SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-08, 08:56 PM   #211
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Downloads: 187
Uploads: 12

For Anteater, Reise Will-Rommel and all the other beta testers

I've noted your comments. Be advised that I will make a few more changes but don't except that "ever reported problem" will be resolved, I'm only one person and there are only so many hours in the day.

The beta testing is coming to an end and I will more than likely release V400 in a week or so. After that the only patches will be "show stoppers" like CTD or some kind of "major" campaign related screw up. I'm going to take a few weeks off then start working on V500.

All the input from the beta testers has been invaluable in making the next version of OM something that ever one can enjoy.
Old 08-15-08, 10:12 PM   #212
cgjimeneza
Captain

Downloads: 145
Uploads: 0
Default eye candy

Lurker

for final release pls include the different smoke mod for merchants and warships made by vickers03 that came along a couple weeks ago.. it makes a nice change but it seems to change
EuroLiner.sim and
NTRW_.sim
it also changes particles.dat but this does not seem to be changed by OM.

not urgent but dont know what I might be messing by overwriting

"Left on their own, engineers can be dangerous"
Old 08-16-08, 03:03 AM   #213
AntEater
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 0

Lurker, maybe you can enlist help from the RFB team, as they're working on a new DM for fleet boats. Maybe those guys can take a look at the U-Boats as well?
Old 08-16-08, 04:23 AM   #214
csengoi
A-ganger

Downloads: 12

I also would like the type XXI. I always want to play 100% realsim, but this thing is an exception. It's kind a reward at the end of the war to play the XXI. Besides, it is not a must to change your boat, so if someone doesn't want it, simply can stick with his older boat.
Old 08-16-08, 05:19 AM   #215
AntEater
Grey Wolf

Ok, but we should give Lurker a break.
A single guy putting all that together deserves huge praise.
Maybe Lurker should "outsource" some...
Old 08-16-08, 08:19 AM   #216
örni
Swabbie

Downloads: 94

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker_hlb3
Quote:
Originally Posted by örni
I suggest it into the next version that some extra submarines should be useful:XXI; XXIB; XXIC; XI; XXVI; XXX;XXIX. I know it not plain.
http://www.u-historia.com/uhistoria/.../proyectos.htm
http://www.kbismarck.com/u-boot/utypen.htm#liste
These will not be used in OM
And an other mod these do not fit into his frameworks it special submarines. (Special U boot) :hmm:
Old 08-16-08, 09:22 AM   #217
AntEater
Grey Wolf

@Lurker
I just modified the roster of most countries so that now most of the Marus will be used instead of just T3s and such.
I can upload it if you like.
While the colours of most japanese SH4 merchants are japanese, the ship types are pretty international. British or US prewar freighters looked largely the same.
Actually the average japanese (and german) merchant was more modern than the average british.
The brits now use basically the whole maru fleet, while 1940s "cheap flag" nations like Norway and Greece only use the "old" ones.
To compensate, I've restricted Liberty, Victory and T3 ships to later years.
I'm planning to kind of "phase out" the marus/older merchants around 1943 so that 1943 convoys will present themselves as quite homogenous compared to earlier year's hodgepodge.
Does anyone know wether it is possible to convert SH3 ships to SH4?
I'm thinking about the T2 tankers and C2 and C3 freighters especially.
Old 08-16-08, 09:49 AM   #218
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntEater
@Lurker
I just modified the roster of most countries so that now most of the Marus will be used instead of just T3s and such.
I can upload it if you like.
While the colours of most japanese SH4 merchants are japanese, the ship types are pretty international. British or US prewar freighters looked largely the same.
Actually the average japanese (and german) merchant was more modern than the average british.
The brits now use basically the whole maru fleet, while 1940s "cheap flag" nations like Norway and Greece only use the "old" ones.
To compensate, I've restricted Liberty, Victory and T3 ships to later years.
I'm planning to kind of "phase out" the marus/older merchants around 1943 so that 1943 convoys will present themselves as quite homogenous compared to earlier year's hodgepodge.
Does anyone know wether it is possible to convert SH3 ships to SH4?
I'm thinking about the T2 tankers and C2 and C3 freighters especially.

You can upload it, and I will take a look at it. I will not used converted SH3 merchants in OM
Old 08-16-08, 10:15 AM   #219
Mikhayl
Captain

Downloads: 64

Just my 2 cents, it's a good thing to use only SH4 merchies. SH3 merchies can be converted fairly easily but they don't have the "SH4 style" and they look odd in convoy along with genuine SH4 ships. I prefer having few high quality ships than lots of ships of unequal quality.
Same for the XXI, IMO it's a good choice to leave it out, so the player has the choice to keep his "old" type II/VII/IX or switch to the XXIII for a very different & interesting style of sailing, more interesting & challenging than the XXI which can be used like some sort of über VIIC/41 without much change in gameplay.
Old 08-16-08, 10:37 AM   #220
AntEater
Grey Wolf

As I said, if you look at the pictures of the sunken ships at Uboat.net, you see that the Maru types we have are relatively representative of the early war victims of the U-Boats. In fact, more representative than the original SH3 ship set.
Ok, many of the older Marus were not japanese build, but rather british mostly.
Straight bow, single tall funnel merchants were the most common victims. We didnt have those in SH3 at all, at least in medium (4000 ts) and large (8000 ts).
Different skins would be nice, though. Did anyone make any sofar?
Some ships are missing, though, especially the MARCOM ships like the T2 and C2 designs.
T3 was actually quite rare and most were used as fleet oilers in the pacific.
The real mainstay tanker was T2.
Old 08-16-08, 11:00 AM   #221
Mikhayl
Captain

Not sure about skins, I think repaints were made for warships but not so much for merchants yet (?). I agree on the SH4 roster, in SH3 you basically had either the ~2000 tons merchie or the ~1000 tons one, almost nothing in between.
As for the T2 & C2 it would be nice to have them, but there's the problem of the look that is too much different from the overall style of SH4 ships. The lightmap in itself isn't so difficult to do, the real problem is to find the right setting to make it look like the stock SH4 ships. I know at least of one person who lost some hair on it
Old 08-17-08, 03:07 AM   #222
602Sqn_Puff
Ensign

Downloads: 322

First off..well done on the mod..it's fantastic! Now a small Bug I have found.... Feb 41 off the coast of France in the VIIB. I was attacked by an aircraft and hit the crash dive button...at 70m I found that in level depth @ 2 kts the compressed air drained far to quick....within 10 mins I was down to 50% { I had went into X16 TC after the attack } and then I watch over the course of the next 5 mins actual time, the percentage drop from 50 to 20, where I then blew tanks to emergency surface. Weather was clear with 5m/s wind. The only mod which may have effected it was the conning tower fix that has been placed after the OM4 beta 4.
Any more info required and I'll happily pass it on...

EDIT: Tested without the conning tower fix and all is well, boat sits at proper depth { noticed before she sat about 3m shallower than 70 m for instance } and compressed air is used very little.

Last edited by 602Sqn_Puff; 08-17-08 at 03:31 AM.
Old 08-17-08, 03:59 AM   #223
Mikhayl
Captain

This one is a stock bug, I had it once with no mods enabled. Same thing, ordered crash dive then cranked up TC and all my compressed air was gone in a blink. I think it has something to do with the way you level the boat after crash diving or something, or maybe just because of the combination crash dive+TC.
Old 08-17-08, 04:35 AM   #224
602Sqn_Puff
Ensign

Downloads: 322

Rgr...I'll watch out in future
Old 08-17-08, 08:25 AM   #225
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by 602Sqn_Puff
The only mod which may have effected it was the conning tower fix that has been placed after the OM4 beta 4.
FYI

Conning tower fix is not required, as it is part of Beta 4
Closed Thread