn't know it included such detailed information so why do you ask?

Old 12-19-20, 01:54 PM   #11827
bstanko6
Admiral

Downloads: 390
Uploads: 13

And this is what I mean. We are so divided that we see Trump in good and bad lights... hence why I believe something serious is about to occur in this country.

In the words of Count Dooku:

“It is obvious that this contest cannot be decided by our knowledge of the Force, but by our skills with a lightsaber.”

DISCORD
https://discord.gg/6tFeTSUmVc
Old 12-19-20, 02:20 PM   #11828
Buddahaid

Really. It doesn't take a lot of looking when your eyes are open.

So you're Okay with armed revolt? Welcome to the banana republic of Trumpland.

David Bowie
Old 12-19-20, 02:20 PM   #11829
Catfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Well you certainly sound like one to me.
Giving someone who works for his money the etiquette "left" because he is for an affordable health care, or dares to criticize the killing of Mr. Floyd? Reason and tolerance are only "left" virtues?
That is the problem, you are so divided and full of hate towards other opinions that you have lost any idea how a real lefty looks like, or what he believes. Even the normal right-wing must look 'left' from this extreme point of view.
My take is that some have lost every measure because of this division going on, not only in the US. Which is also true for the left.

Old 12-19-20, 03:09 PM   #11830
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Giving someone who works for his money the etiquette "left" because he is for an affordable health care, or dares to criticize the killing of Mr. Floyd? Reason and tolerance are only "left" virtues?

If that's what you were about then you certainly obscure it well with your over the top anti-trump rhetoric. You saying that Trump is sending his followers after the Jews for instance. You're talking about a man whose daughter married a Jew and converted to Judaism, a man who filled long standing promises and moved the US embassy to the Israeli capital, who has brokered multiple peace treaties with Arab nations for Israel. Oh yeah a real anti-semetic he is... but I guess that doesn't fit the pravda so you don't get the irony right?

Quote:
That is the problem, you are so divided and full of hate towards other opinions that you have lost any idea how a real lefty looks like, or what he believes. Even the normal right-wing must look 'left' from this extreme point of view.

So says the guy who is so full of hate that you call Trump an Anti-Semite. Projection of ones own faults is a typical leftist tactic. You're walking like a duck and talking like a duck so don't blame others for seeing you as a duck.

Old 12-19-20, 03:31 PM   #11831
Catfish

I am wrong regarding Trump alone, but not his followers. I used this as an analogy to what has happened before. You pick out one thing and base all your bile on this, disregarding all else.

Social changes often begin with language. First the language becomes rougher, then linguistic taboos are broken, which is subsequently adopted by many. At the very end of the escalation stage, the government follows, which thinks it has to take up the mood.

So the EU had a close ally in Donald Trump who saw the free trade agreements negotiated so far as being a major disadvantage for America. Trump tweets about the reduction of tariffs with the EU, but then does the opposite and introduces new custom laws without taking time on cutting tariffs to negotiate at all.

Brutalization of language also leads to the brutalization of international politics. There is talk of trade war and we versus them.
Former partners become opponents, former opponents become enemies.
After some time there is no longer a verbal escalation level. So where do you think is this supposed to end? Do you think Trump is doing anybody a favour, including your own country?

Last edited by Catfish; 12-19-20 at 03:47 PM.
Old 12-19-20, 04:14 PM   #11832
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
I am wrong regarding Trump alone, but not his followers. I used this as an analogy to what has happened before. You pick out one thing and base all your bile on this, disregarding all else.

No more often than you do bud. In fact i do it less often i'd say and certainly with much, much less bile, me being such a good hearted and gentle person to those what know me for real.

Quote:
Do you think Trump is doing anybody a favour, including your own country?
Well he did pretty much what I wanted him to do these past four years and I want what's best for my country so I guess that answers your question. FWIW at this point I don't care as much whether he wins back the oval office as much as I care about exposing and correcting the weaknesses in our voting system so fight on I say.

Oh and there is no U in favor. Adding extra vowels to words is an elitist plot to subjugate the world by bogging it down with archaic languages. Kinda like mandatory masks.

Old 12-19-20, 04:32 PM   #11833
bstanko6
Admiral

Downloads: 390
Uploads: 13

@Buddahaid...

Armed revolt?

The left have been burning cities and killing people for almost a year now!

More people have been killed and battered by left for George Floyd.

Trump attempts to help stop violence but is told to stand down by democrats. The only armed violence has been nurtured by Dems!

DISCORD
https://discord.gg/6tFeTSUmVc
Old 12-19-20, 04:59 PM   #11834
Buddahaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstanko6 View Post
And this is what I mean. We are so divided that we see Trump in good and bad lights... hence why I believe something serious is about to occur in this country.

In the words of Count Dooku:

“It is obvious that this contest cannot be decided by our knowledge of the Force, but by our skills with a lightsaber.”
This reference to using weapons is what I based my statement off of. My apologies if I read that incorrectly but the contest is over unless someone from team Trump wants to change it. Maybe more inflammatory rhetoric from that pardoned criminal Flynn is needed, you know, that bit about getting the armed forces involved in recounting the votes.

David Bowie
Old 12-19-20, 07:43 PM   #11835
UglyMowgli
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 9

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter