Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-14-21, 03:06 PM   #751
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3catcircus View Post
Unelectable by whom? 74 million or so voted for the guy and I'm guessing they'd vote for him again in 2024.
Those aren't the only people who will vote. There are a number of reasons why Trump lost in 2020. Some were beyond his control. But some were. Unfortunately it wasn't enough. It is what he did after Nov. 3rd that will hurt him if he tries again.

Quote:
That having been said, his value is really as a head of a movement that runs candidates with similar values to primary the left-leaning.
Oh I agree. And that is where a guy like DeSantis comes in. Same take no crap attitude but without the drama that you get from Trump. And it is my own belief that people are tired of the drama. It is counter productive.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-21, 03:57 PM   #752
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 247

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
Those aren't the only people who will vote. There are a number of reasons why Trump lost in 2020. Some were beyond his control. But some were. Unfortunately it wasn't enough. It is what he did after Nov. 3rd that will hurt him if he tries again.

Oh I agree. And that is where a guy like DeSantis comes in. Same take no crap attitude but without the drama that you get from Trump. And it is my own belief that people are tired of the drama. It is counter productive.
I think that they are tired of the drama - but the drama is really the left-extreme woke cancel culture that they're tired of. Unlike every other politician who, when confronted with a gotcha (or manufactured gotcha) moment, makes the expected apologies and pleas for mercy (which won't be forthcoming) before being ruined, he doesn't do that. Instead, Trump responds by being so far over the top confrontational that they are all like "No, no, no! That's not what the playbook says you're supposed to do!!". It doesn't hurt that while he's giving them the figurative backhanded bitch-slap, he's doing it with irrefutable facts disguised in exaggeration. He's a master of hyperbolic metaphor, in that regard.

When he referred to Mexican rapists when talking about illegal immigration, for example, it's a dogwhistle to the media and leftists to claim that he's racist because he knows how to push their buttons; everyone with any sense understands his exaggeration because they know that there *are* criminals that make up part of all illegal immigrants - it's an easy win with the hard-core right while moderates understand the nuance in actually enforcing immigration law.

That he referred to the human-trafficking smugglers as coyotes and got leftists to bite thinking he was referring to actual canids just illustrates how low-information many people on Twitter actually are.
3catcircus is online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-21, 03:58 PM   #753
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Unelectable by whom? 74 million or so voted for the guy and I'm guessing they'd vote for him again in 2024.
I'm a little confused here.

I thought that only the candidate the party chooses as their candidate is the one the voters can put their vote on.

If I
Either The Rep choose him as their candidate or his new movement(if he starts one)get these 74 + millions votes

Yes there are other independent candidate in your National election-I don't really count these.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-21, 04:05 PM   #754
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 247

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
I'm a little confused here.

I thought only the candidate the party choosen as their candidate is the one the voters can put their vote on.

Either The Rep choose him as their candidate or his new movement(if he starts one)get these 74 + millions votes

Yes there are other independent candidate in your National election-I don't really count these.

Markus
In the primary elections, voters of a particular party pick from a list of candidates that they want their party to run against candidates of the other party in the general election. Some states have an open primary where active can vote. Most have closed or semi closed primaries where only prime registered for that party can vote in the party primary election.

In the General Election, usually it's Dem and GOP running presidential candidates with a smattering of 3rd party candidates. But you have to jump through a bunch of different laws, at the individual state level, to get in the ballot unless you are nominated by a political party. It may be easier to get a nomination from a 3rd party in most cases.
3catcircus is online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-21, 08:07 PM   #755
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

The real reason for the storming of the Capitol finally revealed! Somebody spread rumours on that they had stockpiled vaccine in there, and so...
Old 02-14-21, 10:02 PM   #756
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
In the primary elections, voters of a particular party pick from a list of candidates that they want their party to run against candidates of the other party in the general election.

Yep and I believe that anyone can declare themselves to be a party candidate. Theoretically Trump could run as a Democrat in 2024! It all depends on whether a candidate can get the primary votes.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-21, 08:43 AM   #757
Sonicfire1981
Engineer

Downloads: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
The real reason for the storming of the Capitol finally revealed! Somebody spread rumours on that they had stockpiled vaccine in there, and so...
Highly unlikely. They believe in trickle-down and would not dare to demand vaccination before the rich all have it.
Sonicfire1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-21, 09:47 AM   #758
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
Trump is a loser and the GOP swamp has shown its colors now, egg yellow. I'm looking forward to the right finding a more center and relevant footing. Maybe even a candidate.
What we have seen is elected officials only concerned with their own career and cushy positions.

I’m still try to figure this out. The vote was 57/43 in favor to acquit President Trump. Seven RINOS vote against Trump and its all over the news, including FOX. But, in order for a 57/43 outcome, that means 14 democrats voted in favor to acquit and it doesn’t make the news. Everyone knew the RINOS were going to vote guilty but, didn’t know how many democrats would vote to acquit. Whos are they and why are these are not in the news?
Old 02-15-21, 10:16 AM   #759
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Downloads: 58

There are 100 senators, I'm trying to follow your math?
ET2SN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-21, 10:16 AM   #760
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk View Post
What we have seen is elected officials only concerned with their own career and cushy positions.

I’m still try to figure this out. The vote was 57/43 in favor to acquit President Trump. Seven RINOS vote against Trump and its all over the news, including FOX. But, in order for a 57/43 outcome, that means 14 democrats voted in favor to acquit and it doesn’t make the news. Everyone knew the RINOS were going to vote guilty but, didn’t know how many democrats would vote to acquit. Whos are they and why are these are not in the news?
The 43 number is the number of Republicans who voted to acquit. 48 Democrats, 2 Independants, and 7 Republicans voted guilty. No Democrats voted to acquit.

https://www.senate.gov/legislative/L...n=1&vote=00059

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-21, 11:07 AM   #761
Sonicfire1981
Engineer

Downloads: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk View Post

It's all a big media conspiracy.
For real, in addition to what u_crank said, you'd have needed 2/3 (67/33 votes) to impeach.
Sonicfire1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-21, 11:11 AM   #762
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-21, 11:48 AM   #763
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Yep and I believe that anyone can declare themselves to be a party candidate. Theoretically Trump could run as a Democrat in 2024! It all depends on whether a candidate can get the primary votes.
Yeah, but that won't work, the DNC will cut him off at the knees like they did Bernie, Tulsi, and anyone else who steps out of line.
Old 02-15-21, 11:51 AM   #764
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

This is the true unstoppable crisis in America, and it's like watching an avalanche. No matter who wins the next elections, there's no unringing this bell.

Quote:
Former acting ICE Director Tom Homan told Fox News over the weekend that the recent surge U.S. officials are seeing on the southern border was not an accident but the result of a designed open borders strategy by the Biden administration.

Fox News host Mike Emanuel highlighted recent numbers that border officials saw for the month of January, which included “about 3,000 border arrests per day in January 2021, encounters at the border up 114% from the same time a year ago, the highest amount since July 2019.”

Asked to respond to those numbers, Homan said, “I wrote an op-ed for Fox News seven months ago and I said if Joe Biden became president, we would lose the border and it’s happening.”

“The surge is already there,” Homan said. “Now, you mentioned those numbers, but the truth is, it’s almost 4,000 crossings a day because Border Patrol isn’t adding [the ones who got away]. So there’s a way they count footprints in the sand and vehicle stop. So it’s about 4,000 a day. Now, you times that by a month, that’s 120,000 month, which is 1.4 million a year. And that’s why Title 42 is still in place for single adults. Once [the Remain In Mexico policy] stops adhering to Title 42, the numbers will be astronomical. And we knew this will happen because all the promises Joe Biden has made and he continues to make. And you know, so this isn’t by accident. This is by design. This is an open border strategy. He has bowed to the left, we lose the border.”

Last edited by Onkel Neal; 02-15-21 at 01:25 PM.
Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-21, 11:54 AM   #765
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
The 43 number is the number of Republicans who voted to acquit. 48 Democrats, 2 Independants, and 7 Republicans voted guilty. No Democrats voted to acquit.

https://www.senate.gov/legislative/L...n=1&vote=00059