Not going to at all now. 137 11.08%
Voters: 1237. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-28-10, 07:16 AM   #181
Hunter
Commander

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 0

Quote:
You can buy a disc alright but you still have to create a UBI account, login and stay connected during the entire single payer game!!
Exactly what I said, the only things what I want from developer and publisher for that not too cheap price for a PC game in our days are a legal copy I can easily install withough concern if it is readable and compatible with my current hardware and won't bring me read error due to compatibility issues caused by copyprotection system in about 5 years making to seak for cracked version, then quality game with good immersion and little features cut off due to budget reduction that i would like to keep in my collection to replay again and again, support for removing bugs and improvements, and lot of additional content (paid addons are OK since game worth playing) not like it was SH3 with which was abandoned with many unfinished features. Why not to sell more units, objects and features to popular games? What I defenetely don't need are on-line accounts, check-ins or on-line connection for singleplayer game. At least PC is not only a communication device but my private space and storage as well that I would like to keep save from various on-line dangers.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-10, 08:17 AM   #182
Lanzfeld
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 64

Like someone else already said: You will be in the middle of a stalking-attack and right before you shoot an ad for a soda will pop up!
Lanzfeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-10, 08:23 AM   #183
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanzfeld View Post
Like someone else already said: You will be in the middle of a stalking-attack and right before you shoot an ad for a soda will pop up!
Or even worse, an ad for other UBI game titles!!

Sub captains go down with their ship!
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-10, 08:48 AM   #184
kvbrock82
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 240

I voted "Ill wait".. but i will actually do the right thing and not buy this title at all with this intrusive way of doing things.

Im not having Ubisoft's dirty software infecting my brand new EUR2000 pc.. besides, loads of great games coming out this year. Cant wait.
kvbrock82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-10, 09:27 AM   #185
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

Quote:
According to the poll they have lost or delayed approximately $13500.00 USD in sales by this decision. And thats just this thread
Quote:
Were up to $14050.00 USD
$ 15.800 already!

Quote:
What's interesting is that when the poll had only 100 respondents the results were almost identical to what they are now with ~350 respondents. That's still a very small number, but if those numbers are consistent with the overall userbase there's something to ponder for Ubi.
Very true, only a 17% is going to buy the game like this. Wonder if there would have been a SH5 at all, if SH4 had gotten only 17% of its actual sales?

Wake up UBI, do you really think there will be people willing to buy it just because they can't use a pirated version (Which will eventually appear sooner or later)? No way. Subsims are not like many other games, they have a more mature public with money available and a long term interest on this. And when the majority of that public walks away, then the business is dead.
Old 01-28-10, 09:34 AM   #186
BulSoldier
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 40

Not dead but left behind. Until someone with common sense takes the oportunity to pick it up from where it was left and do the things the proper way.
I will be more than happy to see silent hunter game made as it was supposed to be when it was realeased instead of patching it for a year and reling on moders to make it appealing.

As for the poll, well it speaks clearly on itself.I hope the ones at the top of ubi (few months from now) wake up and do the right thing, that is give the devs enough time to make a quality product.

By the hour !
BulSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-10, 09:51 AM   #187
Steeltrap
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 3

Purchase? After this connect-to-internet-all-the-time-or-piss-off? PURCHASE??

Maybe they're doing this because Ubi is in France and secretly hates seeing u-boats leaving from French ports.....

Steeltrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-10, 10:00 AM   #188
BulSoldier
Samurai Navy

May be then they should limit the game to mid spring '40. Just cut as much as you already did from the war.

By the hour !
Old 01-28-10, 10:13 AM   #189
Steeltrap
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulSoldier View Post
May be then they should limit the game to mid spring '40. Just cut as much as you already did from the war.
Ha, a little unkind.

I don't really mind it stopping mid-43 as their reasoning about the battle being lost is quite correct.

I can equally understand others aren't happy; comparing a mid-43 end with mid-40 one is a little disingenuous (even though it made me laugh)....
Steeltrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-10, 10:22 AM   #190
BulSoldier
Samurai Navy

Its a joke.I myself never reached mid '43 in gwx3. But still i like the challange and the remote possibility to reach the end of the war.It may sound a bit harsh but i wasnt that happy about only type7 but the real killer for me was the '43 ending.

By the hour !
Old 01-28-10, 12:23 PM   #191
headcase
Sparky

Downloads: 9

It's a deal-killer for me. I make my living as a cruise-line musician. An internet connection like that is just not gonna happen. Most of the time I'm not on board I am on a 28' sailboat. Not an steady-connection haven either. Steam lost my dollars years ago. Looks like Ubisoft has now as well. I know I don't live a normal life, but I don't see where I should have to be told by THe Man where an when I can get my game on after I've paid my money. Or maybe I'm just too much of a dinosaur for this world.
Old 01-28-10, 12:31 PM   #192
KL-alfman
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 86

Quote:
Originally Posted by headcase View Post
Or maybe I'm just too much of a dinosaur for this world.

NO!
you're not. or 90% of this board are as well .....
Old 01-28-10, 01:10 PM   #193
Dieselglock
Wolf of the deep

Downloads: 561

Canceled my pre-order this morning. I like the freedom to play my SH series anytime I like on my laptop. I travel often and do not always have an internet connection. It is a shame, I only play SH and no other games. I was really looking forward to this release.

NYGM STEEL COFFIN V5.5 / Rik007: SH-3 Night surface attack / CCOM12 FIFI / ONEALEX 1.53
Dieselglock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-10, 01:17 PM   #194
FIREWALL
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 511

Since RoF operates about the same way and it's in the bargain bin ay Ebay.

Your 3rd and 4th choice on poll equal about the same.

Looking at the totals here and on other threads most members here give SHV the for early purchase.

It seems that way on other sites too.

I Play GWX. Silent Hunter Who ???
FIREWALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-10, 02:38 PM   #195
BulSoldier
Samurai Navy

Yes it will be extremely interestign after the release to lock it and check the results from the poll with the sales and the expected sales.

By the hour !