SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-08-08, 08:14 AM   #1
linerkiller
Captain

Downloads: 36
Uploads: 0
HMAS Australia (WW1-era Battlecruiser)

If someone is projecting to add this ship to the game that might be useful:hmm:
http://www.homepages.ihug.com.au/~ma...d/gallery.html

"When we realized that our clubbing and kickings were being administered by the burned, mutilated survivors of our handiwork, we found we could take it with less prejudice." Captain Richard "Dick" O'Kane-USS Tang
http://www.youtube.com/user/willembrock
linerkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-08, 05:23 PM   #2
Pablo
Commodore

Downloads: 165

Hmm...

I'm not sure about this particular ship, since it was decommissioned in 1921 and scuttled in 1924 (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMAS_Australia_(1911)).

Pablo

"...far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
- Theodore Roosevelt, speech before the Hamilton Club, Chicago, April 10, 1899
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-08, 01:17 AM   #3
linerkiller
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo
Hmm...

I'm not sure about this particular ship, since it was decommissioned in 1921 and scuttled in 1924 (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMAS_Australia_(1911)).

Pablo
Yeah...WWI-era battlecruiser...she din't saw WW2

"When we realized that our clubbing and kickings were being administered by the burned, mutilated survivors of our handiwork, we found we could take it with less prejudice." Captain Richard "Dick" O'Kane-USS Tang
Old 12-28-08, 02:19 PM   #4
ivank
The Old Man

Downloads: 284

I am toying with the idea, if TSWSM v1-3 are successful, of making TSWSM v5: World War I. But I don't know yet.

Leutnant z. S. David U. Ziegler
U-105 IXB On Patrol 1

ivank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-08, 03:56 PM   #5
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivank
I am toying with the idea, if TSWSM v1-3 are successful, of making TSWSM v5: World War I. But I don't know yet.
I hope so - we badly need a WWI sim with graphics superior to those in Shells of Fury.
iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-08, 01:09 AM   #6
ivank
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by iambecomelife
Quote:
I hope so - we badly need a WWI sim with graphics superior to those in Shells of Fury.
Agreed

U-105 IXB On Patrol 1

Old 12-29-08, 03:59 AM   #7
tonibamestre
中国水兵

Downloads: 82

I disagree. What kind of attractive do you see on WWI naval warfare?,is just primitive.
My personal opinnion is that if you have capability and good skill to model in 3D and creating new interfaces,starting at one point like now WW2,the modding needs to go forward,step by step of course.Think about all the possibilities on a near future,just behind these esplendit mods now in progress.Early Cold War,submarine and surface,adding mods covering a decade each one,new platforms,new systems,new weapons,new and refited ports and naval bases,and why not new global topo?
Maybe this cannot be totally achieved within SH4 I dont know,but perhaps it could by the next release,who knows what is going to bring us.
tonibamestre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-08, 08:52 AM   #8
linerkiller
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonibamestre
I disagree. What kind of attractive do you see on WWI naval warfare?,is just primitive.
My personal opinnion is that if you have capability and good skill to model in 3D and creating new interfaces,starting at one point like now WW2,the modding needs to go forward,step by step of course.Think about all the possibilities on a near future,just behind these esplendit mods now in progress.Early Cold War,submarine and surface,adding mods covering a decade each one,new platforms,new systems,new weapons,new and refited ports and naval bases,and why not new global topo?
Maybe this cannot be totally achieved within SH4 I dont know,but perhaps it could by the next release,who knows what is going to bring us.
at least the first world war had been a REAL war...personally, i hope that if UBI will ever release a sh5, this one will cover 1914-1918!

Old 12-29-08, 11:35 AM   #9
Pablo
Commodore

Downloads: 165

Hi!

FWIW, Storm Eagle Studios has just released a new World War I surface combat simulation called Jutland. You can read more about it and check out the screen pictures at their site: http://www.stormeaglestudios.com/public/home.html.

Pablo

"...far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
- Theodore Roosevelt, speech before the Hamilton Club, Chicago, April 10, 1899
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-08, 11:36 AM   #10
ivank
The Old Man

I much perfer if SH5, as the ultimate sub sim. Giving control over uboats in Europe and Asia, US subs in the Pacific, IJN subs, British subs, a Russian subs.
Then have SH6, be in WW1.
Then SH7, in the Cold war.

U-105 IXB On Patrol 1

Old 01-02-09, 11:00 AM   #11
linerkiller
Captain

Quote:
I much perfer if SH5, as the ultimate sub sim. Giving control over uboats in Europe and Asia, US subs in the Pacific, IJN subs, British subs, a Russian subs.
Then have SH6, be in WW1.
Then SH7, in the Cold war.
Maybe, if you contact the author of that model you could get the 3d model and import it into sh4...and maybe make it playable in a (unhistorical ) mod...like Xantrokole's Admiral Scheer