SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-10, 02:29 AM   #151
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

version 0.3.0 released. Biggest change was addition of TDC and some bug fixes. See post #1 of this thread

next version should include Reaper7's rec manual update.
Old 03-14-10, 04:08 AM   #152
Hyfrydle
Mate

Downloads: 11
Uploads: 0

Hi first of all thanks for this great mod it really makes SH 5 a joy to play. I have a few queries though. Firstly is the TAB to open the TAI map disabled and secondly the map and TAI map look the same on my install.

Hope this makes sense.

Just played a bit more and I can't maximise the log either.

Had another go and removed the player guidance icon mod ver 0.2.1 and the TAB works and so does the log. The TAI map still looks the same as the map.

Last edited by Hyfrydle; 03-14-10 at 04:39 AM.
Old 03-14-10, 05:11 AM   #153
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyfrydle View Post
The TAI map still looks the same as the map.
well from looking at the files it's because they are one and the same.
Old 03-14-10, 05:55 AM   #154
Hyfrydle
Mate

Downloads: 11

Sorry I was going mad everything's fine sorry for the confusion.
Old 03-14-10, 06:46 AM   #155
furby
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 60

this works fine with the new 3 dials mod?

cheers
Old 03-14-10, 07:24 AM   #156
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by furby View Post
this works fine with the new 3 dials mod?

cheers
this is seperate from the 3 dials. The 3 dials mod does include the TDC now also. This mod does have 3 dials but it also has the SH4 style buttons.
Old 03-14-10, 07:42 AM   #157
aranzabal
Nub

Downloads: 41

Thank you for tthis splendid work.

As you probably know there is one issue with all dials activated when I define a target I can not simply learn its depth from SH5 original torpedo depth option. And since I do not know the depth I hit targets from where I should not hit , near surface just to be sure.

Thanks again.
Old 03-14-10, 08:17 AM   #158
Dynd
Swabbie

Downloads: 13

Thanks for this great mod! In SH3 and SH4 I never used manual TDC and always automatic, this because I don't feel like doing math and all. So just to press the button and the torp goes to his target, any chance this could be implemented?
Old 03-14-10, 12:30 PM   #159
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by aranzabal View Post
Thank you for tthis splendid work.

As you probably know there is one issue with all dials activated when I define a target I can not simply learn its depth from SH5 original torpedo depth option. And since I do not know the depth I hit targets from where I should not hit , near surface just to be sure.

Thanks again.
I brought back the SH5 style depth under keel. You have the information to set the torpedo depth now. You won't see the information until you lock onto the target and identify it. Take a look at post #1 of this thread. In all the pictures at the top left you get the depth under keel profile. You must not have the current version (0.3.0)
Old 03-14-10, 04:12 PM   #160
TopCat
Helmsman

Downloads: 113

You're the man DarkWraith! Thx for this mod!

Still, there are some issues with the UI buttons. I'm still testing them through right know. As far as i can say right now, there are still some issues with the man deck gun and flak. When using the buttons to man the deck gun and flak and then use the 2WO's orders menu to unman them and vice versa, there's always some fuss (e.g. the guns are unmanned while the buttons are highlighted or the 2WO's order menu says man the guns, but in fact they're already manned).

When pressing the crush dive or scope depth buttons while standing on the tower, the boat will go down with yourself staying outside. Very cold and uncosy having no scuba equipment.

The button full left rudder will cause the boat to dive but has no affect on the rudder. Full right rudder caused ctd.

Going on with testing the other buttons now. I will give you some more feedback as soon as possible.
Old 03-14-10, 04:24 PM   #161
TopCat
Helmsman

Downloads: 113

Obviously you did not work on the other buttons yet, so no need for further comments for the moment.

The TDC works fine!

Cheers
TC
Old 03-14-10, 08:20 PM   #162
loreed
Torpedoman

Downloads: 83
Default Skip and Replay buttons

Just installed 0_3_0 Gui and lost my Skip and replay buttons on the briefing map. When you click on the mision request and the maps starts to open, the lower half of the buttons are visable but then slide up under the border out of sight. Is this just my problem or has anyone else seen it?
Old 03-14-10, 08:23 PM   #163
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by loreed View Post
Just installed 0_3_0 Gui and lost my Skip and replay buttons on the briefing map. When you click on the mision request and the maps starts to open, the lower half of the buttons are visable but then slide up under the border out of sight. Is this just my problem or has anyone else seen it?
screenshot please.
Old 03-14-10, 08:47 PM   #164
loreed
Torpedoman

Downloads: 83
Default Missing buttons on briefing map

I have never been albe to post a screen shot, beyound my understanding. If no one else noticed it then it is probably just something in the way my PC is set up. I will just get another cup of coffee while the BDU guy drones on.

Thanks for the interest and the mod really does make things easier, hope you keep on with it.
Old 03-14-10, 08:47 PM   #165
Gato76
Planesman

Downloads: 82

DarkWraith impressive job Thank you,now i have a few questions,do you have to be in port to install this mod? and how about to bring the entire SH4 tdc to SH5,the german one with the notepad.Could that be possible?
Closed Thread