SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-11-11, 03:16 PM   #121
dcb
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 544
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakkhen20 View Post
Kriegsmarine mod..... so long....
Sorry to hear about this, drakkhen20. Your mod was a chance to pour new blood into the veins of a game that showed much potential, but was ignored because it came at the wrong time.
However, I understand respect your decision.
Fair winds, mate
dcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-11, 02:34 PM   #122
MaddogK
XO

Downloads: 15

Nope, I haven't given up yet. Been very busy with RL issues but with winter right around the corner I'll find time to sit in front of the PC. Still haven't figured out why I spent so much time dinking around with 12 boats that were obsolete at the start of the war, but as were a request at the heArt of this mod I strove to accomodate.
...then there's some re-writing of the campaign files,
...some new weapon tweeks,
...uniforms,
...radio chatter,
...wolfpack AI,
...skin tweeks,
...locations,
... and so much more.

This kinda stuff doesn't happen overnight, but if you decide to kill it Drak at least let me pull my stuff from the projects site before its dead. It may come in pieces eventually, but the scope of this mod are just to big to do overnight, half assed, just because a few lack patience.

MaddogK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-11, 03:35 AM   #123
drakkhen20
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 345

well its not the lack of patience and im not all that upset about and im defintly not pointing fingers at any one. it is that i just wanted some feed back from the crew and some screen shots to be posted. i do understand it wont happen over night and i know modding isnt easy, its just the lack of communication. i have not heard nothing from no one at all as to this mod in over 4 months. i sent pms to everyone working on this mod to please keep everyone informed not just me but our community mostly, even if it was as little as "hey still working on some stuff dont have a timeframe at the moment" or whatever thats just an example. im not mad or freaking out or nothing i just felt that no one was working on it is all and so i decided to just drop it. i apologize then to my team mates for lack of knowledge and ask if you read this to please continue and to please keep are community posted as you all have shown me your work so far and it has came along beautifully. i have no right to tell you not to pull your work from the project, if you feel you should do this by all means do so. but if yoiu feel we should continue then let us know also, drop me and the others and each other lines every once in while. we all have real life issues we all deal with, hell me and my wife are getting a divorce as of three days ago, but i still come on here wondering and waiting...

best regards,
drakkhen20
drakkhen20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-11, 02:03 AM   #124
nemo7
Weps

Downloads: 389

Don't give up on it Drak.
Good things come late in life matey. The SH4 anabiosis is a romantic task; needs vission, management, and a lot of patience. I understand your feelings and respect them fully, but for now you have to take a step back and reorganize the entire project. Contact the moders and introduce them and their assigned tasks to us in a new thread, i.e. create the environment of task commitment. See what you have, what you are missing and therefore what you need. Nevertheless, DONT GIVE UP ON IT..
Old 12-17-11, 09:01 PM   #125
Admiral Von Gerlach
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 358

I very much hope there is hope for this effort....is your website still active and are there elements that need testing? I would be interested to learn more as the KM is one of my main interests in being here...thank you for trying this and I do hope there is hope.
Old 01-02-12, 10:36 AM   #126
drakkhen20
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 345

Ok guys. Heres the thing now. Ive gotten rid of my computer on the grounds of almost getting a divorce.i have to turn this project over to someone who will continue this. I guess pm me(one of the team members) if your intrested and hopefully the guys that were or are still on the team will post whats been going on as I have moved twice and sold my computer and have no notes on who was on the team and what we wanted in this mod and wanted to improve upon. I say this with a heavy heart because I really wanted to see this mod through. I still have the games though so maybe in time I will rebuild another computer and start playing again at which I can hope this mod is complete and I could play it. ill check in from time to time on my phone to see whats going on. See you guys around and good luck with it.
drakkhen20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-12, 10:43 PM   #127
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297

@ drakkhen20: Check your PM, please.
iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-12, 10:34 AM   #128
jaxa
The Old Man

Downloads: 413

It's a pity to give up such interesting project. Maybe former members of GWX team could be interested in developing of this mod? SH5 is a big mistake, so OM and Kriegsmarine mod can be good ancestor of original GWX. I'm trying to familiarise with OM now, instead of SH5, and can help during tests, if you want.
jaxa is offline   Reply With Quote