SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-03-07, 06:44 PM   #46
Wolfehunter
Crusty Capt.

Downloads: 40
Uploads: 25

I found a minor bug. When your on the bridge using your binoculars the compass doesn't work. On the UZO it does. Cool thing about this mod is Now I can position myself nicely on the bridge and really see!

Heres a snack you might want to bite. Give the option to clipping or no clipping through walls and floors. If that is possible.
Old 10-04-07, 12:53 AM   #47
skookum
Weps

Downloads: 35
Uploads: 0

Serge, this is one of the coolest mods I've seen for SH3. It's an absolute must have. It turns a frighteningly immersive game into a black hole for the mind and soul. I'm indifferent to whether you should allow clipping through walls and floors. Clipping lets you get to the outer decks where the view is really cool. Leave the binoculars alone. Obstacles are a fact of life. And no, binoculars don't have compasses, that's what the UZO is for.

However, I have a small bug to report.
I have noticed that when I'm in the radio room or the hydrophone room, the up/down axis on the mouse scrolling is mapped to the roll left/right axis instead of the looking up and down axis. Scrolling left and right with the mouse maps correctly to pan view left/right.

I don't know if this makes any sense, but go to either the radio room or the hydrophone room, move the mouse forwards and backwards and you'll see what I mean.

Just when I thought this game couldn't possibly get any better, another killer (and really simple) mod comes out and totaly changes my perspective on the gameplay. I'm starting to view this game as more of a FPS/RPG now, rather than a simulator. But as either, it truly kicks ass.

It came out in 2005 and it is still, IMHO the best computer game of all time (and I've played a few).
skookum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-07, 01:09 AM   #48
sergbuto
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfehunter
I found a minor bug. When your on the bridge using your binoculars the compass doesn't work.
See post #35 of this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfehunter
Give the option to clipping or no clipping through walls and floors. If that is possible.
It is possible but requires an extensive re-work of the collision model.
Old 10-04-07, 01:42 AM   #49
Wolfehunter
Crusty Capt.

Downloads: 40
Uploads: 25

Guys guys ok I get the message.

sergbuto I missed that post. My bad, I take that back.

Skookum is right about the radio room. I didn't see that happen in the hydrophone room yet. :hmm:

And for the clipping its not an issue your mod rock regardless.
Old 10-06-07, 01:50 PM   #50
chris
Torpedoman

Downloads: 1

Excellent mod, sergbuto! Thank you very much. It gives a complete new visual feeling.
chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-07, 04:35 PM   #51
sergbuto
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by skookum
However, I have a small bug to report.
I have noticed that when I'm in the radio room or the hydrophone room, the up/down axis on the mouse scrolling is mapped to the roll left/right axis instead of the looking up and down axis. Scrolling left and right with the mouse maps correctly to pan view left/right.

I don't know if this makes any sense, but go to either the radio room or the hydrophone room, move the mouse forwards and backwards and you'll see what I mean.
I can't reproduce what you are describing. The up/down movement with the mouse works fine for me in the radio/hydrophone rooms in my vanilla SH3. My guess is that some changes (made by some of the mods you are using) in the Commands_en.cfg settings in the Data\Cfg folder may lead to things you have encounted.
Old 10-06-07, 10:26 PM   #52
skookum
Weps

I have been away, sorry for the lack of replies. The issue seems to have resolved itself. The next time I loaded SH3, all was as it should be. Thanks! (for nothing...er...except this crazy awesome mod:hmm:)

Word
skookum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-08, 01:44 PM   #53
Gotmilk
Planesman

I am unable to download this mod from Sergbuto-s home page. Could you be so kind and upload it again. Thank you.
Gotmilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-08, 03:06 PM   #54
sergbuto
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Download link:
http://rapidshare.com/files/94887614...d_SH3.zip.html
Old 02-25-08, 03:56 PM   #55
Gotmilk
Planesman

Thank you so much. I love this community. The most friendliest community i have ever seen
Gotmilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-08, 09:40 PM   #56
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

I'd like to say thanks for the reposted download link as well. After all that time away from my computer, I finally got everything set up again too late. Today I finally downloaded and installed, and it's everything I could have hoped!

I was taken by surprise when I saw my bridge crew in the way.:rotfl: This is just too cool!

I have a request: I completely agree that it's realistic not to know the azimuth when looking through the binoculars. I always look with the naked eye to find a target anyway, then look through the binocs. What I would like to know is this: is it possible to remove the azimuth reading from the screen altogether? It's kind of annoying to see it there anyway.
Old 02-25-08, 10:36 PM   #57
Kpt. Lehmann
GWX Project Director

Downloads: 115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve
What I would like to know is this: is it possible to remove the azimuth reading from the screen altogether? It's kind of annoying to see it there anyway.
It certainly is possible. We've already removed the bearing indicator from the binocs altogether in the upcoming GWX 2.1 update.

www.thegreywolves.com
All you need is good men. - Heinrich Lehmann-Willenbrock
Kpt. Lehmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-08, 11:16 PM   #58
Philipp_Thomsen
Old Gang

Downloads: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpt. Lehmann
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve
What I would like to know is this: is it possible to remove the azimuth reading from the screen altogether? It's kind of annoying to see it there anyway.
It certainly is possible. We've already removed the bearing indicator from the binocs altogether in the upcoming GWX 2.1 update.

In real life its very very easy to know at what bearing you are looking at with the binoculars, while in the game you are turning the mouse left or right and have no idea how much your head is turning, thats why i think that the bearing indicator is useful... sometimes you turned to 270 looking for something and nothing shows up, you get out of the binoculars and see you already turned too much past 180... too hard to control that turning speed sometimes without the bearing indicator. Maybe if were only a north/south/east/west indicator, would be perfect...
Old 02-25-08, 11:27 PM   #59
Madox58
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Now days, most military opticals may have bearing marks controlled by Microchips.
It would give feed back to Military Command after all.

However.
In the field, should that fail?
Are the Troopers trained to overcome this "bug"?

I highly doubt any type of "here's your bearing" was in use during WWII
for Binos.

So GWX goes towards what was fact then, as best it can.
It is a thinking mans game after all.
Old 02-26-08, 08:39 AM   #60
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philipp_Thomsen
In real life its very very easy to know at what bearing you are looking at with the binoculars, while in the game you are turning the mouse left or right and have no idea how much your head is turning, thats why i think that the bearing indicator is useful... sometimes you turned to 270 looking for something and nothing shows up, you get out of the binoculars and see you already turned too much past 180... too hard to control that turning speed sometimes without the bearing indicator. Maybe if were only a north/south/east/west indicator, would be perfect...
I'm not sure that's true. In real life you would have an idea how much your head is turning, but that only helps if you're scanning in one general direction. Any more than a few degrees and you're turning your whole body, at which time you lose that sense of absolute direction. When using plain old binoculars in real life, I think we automatically drop them and use the naked eye, and then replace them without thinking about it.