SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-03-21, 08:03 AM   #886
GrenSo
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 584
Uploads: 7

Hi Onealex,

the German translation, instead of the radio massages, is finisched and I add a German keyboard layout. But I am not able to add in the help file (F1) more separators, like you can see in the screenshots.

Can you or someone else tell me how to do this or it is possible to send you files as addon for your mod and you add the separators?

“Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind.” - J.F.K.
GrenSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-21, 08:09 AM   #887
johnmarrington
Swabbie

Downloads: 46
Uploads: 0

Hello Alex. Do you know if your mod is compatible with the REAL ASW mod?
johnmarrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-21, 08:24 AM   #888
Onealex
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 191

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrenSo View Post
Hi Onealex,

the German translation, instead of the radio massages, is finisched and I add a German keyboard layout. But I am not able to add in the help file (F1) more separators, like you can see in the screenshots.

Can you or someone else tell me how to do this or it is possible to send you files as addon for your mod and you add the separators?
Hi. Ok I will do that later. What about radio messages?
Old 09-03-21, 08:26 AM   #889
Onealex
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmarrington View Post
Hello Alex. Do you know if your mod is compatible with the REAL ASW mod?
Hello. REAL ASW mod is not compatible
Old 09-03-21, 09:59 AM   #890
GrenSo
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 584
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onealex View Post
Hi. Ok I will do that later. What about radio messages?
Will come in future, because I do not have really time and done only the basics, like menu and help side.
You have a PM.

“Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind.” - J.F.K.
GrenSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-21, 04:07 PM   #891
kaizerhund10
Mate

Downloads: 223

hey alex...quick question, i am starting my 3rd patrol and im based at kiel. i would think i would start from kiel but, i have to ask for transfer to flotilla wennigen if i want to begin patrol which is at kiel anyhow, other than that it crashes and i do not get a "in base before mission" option it just reads " the war has ended". i started after i transferred and 10 km out of port it crashed i my reload option was the war has ended, any thoughts? thanks
kaizerhund10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-21, 05:25 PM   #892
Onealex
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizerhund10 View Post
hey alex...quick question, i am starting my 3rd patrol and im based at kiel. i would think i would start from kiel but, i have to ask for transfer to flotilla wennigen if i want to begin patrol which is at kiel anyhow, other than that it crashes and i do not get a "in base before mission" option it just reads " the war has ended". i started after i transferred and 10 km out of port it crashed i my reload option was the war has ended, any thoughts? thanks
Hi. I need more details. What is your PC configuration. How was the modpack installed? How did you start the game. Do you have other version of SH installed on your PC?
As I understood it can be some cfg conflict or old SH bug but I'm not sure. As I said I need more information
Old 09-03-21, 11:04 PM   #893
kaizerhund10
Mate

Downloads: 223

i think it was sh3 commander. i started a new patrol with a new commander without using sh3 commander. let u know how it goes. thanks for ur reply..enjoy the weekend
kaizerhund10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-21, 04:20 AM   #894
Patoche9999
Watch

Downloads: 10

Hello Alex, thanks again for your great mod. I start a new career trying to raid Dantzig port at the start of the war, but i was sunk by destroyers in area.

It works very well, but few remarks at the moment :
- when sailing in the Kiel canal and in ports, i can see buildings and trees glints on the sea, while visibility is at 0 outside (due to fog)y
- prepared travel path to cross the Kiel canal (IN and OUT) does not fit with the path to follow

I, too, met the "weather bug" once (my sub crashes while uploading a saved career), and I fixed it by changing Speedwind value in campaign files (I changed it to 4, instead of 0). Any idea about it?

Thanks you again for your work
Patoche9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-21, 04:20 AM   #895
Onealex
Seasoned Skipper

Just reminder for those people who don't understand why torpedoes run to deep
Old 09-04-21, 04:30 AM   #896
Onealex
Seasoned Skipper

Hi.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patoche9999 View Post
- when sailing in the Kiel canal and in ports, i can see buildings and trees glints on the sea, while visibility is at 0 outside (due to fog)y
It's SH3 engine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patoche9999
- prepared travel path to cross the Kiel canal (IN and OUT) does not fit with the path to follow
Use templates in/out and after that select return to course icon to let the u- boat follow that template
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patoche9999
I, too, met the "weather bug" once (my sub crashes while uploading a saved career), and I fixed it by changing Speedwind value in campaign files (I changed it to 4, instead of 0). Any idea about it?
It's known SH3 bug described in GWX manual. Just live with that

Last edited by Onealex; 09-04-21 at 04:52 AM.
Onealex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-21, 06:21 AM   #897
kyle9154
Commander

Downloads: 368

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onealex View Post
Just reminder for those people who don't understand why torpedoes run to deep
Only 20 and 25%???? hell I set it to 40% failure rate on magnetics and 35% on Impacts for Sept 39- June 40, simulates the torpedo crisis better (historically in Norwegian Campaign and many other instances literally only 1 of 3 T2 torpedo's would work with magnetic and 1 out of 2 would work with impact pistol). It was so abysmal that the Germans had to redevelop the torpedo and address the problems with it, the type 3 which largely solved all those issue. It was also so bad that commanders preferred to go back to the old type 1 gas torpedo for the reliability even if it meant seeing a torpedo wake until the new type 3 was available. If its a large merchant I fire 2 single torpedoes using the formula 4 x windspeed/10 for minimum depth in case one misses or fails (two things will happen, it will explode prematurely or run too deep that's with hsie.s realism fixes). Now realize those failure rates are for even when you do that calculation because all would fail if you didn't set it to correct depth depending on wind speed. Also I find firing in salvos tend to increase the failure rates so that's why I fire them separately.

The only thing is you can't simulate one torpedo to work better then the other, the failure rates effect all types of torpedoes in the game (even the reliable type torpedo's). I wish there was a way you could simulate the failure rates by the type of torpedo instead of the date in game, that would be more realistic.

Admin for the Onealex Mod Discord - https://discord.gg/bKCdQekE4W

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSpRvfqFYp0&t

Last edited by kyle9154; 09-04-21 at 06:31 AM.
kyle9154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-21, 12:49 PM   #898
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

radar Re: Torp failures...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle9154 View Post
Only 20 and 25%???? hell I set it to 40% failure rate on magnetics and 35% on Impacts for Sept 39- June 40, simulates the torpedo crisis better (historically in Norwegian Campaign and many other instances literally only 1 of 3 T2 torpedo's would work with magnetic and 1 out of 2 would work with impact pistol). It was so abysmal that the Germans had to redevelop the torpedo and address the problems with it, the type 3 which largely solved all those issue. It was also so bad that commanders preferred to go back to the old type 1 gas torpedo for the reliability even if it meant seeing a torpedo wake until the new type 3 was available. If its a large merchant I fire 2 single torpedoes using the formula 4 x windspeed/10 for minimum depth in case one misses or fails (two things will happen, it will explode prematurely or run too deep that's with hsie.s realism fixes). Now realize those failure rates are for even when you do that calculation because all would fail if you didn't set it to correct depth depending on wind speed. Also I find firing in salvos tend to increase the failure rates so that's why I fire them separately.

The only thing is you can't simulate one torpedo to work better then the other, the failure rates effect all types of torpedoes in the game (even the reliable type torpedo's). I wish there was a way you could simulate the failure rates by the type of torpedo instead of the date in game, that would be more realistic.
I too, agree that the whole torp failure fix, affects all the torp's the same.

On that, is there no way to clone the mechanics of the torp failure controls.. as is done with... say, cloning ships & then set it up in such a way as to point to each different torp type... to better simulate the torp failures experienced... so that it more accurately reflects the failures to the proper torpedo's... Or should I say, the ones that were most affected by the failure rates that were experienced during the war.?

Just a thought that crossed My mind...

M. M.

Old 09-04-21, 01:14 PM   #899
derstosstrupp
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 489

Hands-down the best, most well-thought-out and researched SH3 modpack out there!

One small request for OneAlex: could you please change the attack disc so that the correct pointer moves when changing the bearing of the optics? Currently it’s the attack/torpedo course arm that moves, when it actually should be the short arm labeled “Vorhalt” that points to relative bearing when used properly.

Thanks and keep up the good work!

One-Stop Targeting Shop:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...WwBt-1vjW28JbO
My YT Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIJ...9FXbD3S2kgwdPQ
derstosstrupp is online   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-21, 03:42 AM   #900
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 490
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle9154 View Post

Yeah, I tripled the default settings in the failure section of hsie.ini. Default is to low imo.