SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-11-21, 02:53 PM   #1
KriegsMarine
Loader

Downloads: 1280
Uploads: 0
Default Too Much Crew Cheers

Captains, I think the crew cheers sound (I guess it's borrowed from the movie DAS BOOT) occurs too frequent whenever you hit a merchant ship in the Supermod GWX v3.0. I know the crew cheers indeed could boost our morale in some way, but when it occurs all the time I don't think it's a very good idea especially when you really gotta keep silent. So how to remove it or is there some kind of mod which could turn the GWX v 3.0 sound effect back to vanilla SH3?

KriegsMarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-21, 05:36 PM   #2
ivanov.ruslan
The Old Man

Downloads: 901

Delete or decrease the volume of the two files Ono_Cheers01 and Ono_Cheers02 in the nine folders in data/sound/speech
ivanov.ruslan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-21, 05:36 PM   #3
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 490
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by KriegsMarine View Post
Captains, I think the crew cheers sound (I guess it's borrowed from the movie DAS BOOT) occurs too frequent whenever you hit a merchant ship in the Supermod GWX v3.0. I know the crew cheers indeed could boost our morale in some way, but when it occurs all the time I don't think it's a very good idea especially when you really gotta keep silent. So how to remove it or is there some kind of mod which could turn the GWX v 3.0 sound effect back to vanilla SH3?
Simply copy the relevant stock sound file into all nine speech folders. I believe it is the "torpedo impact" file.
Take a look in the speech folders for that and see if thats it.
*edit* ivanov has the right files.

Last edited by John Pancoast; 02-11-21 at 05:38 PM. Reason: ivanov has the right files.
John Pancoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-21, 05:38 PM   #4
ivanov.ruslan
The Old Man

Downloads: 901

Ha ha John, at the same time
ivanov.ruslan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-21, 05:39 PM   #5
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 490
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanov.ruslan View Post
Ha ha John, at the same time
To the second !
Old 02-11-21, 08:05 PM   #6
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

SHO Re: Crew cheering on torp hits...

Ahoy, Kriegsmarine...

If memory serves Me right, Sailor Steve did a DBSM mod, which does include in it, the means to NOT have the crew cheer every time a torp explodes on contact with a targeted ship...

No idea if you are using that mod, as you did not post a jsgme activated copy/paste through using tasks, located in the center of the jsgme... that is assuming you are in fact, using 1.

I would assume, that you would, as it is helpful in being able load in updated mods & utilizing even those that are pretty much final, as it would be tagged in the mod titles... such as torpedo damage-Final.. for example here... much less taking out mods, on an as needed to basis...

Making it so as to ensuring you wipe out the game save folder, to avoid any issues with removing mods.. only down side to that, is losing a career progress.. but doing that, ensures mostly, of NOT having issues crop up due to tidbits of old info that are NOT relevant causing hang ups if not CTD's...

The mod I mentioned, is already set up for use & doesn't require any altering, as it is all set for using with or without the crew cheering when a torpedo hits the target... even to including a well written read me, that explains just what to do for either way you chose to utilize their mod.

Any way, hopefully this info is helpful...

Gute jagd, ihr Himmelhunde

M. M.

Old 02-11-21, 10:51 PM   #7
KriegsMarine
Loader

Downloads: 1280

Thank you so much, captains! The info you guys offered are pretty useful, and now our loyal sailors definitely keep cautious and prudent all the time ...

KriegsMarine is offline   Reply With Quote