SUBSIM Radio Room Forums



SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Modern Naval Warfare
Forget password? Reset here

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2021, 05:42 AM   #121
PolarisEsp
Nub
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Posts: 2
Downloads: 29
Uploads: 0
Icon14 Hello sir

: Kaleun_Salute:

Is there any way to support you financially, the game seems quite interesting as soon as it comes out I'll buy it ...
But I know that people in particular like those who created the cras dive are small or even a single person in the team, so I would be interested in making you perhaps a donation.
PolarisEsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 12:29 PM   #122
maslas
MNW Dev
 
Join Date: May 2020
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 41
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolarisEsp View Post
: Kaleun_Salute:

Is there any way to support you financially, the game seems quite interesting as soon as it comes out I'll buy it ...
But I know that people in particular like those who created the cras dive are small or even a single person in the team, so I would be interested in making you perhaps a donation.

Thank you for your kind proposition. The project is fully funded at the moment and it has become our studio's main project. We are giving our best efforts to bring MNW into fruition.
It is a great challenge so far but we are confident that a beautiful result will come out of it.


Cheers,


__________________
SV1QZN - 73
maslas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 06:36 PM   #123
snak3gam3r!
Swabbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Posts: 9
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maslas View Post
Thank you for your kind proposition. The project is fully funded at the moment and it has become our studio's main project. We are giving our best efforts to bring MNW into fruition.
It is a great challenge so far but we are confident that a beautiful result will come out of it.


Cheers,


I know it doesn’t make sense what I’m going to say, but if I had the money, I would definitely finance your project. The game looks OUTSTANDING and it has a SOMA vibe..
snak3gam3r! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 12:27 AM   #124
maslas
MNW Dev
 
Join Date: May 2020
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 41
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snak3gam3r! View Post
I know it doesn’t make sense what I’m going to say, but if I had the money, I would definitely finance your project. The game looks OUTSTANDING and it has a SOMA vibe..

Well, you might not being able to help on the process of its development but you can definitely help for its future. At the day of release...


Just buy it
__________________
SV1QZN - 73
maslas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 01:43 PM   #125
Torpex77
A-ganger
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Pennsylvania-Endless Moutains
Posts: 73
Downloads: 52
Uploads: 0
Default

Definite Purchaser here!
__________________
A Submarine Simulation should "simulate" Historical Reality as best as possible! No Excuse, because whatsoever your trying to simulate, is documented..somewhere!
Torpex77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 12:47 AM   #126
UglyMowgli
Seasoned Skipper
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 658
Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0


Default

Leaked image from an internal source



__________________
Do we have a backup plan?
Yes. Kill everyone on sight.
I like it. Can we make it the main?
UglyMowgli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 01:13 AM   #127
zachanscom
Helmsman
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 107
Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0
Default

serious? man that looks a scene from a cgi trailer or something. those lines...those details. cold waters never had those very much looking forward to this becoming the dcs of subsims.
zachanscom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 11:56 AM   #128
UglyMowgli
Seasoned Skipper
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 658
Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0


Default

But no external view in MP only in solo and it will only show what you think you have detected (range, type, ...) so no torpedo evasion like in CW.
__________________
Do we have a backup plan?
Yes. Kill everyone on sight.
I like it. Can we make it the main?

Last edited by UglyMowgli; 05-17-2021 at 01:30 PM.
UglyMowgli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 12:26 PM   #129
itsjero
Swabbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 9
Downloads: 15
Uploads: 0
Default

I love cold waters and have posted a few ideas for a cold waters 2 or game similar to that.


The trailer looks cool even thought its just a small teaser. The subs looked great as well, and i love the small details ( really for any game its all in the details ) of the russian sub, including the tiny little detail that some might have missed but i saw as the russian sub passed.. the SOKS pointers at the top of the sail.


Very nice.


I hope, as im sure a lot of others do, that this game continues to be built and gives us yet another sub game as the genre is wide open. Cold Waters surely showed the community, as well as devs, that there is a market for this game.


I hope it follows on those lines that cold waters drew, and just goes above and beyond that. So many ideas out there, and the genre needs more games that have current, or even a bit of future, subs and weapons.


I for one would be one of the first in line to plop down some cash for a great game with current subs.



So please, continue and just know there are many of us out there that want a game with current subs and weapons.


As much as i love pretty much any sub game, i simply wasnt alive when ww2 happened or even close to it. So the old subs just dont interest me as much as new subs do. Plus, i want kick ass new subs with the best latest and greatest hardware and tech, along with the weapons they sport. Also, include some SLBM missions with good effects of the nukes they carry.


Nuclear missions and or weapons in any game seems to be taboo including any sort of animations for the explosions. I just ask that you give us some missions that include either stopping a launch and if you fail, you lose a base or a part of your operational area, and then gives us a retaliatory mission. And, on the flip side, allow us the first nuke deployment, and then a retaliatory strike we can go against and lose/win as well. Seeing the mushroom clouds from a distance would be cool.


Along those lines, potentially a status-6 mission or nuclear torpedo or nuclear cruise / anti ship missile we can use as well. Dont have to go full like 500kt or 50 megatons, even thought that would be cool, but tactical nukes would suffice.


Its a real weapon, in the real world, and these are games that are reality, so i hope some dev house out there will include in any game using modern day ships and subs the ability to use these weapons or defend against them, and really, both.


Thanks for being a sub game dev and i wish you all the best. Hopefully you can bring a game to market that is like cold waters, but puts whatever spin on it you have, and just takes that game and makes a game better than that. Its a good bar to start at, and hopefully, go far above.
itsjero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 06:53 PM   #130
UglyMowgli
Seasoned Skipper
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 658
Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0


Default

No nuke as a weapon, the devs have pondered their use and so far is a no.
Remember MNW is a simulator not an arcadish game like CW.

But rest reassured, they will include missions where you will track the rogue nuke and save the World.
__________________
Do we have a backup plan?
Yes. Kill everyone on sight.
I like it. Can we make it the main?
UglyMowgli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 09:03 PM   #131
Polak2
Frogman
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 288
Downloads: 55
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UglyMowgli View Post
Remember MNW is a simulator not an arcadish game like CW.
Polak2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2021, 11:06 AM   #132
Kpt. Weyprecht
Loader
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 81
Downloads: 66
Uploads: 0
Default

With some delay, I have to say I love this project and I really hope it succeeds. I never really thought full 3D interior was a viable way to go but then, if it works, that's awesome! And since the first submarine sim I really played was Sub Command, then Dangerous Waters, I'd love to see a successor.


So, aside from saying that it would definitely be a "first-day purchase" for me, there is a (micro) feature I don't think anybody commented but I really like it. Did you guys notice the nav chart display? Finally, there are fathom lines and soundings! I've always been frustrated with Silent Hunter's unreadable mavmap with an unclear color code and no soundings. Never really liked SubCommand/DW's electronic-looking map.

This may seem minor but I love the look of actual sea charts and I think it's really important for immersion.



Good luck guys!
Kpt. Weyprecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 11:34 PM   #133
milky
Gunner
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 92
Downloads: 188
Uploads: 0
Default

You guys need to get in touch with Sub Brief. He does Twitch streaming and plays nothing but Submarine simulators and was an actual submariner during the 90s I believe. He helps devs out all the time with information and critique when they develop mods for Cold Waters.
milky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 01:23 AM   #134
maslas
MNW Dev
 
Join Date: May 2020
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 41
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpt. Weyprecht View Post
With some delay, I have to say I love this project and I really hope it succeeds. I never really thought full 3D interior was a viable way to go but then, if it works, that's awesome! And since the first submarine sim I really played was Sub Command, then Dangerous Waters, I'd love to see a successor.


So, aside from saying that it would definitely be a "first-day purchase" for me, there is a (micro) feature I don't think anybody commented but I really like it. Did you guys notice the nav chart display? Finally, there are fathom lines and soundings! I've always been frustrated with Silent Hunter's unreadable mavmap with an unclear color code and no soundings. Never really liked SubCommand/DW's electronic-looking map.

This may seem minor but I love the look of actual sea charts and I think it's really important for immersion.


Good luck guys!

We are glad you liked it. We are doing our best to give the most immersive experience to the players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by milky View Post
You guys need to get in touch with Sub Brief. He does Twitch streaming and plays nothing but Submarine simulators and was an actual submariner during the 90s I believe. He helps devs out all the time with information and critique when they develop mods for Cold Waters.

We know all about Aaron Amick. When the time comes we will contact with him.


Thank you both for your interest and kind words guys.


Cheers,
__________________
SV1QZN - 73
maslas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 05:46 PM   #135
Blacklight
Ocean Warrior
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 2,502
Downloads: 105
Uploads: 0
Default

I really hope that this game succeeds. I think we've all been waiting WAY TOO LONG for the next, "Dangerous Waters". Seriously. Where are all the modern times based, indy subsims at? Why are 99% of the sims WWII Uboat sims? Modern subsim stuff is such an untapped area that has so much potential! I really do hope that this subsim succeeds so much. From what it looks like, this is what I've been looking for for YEARS.
__________________
Be my friend or be a mushroom cloud.
"I am coming at you. You will explode in a couple of minutes !"
Blacklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dangerous waters , modern naval , modern sub

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 1995- 2021 Subsim®
"Subsim" is a registered trademark, all rights reserved.