SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-22-11, 05:19 AM   #496
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rongel View Post
I don't know much about making missions, but your ships showed green on your mission, I have British ships shown always in red... And remeber that there was a bug somewhere that made the game crash if you sunk allied ship.
Sure!!! My mission was set on jan 1st 1938, and by that time british weren't enemies yet... My bad, I overlooked your suggestion about the game bug when you turned me on that direction the first time, because I was sure that I had set the tankers as british, but I should have noticed that on the map their contact icons were green.

Quote:
Exactly! So make a new mission for example in 1940 and see if it works! And if it works, gap, you owe me a beer!
Thank you Rongel, I didn't prepare a new mission yet, but of course I do owe you TWO beers of your choice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoianm View Post
italian beer it is not good... and do not get to close to gap... he is sicilian... did not ring a bell for you?... sicilia... cosa nostra... belive me he is very very dangerous
Dunno what stoianm is blathering here about beers and mafia, but he too deserved his beer. This one:

gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-11, 11:12 AM   #497
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Downloads: 366
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelViking View Post
Found the ship, and it has a shadow map. Will look into making it work tomorrow, gotta go get some sleep.
thank you for making it true, the textures should be ok or ?.... i dont know if i did the normal map texture right (bumps are showing with some kind of 3d effect, used nvidia normal map`s filter with custom settings)

...the version you got have also new bull eye`s, maybe you can add some leaking rusty water to on or two of them.

...ohh before i forget, the bull eyes render also for the aft side part of the ship, where normaly no bull eyes would be, this is because of the texture is repeating... i allready moved them a bit to remove texture parts showed also direclty on the stern.... i dont know but maybe it would be possible adding a blending texture to the dat file which is covering this aft side part of the ship, hiding them there

Last edited by Stormfly; 05-22-11 at 12:26 PM.
Stormfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-11, 12:18 PM   #498
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Downloads: 366

ohh just digged the link to AOTD_MadMax`s SH4 Ship Yard threat out...

you will also find his original and red cross version of the ship there !

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=136146

...someone should also make versions with working navigation lights for both of them (Trevally`s), if they sail as neutral "single driver"

Last edited by Stormfly; 05-22-11 at 12:35 PM.
Stormfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-11, 04:03 PM   #499
luismmm
Watch

Downloads: 766

Quote:
Originally Posted by uekel View Post
.... I´m pleasured that my mod to use is for something ....
Amazing good work uekel

Thanks
luismmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-11, 10:31 AM   #500
Zedi
Sea Lord

Downloads: 184
Uploads: 2

There is a problem I have in the campaign. I asked many times for small ships, even selected a pack from Uekel's mod.. still only big ships were imported. The only one small ship under 5K is Akita. So overall we have no only 2 ships under 5K tonnage: Akita and the small cargo from stock sh5.

Now that the traffic is improved, having 20-40K tonnage/month is easy even on high realism. Can anyone import at least 1 small ship, so I can divert the big ones in the ocean and have only small ships for coastal traffic?
Zedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-11, 11:43 AM   #501
Rongel
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 174

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedi View Post
There is a problem I have in the campaign. I asked many times for small ships, even selected a pack from Uekel's mod.. still only big ships were imported. The only one small ship under 5K is Akita. So overall we have no only 2 ships under 5K tonnage: Akita and the small cargo from stock sh5.

Now that the traffic is improved, having 20-40K tonnage/month is easy even on high realism. Can anyone import at least 1 small ship, so I can divert the big ones in the ocean and have only small ships for coastal traffic?
I noticed that the tonnages are increased in SteelVikings release. The ships we started to import we're the smallest ships SH 4 had and their tonnage was mostly around 2000-3000. For example Kasagisan ship was something like 2400 tons, but now when I sunk it, I got 6000 tons. Maybe it's because the ships looked too large compared to the low tonnage value?
Rongel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-11, 12:01 PM   #502
Zedi
Sea Lord

Quote:
I noticed that the tonnages are increased in SteelVikings release. ...
Ow.. so my memory is that bad. I also remeber that your ship was a 3K one and now is listed in the cfg as 6K. And your ships is much smaller than a Liberty. no way to be a 6K ship.

I can change the values back, but I wonder what is the reason for these changes SteelViking, did you had any reason to increase the tonnage?
Old 05-28-11, 01:57 PM   #503
SteelViking
The Old Man

Downloads: 86
Uploads: 4

I changed the cfg files to match the actual mass of the ships in the .sim files. That mass is used for flotation, and changing it can mess up how they sit in the water. I have imported multiple ships below 6000 tons now though. I have basically ran out of small ships to import, this is why I asked for someone to point me towards a ship pack made for sh4.

He sank 198,650 tons....who you ask?....Erich Topp, that's who!
SteelViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-11, 02:21 AM   #504
Zedi
Sea Lord

Guys, this is a problem and lets see if we can find a fix. The reason of importing new ships is not only the diversity, but also the realism. The sh5 fleet is mainly about huge trans-atlantic ships, all over 5K tons. Same ships sail along the coast so having 50-100K tonnage/month is not a big deal. But kills the realism.

The plan with the new campaign is to divert the big ships into Atlantic and keep the small ship for the coast traffic. But the only ship fitted for the coastal traffic is the small N-Type coastal cargo from SH5 and Akita. We cant use only these 2 ships + the new passenger transport ship, people will get bored to sink over and over the same ships.

Rongel's ship had around 3K and during the tests and I saw no flotation problems, not even the community reported flotation problem when testing the MN test campaign. So whats the problem here, why she has now 6K? If the mass is used for flotation, can we use tricks like having 6K in the DAT, but 3K in the cfg? I suppose the game read the cfg when ship sunk, not the DAT file.

This small pack contains few small tonnage ships from Uekel's mod, nothing that can help on this matter?

Ah.. one more thing. I received reports from testings that the new ships have sometimes serious flotation problems, they are sailing almost under water. I think is because they are loaded with cargo.. so there is still some problem with the flotation.
Old 05-29-11, 03:17 AM   #505
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

If you look at the cfg file for the C3 it has this line .
DisplacementVariation=5
Not sure what this means .
I vaguely recall some dev saying that cargo weight would be taken into account with SH5 .
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-11, 03:21 AM   #506
Zedi
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
If you look at the cfg file for the C3 it has this line .
DisplacementVariation=5
Not sure what this means .
I vaguely recall some dev saying that cargo weight would be taken into account with SH5 .
Thats correct.
Old 05-29-11, 03:34 AM   #507
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

ok , so we just have to find where ?
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-11, 03:39 AM   #508
Rongel
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 174

Quote:
Guys, this is a problem and lets see if we can find a fix. The reason of importing new ships is not only the diversity, but also the realism. The sh5 fleet is mainly about huge trans-atlantic ships, all over 5K tons. Same ships sail along the coast so having 50-100K tonnage/month is not a big deal. But kills the realism.

The plan with the new campaign is to divert the big ships into Atlantic and keep the small ship for the coast traffic. But the only ship fitted for the coastal traffic is the small N-Type coastal cargo from SH5 and Akita. We cant use only these 2 ships + the new passenger transport ship, people will get bored to sink over and over the same ships.

Rongel's ship had around 3K and during the tests and I saw no flotation problems, not even the community reported flotation problem when testing the MN test campaign. So whats the problem here, why she has now 6K? If the mass is used for flotation, can we use tricks like having 6K in the DAT, but 3K in the cfg? I suppose the game read the cfg when ship sunk, not the DAT file.

This small pack contains few small tonnage ships from Uekel's mod, nothing that can help on this matter?

Ah.. one more thing. I received reports from testings that the new ships have sometimes serious flotation problems, they are sailing almost under water. I think is because they are loaded with cargo.. so there is still some problem with the flotation.
I think we should keep the old tonnage values from SH 4. I didn't see any critical change testing these new ships and the ones with the low tonnage. During stormy seas they still kind of go through the waves like a sub, like Zedi once mentioned. And I'm not sure if the cfg-file has anything else to do than put info on the rec manual. Sim-file should do the simulation.

I agree that the point was to get small ships to the game, they were missing previously. SteelViking has done a lot of work and my hat goes off to him, not mean to diminish his work .

Fixing the flotation is a time consuming process, there are many different variables and a very small change can fix it or ruin it. I'm not a expert in this field, but again, I know that stoainm is pretty good .

When this is fixed, there is still one thing to do, but it seems that TDW holds the answers to this: modifying the zon-file to get better sinking mechanics and missing FX sounds. I have tried it i'm but I'm like a blind man fixing stuff, don't know what I'm doing.
Rongel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-11, 06:04 AM   #509
Zedi
Sea Lord

So if I will set back ONLY in the cfg the old displacement values will cause any problem with the new ships?

I have an important question to you guys. Now that I created many new nation entries in the roster, will these ships use these nations flag or it needs more adjustments? For example, Algeria will use an algerian flag or it will sail without any flag?
Old 05-29-11, 06:37 AM   #510
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

Quote:
I have an important question to you guys. Now that I created many new nation entries in the roster, will these ships use these nations flag or it needs more adjustments? For example, Algeria will use an algerian flag or it will sail without any flag?
Just ran a test for this in single mission.
Here you can see a ship from Brasil

I did this with ships from 5 nations.
All had the " red ensign"

Not sure what the Ice Tomb is about.
I did read somewhere that the UK and Canada were trying to make a carrier out of ice and straw.

Here is my mod list:-
Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\MODS]
FX_Update_0_0_18_ByTheDarkWraith
IRAI_0_0_32_ByTheDarkWraith
Black_Skin_albrecht
NewUIs_TDC_6_5_1_ByTheDarkWraith
Dynamic Environment SH5 Basemod (light) V2.0
TheDarkWraith_DC_Water_Disturbances_v1_0_SH5
No Logo Intro Menu_Animation v. 01.00 by AvM
MightyFine Crew Mod 1.2.1 Alt w beards
Trevally Harbour & Kiel Canal Pilot v2.4