SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > COLD WATERS
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-25-17, 10:09 PM   #1
andyboydinomon
Swabbie

Downloads: 23
Uploads: 0
Default Bit by the Insertion mission bug

So I finally got the Insertion mission after action report bug with mission info missing (ships sunk/weapons/systems status) then a failed mission message.

I searched the forums and apparently this issue was handled awhile ago. I checked the mission files and they all have 1-1 for the enemy units as per a 'quick fix' that was posted.

It was in the 1984 campaign running 1.07c. I did have to sink two enemy ships then completed the insertion.

I have played this game a lot and never ran into this. Have played a lot of the 2004 campaign; have not run into this issue. I don't think any of my override files are conflicting but I will do more tests tomorrow....

Will changing the "RequiresStealth=TRUE" line to false in the mission file address this...??

Again I will be play testing it tomorrow. Just wondering if anyone has resolved this without removing the missions from the campaign.

Thanks
andyboydinomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-17, 10:11 PM   #2
Killerfish Games
Cold Waters Developer

Downloads: 0

Do you remember which port you were infiltrating?
Did you sink anything on the way in/out?
Old 08-25-17, 10:17 PM   #3
andyboydinomon
Swabbie

Murmansk. Sank 2 ships on the way in.
Old 08-26-17, 04:36 AM   #4
GeneralGamer
Navy Dude

Downloads: 158
Uploads: 3

Icon14

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyboydinomon View Post
So I finally got the Insertion mission after action report bug with mission info missing (ships sunk/weapons/systems status) then a failed mission message.

I searched the forums and apparently this issue was handled awhile ago. I checked the mission files and they all have 1-1 for the enemy units as per a 'quick fix' that was posted.

It was in the 1984 campaign running 1.07c. I did have to sink two enemy ships then completed the insertion.

I have played this game a lot and never ran into this. Have played a lot of the 2004 campaign; have not run into this issue. I don't think any of my override files are conflicting but I will do more tests tomorrow....

Will changing the "RequiresStealth=TRUE" line to false in the mission file address this...??

Again I will be play testing it tomorrow. Just wondering if anyone has resolved this without removing the missions from the campaign.

Thanks
Any chance of posting a screenshot of this?

I'm not positive but I think it happened to me once. the second time it worked. I'll post a screenshot the next time I see it.

Visit, like and suscribe.

is the best!!!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwe...1_CdFU_Mw4-SrQ

GeneralGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-17, 07:27 PM   #5
andyboydinomon
Swabbie

So I did some testing (running the same mission with different outcomes from the same save file), here it is as so far...

stealth (no sinking of enemy) and completed insertion = successful mission and no after action bug
completed insertion and sank 2 ships = mission fail with bug
no insertion (Disengaged and left mission) and no sinkings = mission fail and no bug
no insertion and sank a ship = mission fail with bug

So as it seemed from the 'bug' before... sinking an enemy ship during a stealth mission results in the bug and mission fail.

The bug being the after action report shows code text instead of contacts sunk/weapons remaining/systems status...

I understand the importance of stealth in these insertion missions and would love more stealth type missions instead of the usual 'shoot outs'. Maybe if you do get detected and need to sink an enemy ship you could disengage and leave the combat zone without inserting seals and come back a day later and try again. or possible get some credit for inserting and not being stealth and get more credit doing it stealth...I don't really know what a fair and realistic answer would be...probably if you get detected get the hell out and don't deploy seals as they would be put in a compromised position.

either way the after action report should show the proper stats, stealth or not.

interesting stuff...
Old 08-26-17, 09:22 PM   #6
Killerfish Games
Cold Waters Developer

Downloads: 0

Yes, there is was a bad mission file that was causing this, but it was fixed in a recent update.

What version of the game are you running?
Old 08-26-17, 10:22 PM   #7
andyboydinomon
Swabbie

Playing 1.07c

So after all that I tried playing the mission with only the default game (no override mods). I inserted and sank a ship and the after action screen was correct and the mission was a fail due to not being stealth.... no bug.

The only files in the my campaign001 override is the enhanced depth map and some changes in unit and map text color. No mission files whatsoever. I know that once I start messing with mods all bets are off on the developer end but could mission files in a campaign003 directory effect campaign001? The mission files in campaign003 look as if they were modeled after the older version of the insertion files pre-bug fix.
Old 08-26-17, 10:43 PM   #8
GeneralGamer
Navy Dude

Downloads: 158
Uploads: 3

OK I'm not saying there isn't a bug, but I did the mission twice and I made a tutorial you can watch here: It does have some good tips.

On this mission stay stealth, do not shoot unless shot at. Complete the drop off and get out of the area by ending mission. watch out for minefields.

Visit, like and suscribe.

is the best!!!

Last edited by GeneralGamer; 08-27-17 at 09:37 AM.
GeneralGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-17, 07:36 PM   #9
Falkirion
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyboydinomon View Post
Playing 1.07c

So after all that I tried playing the mission with only the default game (no override mods). I inserted and sank a ship and the after action screen was correct and the mission was a fail due to not being stealth.... no bug.

The only files in the my campaign001 override is the enhanced depth map and some changes in unit and map text color. No mission files whatsoever. I know that once I start messing with mods all bets are off on the developer end but could mission files in a campaign003 directory effect campaign001? The mission files in campaign003 look as if they were modeled after the older version of the insertion files pre-bug fix.
1.07c is a beta version though isn't it? Might be bugged currently and they'll fix before 1.07 drops proper.
Falkirion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-17, 08:01 PM   #10
Delgard
Skipper

Downloads: 48

On the insertion mission, I just lean to stealth. Takes patience and running the "barrier" of the combatants.

I have had to sink where I noticed a persistent helo noise AND a combatant moving towards me. At Ultra Ship Quiet, the helo doesn't seem to lock on me enough, but I monitor much. I have come to All Stop at moments when a patrol vessel on its track gets within 7k. That is just my number.

I wish my mission complete report didn't indicate that vessels "escaped", I did my mission and my expensive sub came home. I guess it is how the Sqdn CDR is going to see the situation.

Ref. the helo and its two torps, whatever happens I head NNW for deeper water. I have not used a MOSS. I will load it, Stop, and then send it off next time. Then work to stealth off.

No bugs noticed.
Delgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-17, 05:16 PM   #11
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community >andyboydinomon
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote