Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-27-20, 03:17 PM   #91
Fubar2Niner
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 275
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Tonight because of my rapidly dwindling stock of peppermint cordial I am going to experiment with what other mixer I can add to my rum, coke being the obvious alternative favourite prior to experimentation.
@Jim

I have it on good authority that Dry ginger ale is a good mixture. My lad drinks Kraken, Diplomatico, Cpt Morgans Spiced, and Mount Gay among others. Try it mate, who knows it may be an enlightner

Fubar
Fubar2Niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-20, 04:21 AM   #92
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
I can help with that....

Still building props without let up. I made a Morta to go along with the Troglyte visor for my Mardi Gras costume and it's turned out to be popular. I'm working on one to add to the "Star Trek Original Series Set Tour" now.

https://www.startrektour.com/

When Star Trek: the next generation went off the air, the original set for the bridge was housed in a short-lived museum up on Hollywood Blvd. I went to the museum not knowing the set was installed there, so it was a bit of a pleasant surprise. I got to sit in Picards's chair and I resisted the urge to intone "Engage!'...

The Hospital Ship USNS Mercy just docked today in the Port Of Los Angeles and I thought maybe I'd go down to see her, but the news says the ship is under very heavy security and you can't anywhere near it; there is a very wide perimeter set up and they aren't welcoming, as they put it, "looky-loos"...

I went out today to get a few things at the store(s) and all of them have pretty much settled into a process to handle the customers and manage the store inventories. People seem to be going along with the procedures and I didn't see any signs of stress. A local news reporter did relate something she witnessed early on when thing were a bit more chaotic: a guy pulled up to the check out stand with a cart loaded with way more than the maximum allowed by the store policy and, when he was told he would only be allowed to purchase a fraction of his haul, he demanded they sell to him and he pulled out some bills, licked them individually, and slammed them down on the counter. The reporter didn't say what the final upshot was, but I would imagine the store exercised its "We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone" sign, accompanied by the forceful ejection of the cretin...

I have a lot of DVDs I've accumulated over the many years, so I do not want for entertainment; that and the music I have are serving me well...

One thing that occur just yesterday; I got a voicemail message telling me my doctor's appointment for next Wednesday will now be a "tele-visit" and the doctor will "see" me over the phone; at least there won't be a chance of them either drawing blood or injecting me with anything, so as Bill Murray would say, "I got that working for me"...

<O>
Old 03-28-20, 07:40 AM   #93
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubar2Niner View Post
@Jim

I have it on good authority that Dry ginger ale is a good mixture. My lad drinks Kraken, Diplomatico, Cpt Morgans Spiced, and Mount Gay among others. Try it mate, who knows it may be an enlightner

Fubar
I most certainly will Martin but first I'll need to source some and pretty quickly because I'm now down to my last two 1 litre bottles of the peppermint cordial.

I've a couple of 24 can multi packs of coke in the garage so that currently remains my fall back position.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-20, 07:43 AM   #94
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

The self isolating gives rise to old pleasures. The Fender strat is getting a real workout these days.

When the wife ( who is now working from home) isn't hassling me.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-20, 09:02 AM   #95
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Got my entertainment ready today, just got to take a break from the only news item on at the moment.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
STEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-20, 09:16 AM   #96
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
The self isolating gives rise to old pleasures. The Fender strat is getting a real workout these days.

When the wife ( who is now working from home) isn't hassling me.
For me it is obviously more time in the computer room but also making Indian and Chinese curry in larger than usual quantities so the kids can be given some.

Old 03-28-20, 09:53 AM   #97
u crank

Quote:
For me it is obviously more time in the computer room but also making Indian and Chinese curry in larger than usual quantities so the kids can be given some.
This is what my wife is now doing. When she makes a meal she makes lots and does up a couple of plates for my daughter and her beau. My daughter will come in, chat but keep her distance. No hugs. Mark stays in his truck and is very careful as he is an RCMP officer and is in contact with the public.

We miss the meals and socializing that we had before all this started. Mark always has interesting stories to tell as I'm sure you can relate. Also had planned to go to Halifax for Easter to see son and our two young grandchildren. That's not happening. Very thankful for Facetime.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 03-28-20, 10:52 AM   #98
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
This is what my wife is now doing. When she makes a meal she makes lots and does up a couple of plates for my daughter and her beau. My daughter will come in, chat but keep her distance. No hugs. Mark stays in his truck and is very careful as he is an RCMP officer and is in contact with the public.

We miss the meals and socializing that we had before all this started. Mark always has interesting stories to tell as I'm sure you can relate. Also had planned to go to Halifax for Easter to see son and our two young grandchildren. That's not happening. Very thankful for Facetime.
Yep, forgot to mention Facetime, what a God send that is right atm.

Tomorrow is my daughters birthday so she'll come up to 3 metres away from the door leaving her husband and our granddaughter in their car at one end of the drive and my lad will be in his at the other end.

We'll sing her 'Happy Birthday' then Ann will leave her presents, cards and presents on the doorstep. I'll probably be behind Ann sobbing my bloody eyes out.

It will be our granddaughters first birthday come May and it sickens me to the pit of my stomach that it'll be remembered for all the wrong reasons.

Old 03-28-20, 11:05 AM   #99
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Ran out to the store near closing time last night, avoiding people and wearing my mask, to get flour for my wife's lockdown bread-baking and lotto tickets-haven't missed since 1980!-absolutely no flour on the shelves at two super-markets; so I hit another Lucky's and scored a ten lb. of Gold Medal white flower, leaving the other four for similarly minded customers-no flour hoarding!! Noted all other baking supplies were ample:sugar, yeast salt; just no flour....The TP shelves are still empty. I saw absolutly no other cars...on Friday night in Napa??!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-20, 11:25 AM   #100
u crank

Quote:
Tomorrow is my daughters birthday so she'll come up to 3 metres away from the door leaving her husband and our granddaughter in their car at one end of the drive and my lad will be in his at the other end.

We'll sing her 'Happy Birthday' then Ann will leave her presents, cards and presents on the doorstep. I'll probably be behind Ann sobbing my bloody eyes out.
Who's crying? I'm not crying, you are.

That's a tough one Jim. Hopefully birthday number two will be a better memory.

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 03-28-20, 11:56 AM   #101
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Cheers Marcel

Old 03-29-20, 08:45 AM   #102
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Icon10

Nothing to watch on TV so its time to fire up the old girl my VHS recorder, young folk on here are scratching there heads in wonder.

Still held on to a few tapes recorded and bought so let the Dr Who marathon begin, kicking of with Jon Pertwee as the Doctor in...Planet of the Daleks.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
STEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-20, 11:07 AM   #103
Fubar2Niner
Silent Hunter

@STEED

Remember Beta Max and Laser Disk? Ooohh for a return to b/w and wind up tv's
Old 03-29-20, 01:36 PM   #104
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubar2Niner View Post
@STEED

Remember Beta Max and Laser Disk? Ooohh for a return to b/w and wind up tv's
Before those my father purchased a 35mm movie projector.

Old 03-29-20, 02:11 PM   #105
Fubar2Niner
Silent Hunter

OOh I can remember them days........ "Wife clear the table, close those curtains, we are going to watch films!"........... Gives me the shudders mate

Now I have to try copy old family stuff from vhs to dvd/BluRay...... HELP !!!